The Random Thoughts Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RichardCranium

Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Post by RichardCranium »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:38 am Does anyone actually like the taste of original Red Bull? Speaking for a friend, it tastes like Soviet-era worm medicine.
Did you find that out during some clandestine mission in the GDU when you were stationed in Germany back in the day?

I mean I wouldn't really know the difference between Soviet-era worm medicine and good ol' fashioned Revolutionary War worm medicine myself.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

RichardCranium wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:54 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:38 am Does anyone actually like the taste of original Red Bull? Speaking for a friend, it tastes like Soviet-era worm medicine.
Did you find that out during some clandestine mission in the GDU when you were stationed in Germany back in the day?

I mean I wouldn't really know the difference between Soviet-era worm medicine and good ol' fashioned Revolutionary War worm medicine myself.
No, I used Obama's time machine. It's surprisingly handy for such important aesthetic tasks.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If you breathe in your own fart, are you technically recycling?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The Cameron Crazies got nuthin' on the coyotes in the wash behind my house. Coyotepocalypse!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I wonder how I will be when it's my turn upon the wheel.

A sweet dear woman here in retirement city Arizona, a person nothing like the MAGAsaurs that roam the waterhole, has spent the last year and a half helping her husband through the rehab subsequent to major heart surgery. For those of us not named Cal State Tempe, be aware how the heart-lung machine makes dramatic changes in the cellular integrity of the human body. The challenges of rehab far outweigh the challenges under the knife. Spirit either rises to the challenge of rehab ..... or not. Ann's husband had the requisite spirit and he met the battle. But as he progressed, arrogance ..... probably arrogance, or impatience or vanity or the weariness of old age .... perhaps just an innocent desire to be less of a burden on his wife, led him to neglect his walker as he began to regain strength. He falls and hits his head.

No, I'm fine, I'll just sleep here until I can get up and then we'll call the Doctor.

She called 911 anyway. He was alert and talking all the way as they took him in for testing. He died within an hour.

Both my parents have manifest this: these conditions, these habits, these tendencies. I tell myself I have learned from others. And everyday that passes in this place full of old people, I relish, along with the shittiness of the inevitable, my chance to learn and make a difference for my own life and for that of my wife. I tell myself I'll know better.

~ Wilhoit's Law