Suns luck

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Suns luck

Post by azgreg »

That couldn't have worked out any better.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

We finally got some luck!!!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

He looked thrilled
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Josh Jackson is a good, solid addition.

Jackson and Booker can be their wing starters for the next 10-12 years, easily.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Did Jackson have some kind of beef with the Celtics?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Jackson finally comes to AZ
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Josh Jackson is a good, solid addition.

Coworker of mine that is a huge Suns fan doesn't like the Jackson pick. Not going to be many teams who are better situated at the wings 2-3 years down the road, if any. Booker and Jackson's games are going to compliment each others very nicely
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

rgdeuce wrote:

Coworker of mine that is a huge Suns fan doesn't like the Jackson pick. Not going to be many teams who are better situated at the wings 2-3 years down the road, if any. Booker and Jackson's games are going to compliment each others very nicely
I'm curious as to the reason your coworker dislikes the pick. There's literally zero logic outside of character issues. He is the perfect fit for their most glaring need.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I think Jackson was the best thing that could've happened to the Suns.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:

As long as Jackson's head is on straight, there's no reason they can't be allstars or at least borderline allstars for the next decade. Jackson is an all around player who is a stopper. Booker is more the pure scorer, but his game is still growing so much.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Suns front office would be idiots to do this.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Good Lord no
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote: Suns front office would be idiots to do this.

Manufactured story. I've heard it on good authority Suns won't offer more than Bledsoe/Warren.

And I've heard they'd rather cut costs and acquire assets as the third team.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Yeah if Jackson was included in a package for Kyrie I'd call for McDonough's head, especially after the shenanigans he went through to ensure the Celts didn't take him.

Live by the timeline, die by the timeline. We're not winning anything of stature for another few years, build the team, acquire assets, dump costs.

My personal wet dream is the rumored Phx/Cle/NYK trade where we get Frank Ntilikina & Channing Frye's expiring contract for Bledsoe/Warren and maybe Chandler. Cleveland would get Bledsoe, Melo, Warren and the Knicks would get Kyrie, Shumpert, and whatever. I don't think Frank will be a perennial All Star or anything, but I think he'd be the perfect fit at PG next to Booker and way more so than Kyrie ever would be, especially on the defensive end.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

ChooChooCat wrote:Yeah if Jackson was included in a package for Kyrie I'd call for McDonough's head, especially after the shenanigans he went through to ensure the Celts didn't take him.

Live by the timeline, die by the timeline. We're not winning anything of stature for another few years, build the team, acquire assets, dump costs.

My personal wet dream is the rumored Phx/Cle/NYK trade where we get Frank Ntilikina & Channing Frye's expiring contract for Bledsoe/Warren and maybe Chandler. Cleveland would get Bledsoe, Melo, Warren and the Knicks would get Kyrie, Shumpert, and whatever. I don't think Frank will be a perennial All Star or anything, but I think he'd be the perfect fit at PG next to Booker and way more so than Kyrie ever would be, especially on the defensive end.
This is my ideal as well. Having two plus to maybe elite defenders flanking Booker is ideal. And Booker has a lot of facilitation skills, so their PG doesn't need to be a ball-dominant type. Even Bender and Jackson are quality enough to work them into secondary facilitator roles.

I like Warren, but he's an ideal 6th Man for a good team.

If Phoenix can swap out Chandler and bring back another expiring, that's the best scenario on the board. Clear 20 million and gain a lottery pick.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Whatever Gambo is pedaling right now about Irving, whether he's speculating or hearing things, it pisses me the hell off. I don't see any reason for the Suns to trade for Irving let alone giving up Jackson to get him. Nothing about it makes sense and it flies right in the face of the presser last week about "patience." Facilitator in a 3 team trade or no trade at all, period.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

84Cat wrote:
Gamble is reporting the Suns "Will NOT" include Jackson in any Kyrie trade.

And sucks about Knight, but who the hell cares. He's not part of the The Timeline. He's dead weight.

My guess is the waive/stretch provision is used on him.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Only reason Knight's injury sucks is that although it was hard enough to trade him as is, now it's for sure impossible and he's dead weight. Either way I'm sure we can trade him off in the final year of his contract in 3 years, yay expiring contracts!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I wouldn't want my team to trade for Irving simply because he's an idiot.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Good news is the Suns can apply for a medical exception because of Knight. Gives them an extra exception to make some (limited) moves with.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier