Stanford, 49ers, Etc.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCatInTheHat

Stanford, 49ers, Etc.

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Without passing judgment on either side, it's a wild situation. With the Santa Clara County health administrator's edict shutting down sports there, the Niners moved the rest of their "home" games to the Cardinals stadium in Glendale. And Stanford moved the rest of their home games to Husky Stadium in Seattle. It will be interesting to see what Stanford basketball does when the time comes. We're scheduled to play there on December 19th, so maybe we'll get another home game. Also an interesting situation here in Pima County. Public high schools here took the "suggestion" to hold their teams out of the state playoffs. (A large portion of public school funding comes from county property tax collection and distribution to them.) Meanwhile, UArizona plays in Pima County, albeit with a very successful testing protocol. That may be the reason they've been exempt, although I'd bet there have been discussions about repercussions (state funding, etc.) if the Wildcats have to move games to Phoenix, which would be the obvious move if necessary. I'll be very happy when we get to about March or April.
Alieberman

Re: Stanford, 49ers, Etc.

Post by Alieberman »

I just don’t understand why sports are this important
ASUHATER!

Re: Stanford, 49ers, Etc.

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:48 pm I just don’t understand why sports are this important
Me either. The "well screw you we're going to go get our players sick in a different state then!" is beyond me.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
TheCatInTheHat

Here Are The Newspaper Stories

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

The Santa Clara health administrator expressed some frustration with being "circumvented," and the 49ers apparently have similar feelings about his rationale and approach. Stanford didn't say much, but the Pac-12 (based in the same approximate area) supported them. Well, at least both teams are leaving Santa Clara County, so the risk leaves with them and is accepted by others elsewhere.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/01/ ... expulsion/
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/01/ ... two-weeks/
TheCatInTheHat

Stanford Women's Hoops

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Here's what Stanford's women's team is doing. They had a non-conference road game scheduled at UNLV. So they'll just stay there to play two Pac-12 "home" games with UW and WSU at UNLV.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... s-schedule