Tiger is coming to town

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Tiger is coming to town

Post by azgreg »

Tiger set for 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/01/09/ ... -open.html
Tiger Woods will open his 2014-15 season at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, he announced Friday morning on his web site.

It will mark his first time playing the event since 2001. The tournament begins Jan. 29.

"It will be great to return to Phoenix," he said on his site. "The crowds are amazing and always enthusiastic, and the 16th hole is pretty unique in golf. Torrey is a very important place to me. My pop took me there when I was younger, and I have a lot of special memories of watching the TOUR play there when I was growing up."
UAEebs86

Re: Tiger is coming to town

Post by UAEebs86 »

We had just walked in the secondary entrance to the Phoenix Open by the tee box for that hole when police arrested the guy with the gun in his fanny pack.
We saw the commotion but had no idea what was going on until we got home and saw on TV. Never thought it would be 14 years before we got a chance to see Tiger (in Phoenix) again. I did get to see him in Tucson at the Match Play final back in '08.

EDIT: Didn't realize he played two more times after that. Thought he quit Phoenix after that incident in 1999.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Tiger who? He's now a caricature of his younger self.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Might make the trip, never been to The WM Open. Been to Torrey the past 4 years and will probably go again
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tiger was in a one-vehicle rollover crash today and had to be extricated with the Jaws of Life by the fire department.

No word on injuries or cause.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Right by my house and the injuries sound significant