Archaeology Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Archaeology Thread

Post by scumdevils86 »

www.maryrose.org

Really interesting stuff. Well preserved ship from the early/mid 16th century that sank with at least 400-500 men on board during a battle with the French. All kinds of artifacts were well preserved and the ship itself was raised and put into a museum recently.

The Mary Rose was a carrack-type warship of the English Tudor navy of King Henry VIII. After serving for 33 years in several wars against France, Scotland, and Brittany and after being substantially rebuilt in 1536, she saw her last action on 19 July 1545. While leading the attack on the galleys of a French invasion fleet, she sank in the Solent, the straits north of the Isle of Wight. The wreck of the Mary Rose was rediscovered in 1971 and salvaged in 1982 by the Mary Rose Trust in one of the most complex and expensive projects in the history of maritime archaeology. The surviving section of the ship and thousands of recovered artefacts are of immeasurable value as a Tudor-era time capsule.
scumdevils86

Re: Archaeology Thread

Post by scumdevils86 »

TORONTO (AP) — One of two British explorer ships that disappeared in the Arctic nearly 170 years ago has been found, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced Tuesday.

The HMS Erebus and HMS Terror were last seen in the 1840s. Canada announced in 2008 that it would search for the ships led by British Arctic explorer Sir John Franklin.

Harper, speaking in Ottawa, said it remains unclear which ship has been found, but images show there's enough information to confirm it's one of the pair.

Franklin and 128 hand-picked officers and men vanished on an expedition in 1846 to find the fabled Northwest Passage. Franklin's disappearance prompted one of history's largest and longest rescue searches, from 1848 to 1859, which resulted in the passage's long-sought discovery.

The passage runs from the Atlantic to the Pacific through the Arctic archipelago. European explorers sought the passage as a shorter route to Asia, but found it rendered inhospitable by ice and weather.

"This is truly a historic moment for Canada," said Harper, who was beaming, uncharacteristically. "This has been a great Canadian story and mystery and the subject of scientists, historians, writers and singers so I think we really have an important day in mapping the history of our country."

Harper's government made the search for Franklin's ships a priority as it looked to assert Canada's sovereignty over the Northwest Passage, where melting Arctic ice has unlocked the very shipping route Franklin was after.

Dozens of searches for the ships helped open up parts of the Canadian Arctic for discovery back in the 1800s.

Harper said the ship was found Sunday using a remotely operated underwater vehicle. They found the wreck 11 meters (yards) below the water's surface.

The ship appears to be well-preserved. Ryan Harris, a senior underwater archaeologist and one of the people leading the Parks Canada search, said a sonar image shows some of the deck structures are still intact, including the main mast, which was sheared off by the ice when the ship sank. He said the contents of the ship are most likely in the same good condition.

The discovery comes shortly after a team of archeologists found a tiny fragment from the Franklin expedition. Searchers discovered an iron fitting that once helped support a boat from one of the doomed expedition's ships in the King William Island search area.

Franklin's vessels are among the most sought-after prizes in marine archaeology. Harper said the discovery would shed light on what happened to Franklin's crew.

Tantalizing traces have been found over the years, including the bodies of three crewmen discovered in the 1980s.

The bodies of two English seamen — John Hartnell, 25, and Royal Marine William Braine, 33 — were exhumed in 1986. An expedition uncovered the perfectly preserved remains of a petty officer, John Torrington, 20, in an ice-filled coffin in 1984.

Experts believe the ships were lost in 1848 after they became locked in the ice near King William Island and that the crews abandoned them in a hopeless bid to reach safety.

The search for an Arctic passage to Asia frustrated explorers for centuries, beginning with John Cabot's voyage in 1497. Eventually it became clear that a passage did exist, but was too far north for practical use. Cabot, the Italian-British explorer, died in 1498 while trying to find it and the shortcut eluded other famous explorers including Henry Hudson and Francis Drake.

No sea crossing was successful until Roald Amundsen of Norway completed his trip from 1903-1906.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

You wonder how much of that evidence only appeared because of how much of the ice caps have melted around Prince William Island relative to 161 years ago.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I think quite a bit of it
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

BERLIN, GERMANY—Science News reports that the remains of two men wearing trousers have been recovered from the Yanghai graveyard in China’s Tarim Basin by Ulrike Beck and Mayke Wagner of the German Archaeological Institute. They say that the trousers are the oldest known examples of their kind. Dated to between 3,300 and 3,000 years ago, the pants have straight-fitting legs and a wide crotch. They were sewn together from three pieces of wool cloth that had been woven on a loom to the correct size, and fashioned with side slits, strings at the waist for fastening, and designs on the legs. One of the men had been buried with a decorated leather bridle and a wooden bit, a battle ax, and a leather bracer for arm protection. The other man was accompanied by a whip, a decorated horse tail, a bow sheath, and a bow. “This new paper [in Quaternary International] definitely supports the idea that trousers were invented for horse riding by mobile pastoralists, and that trousers were brought to the Tarim Basin by horse-riding peoples,” commented Victor Mair of the University of Pennsylvania.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:They found the wreck 11 meters (yards) below the water's surface.
And no pix?

Trying to find some, and didn't, but this was interesting and very related:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10899878

They found the Investigator, which was sent to find the other 2 ships. Also where they found the graves.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

http://www.livescience.com/43900-ancien ... hered.html
A newly deciphered letter homedating back around 1,800 years reveals the pleas of a young Egyptian soldier named Aurelius Polion who was serving, probably as a volunteer, in a Roman legion in Europe.

In the letter, written mainly in Greek, Polion tells his family that he is desperate to hear from them and that he is going to request leave to make the long journey home to see them.

Addressed to his mother (a bread seller), sister and brother, part of it reads: "I pray that you are in good health night and day, and I always make obeisance before all the gods on your behalf. I do not cease writing to you, but you do not have me in mind," it reads.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah, that last letter turns mother's guilt on its head. I think I'll use it.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Poor guy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Maybe they were lost in the mail. A brother gets busy too ya know, north 40 won't plow itself, have to take care of mom all by myself, while you are off traveling in Europe enjoying the life.

"I sent six letters to you. The moment you have(?) me in mind, I shall obtain leave from the consular (commander), and I shall come to you so that you may know that I am your brother. For I demanded(?) nothing from you for the army, but I fault you because although I write to you, none of you(?) ... has consideration. Look, your(?) neighbour ... I am your brother."

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
TORONTO (AP) — One of two British explorer ships that disappeared in the Arctic nearly 170 years ago has been found, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced Tuesday.

The HMS Erebus and HMS Terror were last seen in the 1840s. Canada announced in 2008 that it would search for the ships led by British Arctic explorer Sir John Franklin.

Harper, speaking in Ottawa, said it remains unclear which ship has been found, but images show there's enough information to confirm it's one of the pair.

Franklin and 128 hand-picked officers and men vanished on an expedition in 1846 to find the fabled Northwest Passage. Franklin's disappearance prompted one of history's largest and longest rescue searches, from 1848 to 1859, which resulted in the passage's long-sought discovery.

The passage runs from the Atlantic to the Pacific through the Arctic archipelago. European explorers sought the passage as a shorter route to Asia, but found it rendered inhospitable by ice and weather.

"This is truly a historic moment for Canada," said Harper, who was beaming, uncharacteristically. "This has been a great Canadian story and mystery and the subject of scientists, historians, writers and singers so I think we really have an important day in mapping the history of our country."

Harper's government made the search for Franklin's ships a priority as it looked to assert Canada's sovereignty over the Northwest Passage, where melting Arctic ice has unlocked the very shipping route Franklin was after.

Dozens of searches for the ships helped open up parts of the Canadian Arctic for discovery back in the 1800s.

Harper said the ship was found Sunday using a remotely operated underwater vehicle. They found the wreck 11 meters (yards) below the water's surface.

The ship appears to be well-preserved. Ryan Harris, a senior underwater archaeologist and one of the people leading the Parks Canada search, said a sonar image shows some of the deck structures are still intact, including the main mast, which was sheared off by the ice when the ship sank. He said the contents of the ship are most likely in the same good condition.

The discovery comes shortly after a team of archeologists found a tiny fragment from the Franklin expedition. Searchers discovered an iron fitting that once helped support a boat from one of the doomed expedition's ships in the King William Island search area.

Franklin's vessels are among the most sought-after prizes in marine archaeology. Harper said the discovery would shed light on what happened to Franklin's crew.

Tantalizing traces have been found over the years, including the bodies of three crewmen discovered in the 1980s.

The bodies of two English seamen — John Hartnell, 25, and Royal Marine William Braine, 33 — were exhumed in 1986. An expedition uncovered the perfectly preserved remains of a petty officer, John Torrington, 20, in an ice-filled coffin in 1984.

Experts believe the ships were lost in 1848 after they became locked in the ice near King William Island and that the crews abandoned them in a hopeless bid to reach safety.

The search for an Arctic passage to Asia frustrated explorers for centuries, beginning with John Cabot's voyage in 1497. Eventually it became clear that a passage did exist, but was too far north for practical use. Cabot, the Italian-British explorer, died in 1498 while trying to find it and the shortcut eluded other famous explorers including Henry Hudson and Francis Drake.

No sea crossing was successful until Roald Amundsen of Norway completed his trip from 1903-1906.
sonar picture of the ship they found...still not sure which one

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Washington's 7000 year old Kennewick Man apparently migrated down from Alaska, even before it was a state.

Interesting forensic analysis of the bones:

From there we started looking at his injuries. He clearly had a pretty difficult life. He has a couple of depression fractures in the head and six different broken ribs, five of which had not healed correctly. That's a reflection of his lifestyle. He was probably on the move, and when that incident happened, he didn't have sufficient time to recover.

He also had a fracture in his shoulder joint, the type of fracture you'll sometimes see in high-end baseball pitchers, where you're throwing so hard and so fast and you fracture the posterior rim of the scapula. We can surmise from this that he was a javelin thrower, a spear thrower.

From this time period, we also know he would've often been using an atlatl. It's like an extension of the arm that allows you to throw harder, faster, farther. Most dramatically, he has a spear point embedded in his pelvis.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... f6222203=1
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt

TORONTO — She's literally one in a million.

The remains of a child, laid to rest more than 1,500 years ago when the Roman Empire controlled Egypt, was found in an ancient cemetery that contains more than 1 million mummies, according to a team of archaeologists from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.

http://www.livescience.com/49147-egypti ... mmies.html
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Caught some of this special on "Sue" the T-Rex over the weekend:

http://wgntv.com/2014/12/11/tyrannosaur ... cumentary/
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I know science isn't a forte of conservatives but in no way does a dinosaur have anything to do with archaeology....unless you do believe this picture.

Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Jefe wrote:Caught some of this special on "Sue" the T-Rex over the weekend:

http://wgntv.com/2014/12/11/tyrannosaur ... cumentary/
Haha, archaeology is the study of humans in the past. A study of dinosaurs would fall under the purview of paleontology.
Last edited by Bruins01 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Didnt think it deserved its own thread, "Sue" me
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Okay I admit I totally don't get it. Why don't dinosaurs have anything to do with archaeology?

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't realize that was about a dinosaur documentary.
Last edited by Longhorned on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well humans and dinosaurs coexisted 6000 years ago...
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Longhorned wrote:Okay I admit I totally don't get it. Why don't dinosaurs have anything to do with archaeology?
?

Archaeology is the study of humanity's past. Paleontology is the study of ancient life many millions of years ago.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Longhorned wrote:Okay I admit I totally don't get it. Why don't dinosaurs have anything to do with archaeology?
Archaeology is the study of humans (usually ancient, but not always) through the study of remains, artifacts, and features. No humans but studying ancient life=paleontology.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

lol guys...Longhorned is a professor of antiquities and ancient history or what not at Illinois..or he was at some point.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I didn't realize we were talking about a dinosaur documentary, which most definitely is not archaeology. Not the topic in question, but in the world of excavation, archaeology overlaps with dinosaurs and other surprising things.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

scumdevils86 wrote:lol guys...Longhorned is a professor of antiquities and ancient history or what not at Illinois..or he was at some point.
Yes, I'm an archaeologist still at this point.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Longhorned wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:lol guys...Longhorned is a professor of antiquities and ancient history or what not at Illinois..or he was at some point.
What area(s) do you mostly work in?

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Ancient Greek, Roman, and Near Eastern art and architecture. I don't overlap with paleontologists on site, but I do share a home base with them in Ankara, and they overlap with my other archaeology and zooarchaeology colleagues from U of A at their respective sites. The history of excavations and collections humans and dinosaurs, but not in the U.S. unless it's at the crazy Creationism Museum or whatever it's called. But in Mexico, you've got the INAH, where it's all under the same umbrella, and where there's some degree of collaboration even today on dinosaur excavations, as far as I know. In my own area, there's some interest now in the ancient collection, study, and general awareness of "monsters." I work on the shared origins of architecture and religion.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I work with INAH quite frequently in Sonora and Chihuahua.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

<--------------- NERDS!!!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Longhorned wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Ancient Greek, Roman, and Near Eastern art and architecture. I don't overlap with paleontologists on site, but I do share a home base with them in Ankara, and they overlap with my other archaeology and zooarchaeology colleagues from U of A at their respective sites. The history of excavations and collections humans and dinosaurs, but not in the U.S. unless it's at the crazy Creationism Museum or whatever it's called. But in Mexico, you've got the INAH, where it's all under the same umbrella, and where there's some degree of collaboration even today on dinosaur excavations, as far as I know. In my own area, there's some interest now in the ancient collection, study, and general awareness of "monsters." I work on the shared origins of architecture and religion.
awesome. Ancient Rome is one of my biggest nerd-dom areas.

KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

I'm bit of an Archeanologist myself. The rest of you guys are just into Modern History as far as I am concerned.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

I imagine you have been to at least several of these professor?

15 Of The World's Most Historic Sites Might Not Be Around After 2015

http://allday.com/post/1777-15-of-the-w ... after-2015
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Not a single one of those, Merk. To me the saddest loss would be Samarra. I've still never crossed into Iraq. Maybe someday. When I first came to Turkey in 2000, all of the archaeologists who had previously worked in Iraq had moved to Turkey with the first Gulf War.
Merkin

Some things never change

Post by Merkin »

Ist century Rome:

Sparta! 5th century BC.

Pompeii 62-79 AD

Greece 480 BC

Peru 1st-5th century BC

Greece 5th century BC

Pompeii with slave lover:

More

http://allday.com/post/1838-ancient-ero ... lain-sight
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

When you buy your ticket for the archaeological museum in Naples, tell them you'd like to schedule a visit to the "gabinetto segreto".
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

55,000-year-old human skull found in Israel sheds light on migration and sex with Neanderthals
An ancient skull found in a cave in northern Israel has cast light on the migration of modern humans out of Africa and the dawn of humanity’s colonisation of the world.

For most palaeontologists that might be enough for a single fossil, but the braincase has offered much more: a likely location where the first prehistoric trysts resulted in modern humans having sex with their heavy-browed Neanderthal cousins .

Discovered in a cave in western Galilee, the partial skull belonged to an individual, probably a woman, who lived and died in the region about 55,000 years ago, placing modern humans there and then for the first time ever...
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/5500 ... nderthals/
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Real life?

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

You ever stumbled into a Neanderthal?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So this guy wants to open a restaurant but sewage keeps backing up into his toilet. To solve the issue he starts to dig...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/world ... times&_r=1
His search for a sewage pipe, which began in 2000, became one family’s tale of obsession and discovery. He found a subterranean world tracing back before the birth of Jesus: a Messapian tomb, a Roman granary, a Franciscan chapel and even etchings from the Knights Templar. His trattoria instead became a museum, where relics still turn up today.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/2989 ... h-concrete

Spanish workers think historic tomb is picnic area, fill it with concrete

Posted: Aug 27, 2015 9:33 AM
Updated: Aug 27, 2015 10:19 AM
By Cecelia Hanley

(RNN) – Workers in Spain repaired granite slabs in what they thought was a broken picnic area. It turned out to be a 6,000-year-old tomb.

The Neolithic tomb is on a national register of historic sites and was created by the first settlers of Cea, a town in the Galicia region in northern Spain.

"The rolled concrete and modern picnic bench have caused irreparable damage, replacing what was a prehistoric cemetery of the first inhabitants of Cea..." the group Grupo Ecolozista Outeiro wrote in a report to Galicia’s public prosecutor, according to The Local.

The mayor of the town claimed he had no knowledge of the heritage site. But the Department of Culture, Education and Universities told a local paper in 2008 that the tomb had been authorized for archaeological research, and the town government had been informed.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-34156673
The 4,500-year-old stones, some measuring 15ft (4.5m) in length, were discovered under 3ft of earth at Durrington Walls "superhenge".
The monument was on "an extraordinary scale" and unique, researchers said.
The Stonehenge Hidden Landscapes team has been creating an underground map of the area in a five-year project.
Remote sensing and geophysical imaging technology has been used to reveal evidence of nearly 100 stones without the need for excavation.
The monument is just under two miles (3km) from Stonehenge, Wiltshire, and is thought to have been a Neolithic ritual site.
Experts think it may have surrounded traces of springs and a dry valley leading into the River Avon.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

New human ancestor has been found in South Africa: homo naledi. The most fascinating thing is that they have found what can only be described as a burial chamber:
The fossils were found at the end of a series of chambers and tight squeezes deep underground, some 90 meters (100 yards) from the cave entrance. To get there, scientists would have to squeeze through a 7-inch wide cave opening.
Until now, scientists have thought that only humans buried their dead, so this should shake up some of our perceptions on what it means to be 'human'.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/10/afric ... index.html
Deep in the cave, Tucker and Hunter worked their way through a constriction called Superman’s Crawl—because most people can fit through only by holding one arm tightly against the body and extending the other above the head, like the Man of Steel in flight. Crossing a large chamber, they climbed a jagged wall of rock called the Dragon’s Back. At the top they found themselves in a pretty little cavity decorated with stalactites. Hunter got out his video camera, and to remove himself from the frame, Tucker eased himself into a fissure in the cave floor. His foot found a finger of rock, then another below it, then—empty space. Dropping down, he found himself in a narrow, vertical chute, in some places less than eight inches wide. He called to Hunter to follow him. Both men have hyper-slender frames, all bone and wiry muscle. Had their torsos been just a little bigger, they would not have fit in the chute, and what is arguably the most astonishing human fossil discovery in half a century—and undoubtedly the most perplexing—would not have occurred.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015 ... on-change/
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Just visited this place:

Pretty hugely impressive, it's the Valle dei Templi outside Agrigento in Sicily.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valle_d ... rdia01.JPG

Going to visit Heraklia Minoa tomorrow if my daughter gets healthy.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

super cool

Large circular wooden houses built on stilts collapsed in a dramatic fire 3,000 years ago and plunged into a river, preserving their contents in astonishing detail. Archaeologists say the excavations have revealed the best-preserved Bronze Age dwellings ever found in Britain.

Archaeologists have revealed exceptionally well-preserved Bronze Age dwellings during an excavation at Must Farm quarry in the East Anglian fens that is providing an extraordinary insight into domestic life 3,000 years ago. The settlement, dating to the end of the Bronze Age (1200-800 BC), would have been home to several families who lived in a number of wooden houses on stilts above water.

The settlement was destroyed by fire that caused the dwellings to collapse into the river, preserving the contents in situ. The result is an extraordinary time capsule containing exceptional textiles made from plant fibres such as lime tree bark, rare small cups, bowls and jars complete with past meals still inside. Also found are exotic glass beads forming part of an elaborate necklace, hinting at a sophistication not usually associated with the British Bronze Age.

The exposed structures are believed to be the best-preserved Bronze Age dwellings ever found in Britain and the finds, taken together, provide a fuller picture of prehistoric life than we have ever had before.

- See more at: http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/bron ... UN5cC.dpuf" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Did the ROMANS discover America? Radical theory claims sword found on Oak Island suggests ancient mariners set foot on the New World before Columbus

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z3xpXRoI2R" target="_blank
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Pulitzer's report also details a number of Mi'kmaq carved images by indigenous people drawn on cave walls in Nova Scotia. Some of these images show what Pulitzer believes to be Roman legionnaires marching (pictured)
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Merkin wrote:Did the ROMANS discover America? Radical theory claims sword found on Oak Island suggests ancient mariners set foot on the New World before Columbus

The Vikings were here LONG before Columbus, but it would be neat if the Romans had been here too. There are a lot of fairly well supported theories that other ancient civilizations (Phoenecians, Carthaginians, etc.) had set foot in the Americas as well. Columbus was just the first to successfully start a massive genocide.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

There's a lot of stuff wrong with that but if I'm smart at all, I write a sensationalistic book based on that theory, along with all kinds of absurd additions like the possibility that native Americans brought back by Romans became fierce warriors who helped Attila the Hun take down Rome. By the time PBS brings in credible scholars to set the record straight, I've already sold 2.5 million copies and own a house in the Catalina foothills.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When in doubt . . . Aliens.