Well Run Businesses.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Carcassdragger

Well Run Businesses.

Post by Carcassdragger »

Discount Tire/America's Tire.

Treat their employees well. Treat their customers well.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Longhorned

Re: Well Run Businesses.

Post by Longhorned »

The problem is having to hold your breath and realize what we're supporting when we get our tires there. It's relatively peanuts and hard to avoid, but Discount Tire is kind of Trumpy. I'd have to do some work to figure out how to avoid that.

I need new tires. As a result, I support a white supremacist cult. It's hard not to be a citizen-perpetrator.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/discou ... D000042638

I just happened to have gotten four new tires at the Honda dealer, which is better, I guess?

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/honda- ... D000042345
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Discount Tire is one of the reasons that it took longer for rec weed to be legal in AZ. They donated 1 million dollars to get prop 205 to fail.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I wonder how hard it would be to be a real anti-imperialist. You probably couldn't have tires at all, nor support them through car rental or riding a bus.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Funny story about Discount tire. One time they told me I needed new tires because there was a defect. It was my mom's car so I wasn't sure if they were insured or not. Once they found out that they were insured, they told me the tire was fine. Moral of the story, they aren't always honest about when you need new tires. They scammed my son once saying he needed new tires when he didn't. I still use them because they are the best but they scam people just like most companies in the car business
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I know of a poor woman here who got a free tire from them when they saw she was short on cash. I kind of know some guys who work there and feel they are treated very well.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

When someone asks, "name a business you would recommend", Discount Tire comes to mind first. They have always treated me right, and have even fixed flats on tires I did not buy from them. They only say, "the next time you need a new tire, keep us in mind". Customer for life.
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I found a new mechanic when I moved last year and it's by far the best experience I've had with car repairs. Friendly Automotive on Ina and Thornydale.

They have all their info and repair quotes and services listed in an online profile I can access any time. Whenever they do an inspection they grade everything on a scale of green, yellow, or red based on priority and cost/functionality to the vehicle. They have been super honest about what is important to fix and what can wait or really isn't important at all (my wife and I both drive old, mediocre cars cuz we hate car payments).

They're also incredibly friendly and polite even when they're slammed busy and are accommodating for time/schedules.

I highly recommend them to anyone on the western side of Tucson.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I once had a mechanic like that. Once.