Marijuana

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Marijuana

Post by azcat49 »

Just got some home made edibles which I haven’t done in a long while. Not sure if they would be more potent but thinking I should start slow on those cupcakes
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 am Checking out a Michigan dispensary right now. Haven’t even been back to the “bud room” yet and I’m already liking it better than the place I go to in Illinois.

And it’s going to be much much cheaper.

It’s a little further from my house but depending on the rest of my experience this may have to become my go-to shop.
Way better experience. And like 40% cheaper. I think the law in Illinois must be no product in the areas where customers are. It leads to feeling so disconnected from the shopping experience that it’s off-putting.

I’m a convert. Getting to look at products and ask questions is what I’m looking for. Illinois should get their act together.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

If they won't at least allow you to smell the bud from the container prior to buying...get out.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I haven't been to a dispensary in quite some time, since they have free delivery and it's about 20 miles away, but out here in Cali all the containers are sealed. No idea if they would let you open them in the dispensary or not, since what are they going to do with it if you don't decide to buy? Back when they just had medicinal dispensaries the containers were all open.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

In Illinois there’s no product at all. Not even advertising posters. You’re basically in an austere dentist’s office with someone who runs in the back to grab whatever you preordered. And for some reason they still have tip jars and call themselves budtenders.

Denver is the best I’ve experienced. I’m looking to get as close to an Amsterdam weed cafe vibe as I can get.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

It's kind of in between in AZ so far. There's product out there to see and look at and the employees are friendly and seem to know what they're talking about, but it's still very dentist office-y too.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The place I went to had huge nugs of each strain of flower in glass cubes on display. They also had samples of the wax and edibles under glass. I liked it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My favorite congressman.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Oh my god look at my rep score it’s a sign from God.

Gonna go get super fucking high now. Thank you Jeebus.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Coincidentally, today is my harvest day and beginning of curing the several ounces I've got in my closet grow tent. This Tangerine Dream is going to rock in a few weeks.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAdevil wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:04 am Coincidentally, today is my harvest day and beginning of curing the several ounces I've got in my closet grow tent. This Tangerine Dream is going to rock in a few weeks.
How do you keep the smell down? I was growing outdoors and even then my wife complained about the smell. Can't even imagine indoors.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Barely any smell during the grow. Now, as they buds go into jars and cure; everytime I "burp" the jars I definitely get a good skunk. That's about it for smell. My wife complains a bit now and again, but only when in close proximity to the grow space. I'm using autoflower strains. Evidently they can put out less aroma.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Tangerine dream is a fantastic strain. One of my favorites.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Do gummies go bad after a while? I think I bought too many when AZ 1st went legal for recreation. I don't use them as much as I was thinking I might!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They might start to break down a bit, but they won't go bad. Worst case is they might stick together or start to get pretty gooey. Only remedy is to either eat them soon or send them to me.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

They are sealed, at least here in Cali, so like most food which is sealed does not go bad.

Reminds of something that happened the other day. Didn't realized I ordered a 100mg gummy, thought it was a 10mg.

Oops. I was able to get to sleep, but I was stoned until about 10:30 the next morning. Never got super stoned though which was great.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

100?!!!!

I'm such a lightweight. 10 knocks me on my ass.... 5 is a perfect nice mellow place for me!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Same. 5 is usually plenty for me. 10 if I want to sleep like a complete log.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I've been having some 10mg pineapple gummies lately and whenever I have one my bedtime becomes like 8:30 and I sleep for 11 hours

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I've been doing the Kiva Camino wild berry "chill" gummies, with 5 mg of THC each. I've really liked them. I'll only take one per night. I've had 18 of them over the course of three months.

Tonight I'm trying the Sparkling Pear, which has only 2 mg of THC in each gummy, and 6 mg of CBD. I don't understand it, but supposedly this combination produces euphoria, with zero paranoia or anxiety.

I do admit, I get some paranoia and anxiety at 5 mg of THC, unless I'm watching basketball. 5 mg of THC with basketball is an amazing experience.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have noticed that the dispensary I use has gummies with CBN in them instead of CBD. Not sure what the difference is. Guess I could look it up but don't care that much.

I normally chew 3 10mg gummies over a period of a night maybe an hour apart. Sleep like a baby!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I can't imagine what 30 mg would do to me.

I do credit these gummies. I haven't had alcohol since March.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m at a point where 20mgs are needed to feel anything. So I should probably take a break and lose some weight if I want to get truly high level without depleting my stash.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yeah good lord. 3-5 is what I need to sleep.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

5 did nothing to me but 10 mg sent me to another dimension

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm on 2 mg and the world is buzzing
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Did he check with the RWNJ wife/boss first?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I imagine they are making money from it or he has pain. Also, if you read the story it's more about how with the hodgepodge of laws regulating weed, it's being applied unequally among various federal agencies and especially with regard to tax laws for businesses. I mean really libertarians shouldn't care about people consuming weed or just about anything for that matter
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

At this point since it's legal for a large chunk of the country it makes no sense to keep it illegal anymore federally

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm unclear how the law works when you fly. If I fly from Phoenix to Denver or Los Angeles with legally purchased edibles, and get caught on departure or arrival, am I held accountable at a federal level?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:42 pm I'm unclear how the law works when you fly. If I fly from Phoenix to Denver or Los Angeles with legally purchased edibles, and get caught on departure or arrival, am I held accountable at a federal level?
They'll probably go all Midnight Express on your ass.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:42 pm I'm unclear how the law works when you fly. If I fly from Phoenix to Denver or Los Angeles with legally purchased edibles, and get caught on departure or arrival, am I held accountable at a federal level?
If you are caught with weed at O’Hare or Midway they encourage you to discard it. But you don’t have to.

If you’re flying from a weed legal state to a weed legal state, there is no issue with flying with weed.

Theoretically buying weed in a weed legal state and then flying to a weed illegal state is against the law but all those dogs you see at airports are for bombs, not drugs. Hide it well and enjoy yourself.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

You would think that crossing state lines would make it a federal offense, even between 2 weed legal states.

In any event, since both states are weed legal, I would just leave what I have at home and get some once I get to my destination.

Saying that, when my sister was working for Microsoft in an extremely high pressure job, she would get edibles in Vegas and take them back with her to NC with no problems.

Just check them.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

That's really interesting. So Alex Caruso really was fucked over because Texas, and not because of federal laws.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:57 pm I’m at a point where 20mgs are needed to feel anything. So I should probably take a break and lose some weight if I want to get truly high level without depleting my stash.
this is a perfect opportunity to defy logic and go against the grain, Chi - my suggestion is to up the dosage.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:59 pm
Chicat wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:57 pm I’m at a point where 20mgs are needed to feel anything. So I should probably take a break and lose some weight if I want to get truly high level without depleting my stash.
this is a perfect opportunity to defy logic and go against the grain, Chi - my suggestion is to up the dosage.
Following your advice hasn’t steered me wrong yet so what the heck. Let’s go for it!
97cats

Post by 97cats »

thats the spirit, my man!!
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

I must concur great advice. I must say I like to start with 25-50 mgs and eat more if needed. Enjoy brotha.

Something new I've tried that I've been a big fan are diamond rolls. They are prerolls dipped in concentrate. Burn slower and I can make 1 last a couple days. Health for life in the valley sales them.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I found that 30mg is my max. 40mg and I am tripping. But been at 30 for a while so hopefully I can keep up with it.

I did buy some 25mg tablets, but seem to like the gummies better since I space them out.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Lando05 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:40 pm
I must concur great advice. I must say I like to start with 25-50 mgs and eat more if needed. Enjoy brotha.

Something new I've tried that I've been a big fan are diamond rolls. They are prerolls dipped in concentrate. Burn slower and I can make 1 last a couple days. Health for life in the valley sales them.
I’m thinking of switching to wax. Anyone prefer it over vaping? And how crazy of a rig do I need to smoke it?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

How does 20 mg+ do with your cardio? I've read that cannabis both raises your heart rate and lowers your blood pressure while you're high, and also lowers your blood pressure generally while you're taking it regularly.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:51 pm I’m thinking of switching to wax. Anyone prefer it over vaping? And how crazy of a rig do I need to smoke it?
Put me on the couch. Way too intense for me.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:22 am How does 20 mg+ do with your cardio? I've read that cannabis both raises your heart rate and lowers your blood pressure while you're high, and also lowers your blood pressure generally while you're taking it regularly.
It definitely lowers my blood pressure. I got told by my optometrist that I had the best eye blood pressure he’d ever seen.

I’ve never noticed my heart racing except a few times when I got so high that I was scared for no reason.
Merkin wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:54 am
Chicat wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:51 pm I’m thinking of switching to wax. Anyone prefer it over vaping? And how crazy of a rig do I need to smoke it?
Now I’m more curious than ever. :lol:
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Chicat wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:11 am
Longhorned wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:22 am How does 20 mg+ do with your cardio? I've read that cannabis both raises your heart rate and lowers your blood pressure while you're high, and also lowers your blood pressure generally while you're taking it regularly.
It definitely lowers my blood pressure. I got told by my optometrist that I had the best eye blood pressure he’d ever seen.

I’ve never noticed my heart racing except a few times when I got so high that I was scared for no reason.
Merkin wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:54 am
Now I’m more curious than ever. :lol:
I mainly use wax now. You can get a decent glass rig set up and torch for $100 but if your gonna do wax i highly recommend an electric dab rig. I personally use the Dr. Dabber switch. I prefer the electric dab rigs because they don't put any butane in your lungs. Also you have amazing temperature control and get the most use out your wax that makes it last much longer. Also dabbing doesn't ever make my throat hurt like smoking did. No smokers Pneumonia with dabbing.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Thanks Lando! I’m super curious to try it but I don’t know anyone with a rig so my fear is that I’ll shell out a couple hundred bucks only to realize after a few sessions that I’m not a fan.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

taking a high quality dab the proper way is like smoking an entire blunt at once - you will be a fan and it will fuck you up.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Dabs are 90% THC. Crystalline is 100%.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Do any of you use pot to think through things creatively and more deeply?