Accidental logouts

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ByJoveByJingle

Accidental logouts

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

So I have accidentally logged myself out conservatively about 50 times in the last month. Cause: Well the first rule in these situations is that I’m an idiot. But beyond that, there is a hidden logout button directly above the Board Index button. At least in Safari on my iPad. So whenever I’m in a forum and want to get to the index to go to a different forum, I’m in ham-fisted mortal danger of logging myself out. Am I the only idiot here? Could we make the logout button not hidden, or better yet . . . move it? I’ll gladly send a small donation so I don’t seem ungrateful. If it’s impossible to do that I’ll just try to reform my idiot ways.

*edit: sorry—just saw some people had the same issue talking about it in the “Logout” thread. I see the work around for idiots is to use the board index link at the bottom of the page. Will do.
Catintheheat

Re: Accidental logouts

Post by Catintheheat »

Hmmm! I use Safari with iPad (newest generation, but not pro) and never had this problem. However, using Safari on my iPhone 6SE logs me out every time on some kind of timer. I have to log in every time on the iPhone if I haven't used it for awhile, and have had to for years (don't use my iPhone that much for social media).
Last edited by Catintheheat on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

The only time I get auto logged out on my iPhone X is when I forget I’m using a “private” tab in safari.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Safari on my iPhone doesn’t have a log out button.

I do get logged out from time to time when I’m going back & forth between WiFi and cellular.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:Safari on my iPhone doesn’t have a log out button.

I do get logged out from time to time when I’m going back & forth between WiFi and cellular.
This. I switched for it.

Google Chrome App is also solid.

But the Mozilla and other browsers were awful.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I get logged out on Chrome on my Android phone too. Perhaps the forum isn't scaling correctly on small screens.