Chest Shaving Question

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Chest Shaving Question

Post by Longhorned »

(What? No chest shaving thread?)

I have to shave the entire left side of my chest so I can wear a heart monitor for 30 days. Does anyone have any chest shaving experience and advice?

Will I suffer with itchiness?

(I have to wear a heart monitor because the doctors can find nothing wrong with my heart, no evidence to back my claims that it skips a beat, and they're gathering information - probably to steer me toward treatment for anxiety)
scumdevils86

Re: Chest Shaving Question

Post by scumdevils86 »

My wife had to do the same thing with a heart monitor a few years back. They didn't find anything wrong. No chest shaving though, but they are a pain to keep on when you have chesticles.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Let's hope my man boobs can hold it!

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm certainly not the one to ask... the 1 time I shaved an area of my body that wasn't my face was when I had to shave right before my vasectomy.... which resulted in the worst part of my vasectomy because the nurse basically told me I did a horrible job and she had to finish the job. (It was not sexy)

Good luck
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I am completely bald on my chest so can't help you there. Not a single hair.

Which also means I have no hair on my back which is cool, and still have the hair on top of my head so do have that going for me.

So if I was you, I would do the 40 Year Old Virgin technique.

Which was real and filmed live.

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

If ever a thread would be labeled “TMI” it’s this one.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I am like Merkin. A chestly bald Adonis. Or a pre-pubescent. Either way, no chest hair.

So what’s it like under that pocket protector Professor. Could someone use your pelt to grace the floor in front of a roaring fireplace? Are you a Furry?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'd say I'm in that space between hairy and not hairy at all, rendering the existing hairs as "not enough", and standing out against the surrounding hairless skin in a strikingly unpleasant way. Either more hair or no hair would be an improvement on God's design for my overall indistinct body.
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

Longhorned wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:24 pm (What? No chest shaving thread?)

I have to shave the entire left side of my chest so I can wear a heart monitor for 30 days. Does anyone have any chest shaving experience and advice?

(I have to wear a heart monitor because the doctors can find nothing wrong with my heart, no evidence to back my claims that it skips a beat, and they're gathering information - probably to steer me toward treatment for anxiety)
I had to wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks a couple months ago. It was itchy. I think it was a combination of shaving and the adhesive of the heart monitor. I also felt my heart was irregular and was experiencing weird chest pains and light headedness. The results came back normal along with a normal CT angiogram. My symptoms lasted a few weeks and went away. I don't think it was anxiety or stress related as I am under way more stress right now and not experiencing any of those symptoms.
Good luck man.
I also got a $500 bill for the heart monitor in the mail yesterday,
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

OriginalAZ wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:28 pm

I had to wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks a couple months ago. It was itchy. I think it was a combination of shaving and the adhesive of the heart monitor. I also felt my heart was irregular and was experiencing weird chest pains and light headedness. The results came back normal along with a normal CT angiogram. My symptoms lasted a few weeks and went away. I don't think it was anxiety or stress related as I am under way more stress right now and not experiencing any of those symptoms.
Good luck man.
So it stays on permanently? Even in the shower?

I'm glad to hear you're fine. I haven't felt symptoms since mid-May. But my heart rate is out of control at the doctor's office because I have an anxiety attack every time I'm there. And I have a claustrophobic reaction when the blood pressure thing inflates around my arm. I fell apart anxiety-wise in June 2020 when my parrot died suddenly during the covid crisis and I never got better.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The anti Merkin.

George Costanza

Post by George Costanza »

It's going to grow in thicker - just ask Kramer.

Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:21 pm The anti Merkin.

This photo hits a lot of notes.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

For some reason this thread reminds me of BJBJ's love of Alpaca hairy women at TOS.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:16 pm I'm certainly not the one to ask... the 1 time I shaved an area of my body that wasn't my face was when I had to shave right before my vasectomy.... which resulted in the worst part of my vasectomy because the nurse basically told me I did a horrible job and she had to finish the job. (It was not sexy)

Good luck
You're not a real man until you've had your crotch shaved by a male nurse.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

Longhorned wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:43 pm
OriginalAZ wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:28 pm

Good luck man.
So it stays on permanently? Even in the shower?

I'm glad to hear you're fine. I haven't felt symptoms since mid-May. But my heart rate is out of control at the doctor's office because I have an anxiety attack every time I'm there. And I have a claustrophobic reaction when the blood pressure thing inflates around my arm. I fell apart anxiety-wise in June 2020 when my parrot died suddenly during the covid crisis and I never got better.
Yeah the one I had was called Zio. They actually shaved my chest for me at the ER and put it on. It stayed on permanently for 2 weeks because it is stuck on by adhesive. It was somewhat waterproof but I covered it with a plastic bag in the shower. It was super annoying and I felt I couldn't take a proper shower. Plus my pool finally got done during that time and I couldn't go in it.
I hope it is not anything serious with you either. I know anxiety can do strange things.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

How did they do shaving your chest for you?

I have a port for chemo in my chest that they tape stuff to when they access it, it's on there for a couple days. I just use the clippers instead of the razor, and I do it, not all nurses are good at shaving your chest, or even do it.

The little hair that is left let's go of adhesive and doesn't get yanked out, in my experience
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The unscratchable itch. The cold, wet gel that seeps out of the adhesive. I want to run into a burning building.
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

Longhorned wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:55 pm The unscratchable itch. The cold, wet gel that seeps out of the adhesive. I want to run into a burning building.
I didn't have any cold wet gel seeping but the unscratchable itch was bad. Hang in there man. At least I got some peace of mind knowing that nothing is wrong with my heart.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:55 pm The unscratchable itch. The cold, wet gel that seeps out of the adhesive. I want to run into a burning building.
I tried shaving my chest once as a insecure college student who thought that was cool.

Then, I realized that the feeling you described would recur every 2-3 days if I didn't keep it up, and simultaneously, my chest now had the hugability factor of a barrel cactus on a basically constant.

So, 21 years ago, I made my peace with lifelong chest hair.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m an asshole for believing this but I feel like those of us with less body hair are more evolved.

Any of you Neanderthal cretins want to disagree?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm I’m an asshole for believing this but I feel like those of us with less body hair are more evolved.

Any of you Neanderthal cretins want to disagree?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The world is getting warmer my man. Shave your pelt.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:59 pm The world is getting warmer my man. Shave your pelt.
Climate change is more than just warming. It's like you've never watched The Day After Tomorrow.

Snow and frigid weather

There is more moisture in a warmer atmosphere, which can lead to record snowfall.

It may seem counterintuitive, but the increase in snowfall during winter storms may be linked to climate change.

Remember — there is more moisture in the warmer atmosphere. So when the temperatures are below freezing, snowfall can break records.

And scientists are studying a possible connection between a warming Arctic and cold spells in the eastern United States. The idea is that a rapidly warming Arctic can weaken the jet stream, allowing frigid polar air to travel farther south.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is being cold an issue where you are Spiff?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

No physical health issues. They said the gig is up and taking me down the hall to see a shrink.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:35 am Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
That's probably a function of the drugs.

Good luck LH. Have you considered getting another parrot as an emotional support companion?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Treatment is always a good thing, right?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am Treatment is always a good thing, right?
Well, I’d rather get prescribed some fun drugs than get shock therapy, but I see where you’re coming from.