Parenting Advice...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Parenting Advice...

Post by Olsondogg »

So, need some help here...I have a 2 year old son, that likes to pick out his clothes for school nowadays.

Anyhoo...he was getting dressed with mommy and came out of his room wearing an ASU shirt (wait...it was given as a joke to us)...and it was too small and my wife said "He wants to wear it, and I can't get it off of him. I tried...I even tried the Bear Down shirt"...

So.

She leaves for work...I stay behind, and I take the shirt off of him, and hide it. He cries. I ask him to pick another shirt. He cries. I put a "Mr. Potatohead" shirt on him and tell him he looks cool. He stops crying.

I tell him "Daddy hates that other shirt, it's yucky". He says "Yucky!".

I feel like parent of the year.

Did I do anything wrong? Aside from making him watch me burn that shirt?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Re: Parenting Advice...

Post by azgreg »

Nope, your good.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

2 year old in school?! What is this, China?

Shirt burning party?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Jefe wrote:2 year old in school?! What is this, China?

Shirt burning party?
We call daycare school...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

There was no way my son would wear a ASSU shirt at 2. He's a hardcore U of A fan - we was on the jumbotron at the ASSU game (with his good looking dad, of course) when he was just over 1 year old. He has always thought that was cool.

OD, you should do your kid a favor and donate it or throw it away or burn it.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Why isn't your kid working making Nike shoes?
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Daryl Zero wrote:Why isn't your kid working making Nike shoes?

I didn't say he was an ASU grad...
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

The only mistake you made was allowing the shirt to be in your home.

At that age he'll adopt your likes/dislikes and learn good/evil, so props for establishing that.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

In re UofA wrote:The only mistake you made was allowing the shirt to be in your home.
That makes me question your parenting and overall judgement in general.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Did I do anything wrong? Aside from making him watch me burn that shirt?
Needed more cursing.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

wyo-cat wrote:There was no way my son would wear a ASSU shirt at 2. He's a hardcore U of A fan - we was on the jumbotron at the ASSU game (with his good looking dad, of course) when he was just over 1 year old. He has always thought that was cool.

OD, you should do your kid a favor and donate it or throw it away or burn it.

I'll be getting rid of the shirt, no doubt. Didn't know it was in the drawer...neither did he, which is probably why he chose it...cause he'd never seen it.

He normally loves his UA stuff, which is like every other item in his drawer...

At the old site, I even posted a video of him chanting "U of A" during the tourney time.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Did I do anything wrong? Aside from making him watch me burn that shirt?
Needed more cursing.

Yeah, I'm trying to stop him imitating daddy and his foul mouth.

When my wife yelled to me "He chose the ASU shirt" when I was getting out of the shower, I did let out a "Son of a bitch"...which she could have taken major offense to, considering the relevance of the statement at that moment.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote: Yeah, I'm trying to stop him imitating daddy and his foul mouth.

When my wife yelled to me "He chose the ASU shirt" when I was getting out of the shower, I did let out a "Son of a bitch"...which she could have taken major offense to, considering the relevance of the statement at that moment.
:lol: awesome.

I'm having a baby girl. Fired up about it, its going to be great. Wife says she can have all the UofA stuff she wants. Any advice for raising a future wildcat-daughter style?

Its already understood that I will be holding her during every game-watching event this FB and BB season.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

No idea on a girl...well yet. We are having our second in January/Feb...we aren't finding out the gender first, going old-school like the first.

I know that "Buy Buy Baby" here in the PHX area sells tiny UA cheerleader outfits...that's a good start right there.
SGIT

Post by SGIT »

Everything seems proper, except for not smacking your wife around for allowing your son to wear the shirt in the first place.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Olsondogg wrote: Yeah, I'm trying to stop him imitating daddy and his foul mouth.

:lol: awesome.

I'm having a baby girl. Fired up about it, its going to be great. Wife says she can have all the UofA stuff she wants. Any advice for raising a future wildcat-daughter style?

Its already understood that I will be holding her during every game-watching event this FB and BB season.
I have 2 girls and 1 boy, they are all the same for raising them Wildcat-Style. Lots of clothes, blankets and stuffed animals helps.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

OD, you are already a better parent than Hater and Scum's - you don't take pictures of them wearing the ASSU gear for future blackmail.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I have a good friend who went to ASU. He actually bought my son an ASU shirt for his birthday (turned 5 at the time I think). When my son opened it, a look of disgust filled his face and he threw it back at my buddy as he yelled "I will never wear that!!"

Proud Daddy.