Lakers

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TucsonClip

Re: Lakers

Post by TucsonClip »

Wes and Gasol are the two better pickups over Schroeder and Trez, especially value wise.

Two guys play defense and shoot, two guys do neither.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Marc Gasol on why joins LeBron & AD on Lakers: "boiled down to win another championship"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_sVBF68N9o

Interviews - Laker fans might enjoy.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Extending Lebron and re-signing AD?

Looks like the Lakers are going for that Three-Peat.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I as a Suns fan am severely annoyed right now.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

JMarkJohns wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:05 pm I as a Suns fan am severely annoyed right now.
I was really excited for the Suns by the halftime score.

I do not want Suns playing the Lakers in the 1st round..... typical Suns luck
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Not that anyone did, but this is pinpoint example why you never want opponents to suffer injuries. Suns get royally fucked for being healthy and the Lakers not. With health, Utah, Phoenix, and the LA squads are all 1-4 and not meeting until round 2.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

LA still down with 3 minutes to play
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Refs aren’t going to allow LeBron to lose.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Poop.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Lame.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Ugly win. Team hasn’t jelled yet so Suns have a shot.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Insane 3 by Lebron
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:42 pm Ugly win. Team hasn’t jelled yet so Suns have a shot.
Suns don't beat the Lakers.... it's not the way the universe works.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

UofAlum05 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:43 pm Insane 3 by Lebron
People are going a bit nuts about the shot, but I dunno. I was a mediocre high school player, but moving away from the hoop, then turning, squaring, and shooting is something you practice millions of times by yourself. So you get your favorite spots on the floor, and you sometimes almost have to remind yourself to look at the hoop. It's so much feel and muscle memory, and you want to get the shot off fast. So all of the "It's because he's Lebron...he can do it blindfolded" is a bit much. All the credit in the world to him for doing it through the distraction of pain and blurred vision. But, he's been there before, he's big and can get his shot off, he's got great range, and I wonder if he could even estimate how many times he's practiced that exact shot from that exact spot...blindfolded or not. And sometimes you just get lucky.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:31 am
People are going a bit nuts about the shot, but I dunno. I was a mediocre high school player, but moving away from the hoop, then turning, squaring, and shooting is something you practice millions of times by yourself. So you get your favorite spots on the floor, and you sometimes almost have to remind yourself to look at the hoop. It's so much feel and muscle memory, and you want to get the shot off fast. So all of the "It's because he's Lebron...he can do it blindfolded" is a bit much. All the credit in the world to him for doing it through the distraction of pain and blurred vision. But, he's been there before, he's big and can get his shot off, he's got great range, and I wonder if he could even estimate how many times he's practiced that exact shot from that exact spot...blindfolded or not. And sometimes you just get lucky.
Not having a taller defender on him definitely helped. Not sure how Curry ended up on him but even with his arms up he wasn’t going to affect that shot.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Agreed. And with the earlier events, nobody was going to touch him way out there. Here's the schedule:

@ Phx Sun 12:30 ABC
@ Phx Tue 7 TNT
LA Thu 7 TNT
LA Sun 12:30 ABC
(@ Phx Tue TBD)
(LA Thu TBD)
(@ Phx Sat TBD)
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Lets talk about Bron, AD and Caruso all hitting the side of the backboard last night...
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:35 am
TheCatInTheHat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:31 am
Not having a taller defender on him definitely helped. Not sure how Curry ended up on him but even with his arms up he wasn’t going to affect that shot.
Let's not forget he made the shot with one eyed close after the Green foul.

The defense won the game for the Lakers last night. That will need to be the formula for them until their offense get's in better rhythm because of all the injuries this year.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Pretty much. Zero way he was ever going to be suspended. But the League is making the favoritism obvious. 2 Refs whose call stats and win/loss all favor the Lakers called the Lakers/Warriors game (Lakers literally undefeated with one of them, and the other the Warriors are 0-for against).

Now this.

Suns need to lube up. League gonna fist them haaaaaard.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I guess the refs had it in for the Warriors against that league-preferred Grizzlies squad last night. :roll:
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:10 pm I guess the refs had it in for the Warriors against that league-preferred Grizzlies squad last night. :roll:
The Warriors aren’t a threat to win the Title. Healthy Lakers are. But the Warriors are an iffy matchup for the Lakers if Curry is on. He was. So, Refs we’re there to keep things close for Lakers.

There’s no reasonable explanation for the Lakers with the referees of the last 5/6 seasons to be 10-1 or Undefeated at like 13-0 when the Lakers were abject dog shit for 3 solid seasons prior to a 4 OK season before these last two with Davis. So, Leakey there’s either referee bias or some other shit. Donaghy copped that Refs call games certain ways for certain teams or against certain players. The stats bare this out.

Now the League is all but throwing out it’s Health & Safety protocol for James despite him not being Vaccinated, and the event we went to not requiring vaccination, only recent negative tests, but I know plenty who had the virus in their system who tested negative the day before they tested positive.

The League favors James and the Lakers. Gigantic storied franchise with a gigantic storied player.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The interesting thing about the Lakers is...

FUCK THE LAKERS
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

JMarkJohns wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:47 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:10 pm I guess the refs had it in for the Warriors against that league-preferred Grizzlies squad last night. :roll:
The Warriors aren’t a threat to win the Title. Healthy Lakers are. But the Warriors are an iffy matchup for the Lakers if Curry is on. He was. So, Refs we’re there to keep things close for Lakers.

There’s no reasonable explanation for the Lakers with the referees of the last 5/6 seasons to be 10-1 or Undefeated at like 13-0 when the Lakers were abject dog shit for 3 solid seasons prior to a 4 OK season before these last two with Davis. So, Leakey there’s either referee bias or some other shit. Donaghy copped that Refs call games certain ways for certain teams or against certain players. The stats bare this out.

Now the League is all but throwing out it’s Health & Safety protocol for James despite him not being Vaccinated, and the event we went to not requiring vaccination, only recent negative tests, but I know plenty who had the virus in their system who tested negative the day before they tested positive.

The League favors James and the Lakers. Gigantic storied franchise with a gigantic storied player.
Oh I get it now. The league only conspires against contending teams. Can you tell me other than the Lakers where the fix is in? Or is it just the Lakers.

The stats bare it out? The Warriors committed 21 fouls and the Lakers 18. Oh, it must have been the the 25-15 free throw disparity. I’m sure it had nothing to do with the 20 turnovers the Warriors committed.

The League said his attending the event didn’t pose a spread threat. I guess you know otherwise. Btw, we don’t know if Lebron got vaccinated because he hasn’t publicly stated that. While he did violate the protocol that doesn’t necessarily come with an automatic suspension. There could be a warning or a fine. That’s what happened.

I get that you and a lot of people hate the Lakers. The same thing happens with the Yankees or the Patriots. I can understand the whining and complaining when you win 17 Championships and the other team has none. I just don’t believe in conspiracy theories in sports besides WWE or Jai Lai.

Maybe it’s just the other team Is fucking better than you.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

You know LeBron got special treatment after attending that event. Meanwhile, Adam Silver will probably suspend Devin Booker just for dating a Kardashian.
-JB
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:39 pm
JMarkJohns wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Oh I get it now. The league only conspires against contending teams. Can you tell me other than the Lakers where the fix is in? Or is it just the Lakers.

The stats bare it out? The Warriors committed 21 fouls and the Lakers 18. Oh, it must have been the the 25-15 free throw disparity. I’m sure it had nothing to do with the 20 turnovers the Warriors committed.

The League said his attending the event didn’t pose a spread threat. I guess you know otherwise. Btw, we don’t know if Lebron got vaccinated because he hasn’t publicly stated that. While he did violate the protocol that doesn’t necessarily come with an automatic suspension. There could be a warning or a fine. That’s what happened.

I get that you and a lot of people hate the Lakers. The same thing happens with the Yankees or the Patriots. I can understand the whining and complaining when you win 17 Championships and the other team has none. I just don’t believe in conspiracy theories in sports besides WWE or Jai Lai.

Maybe it’s just the other team Is fucking better than you.
The stats for the refs. No way the recent 5-6 years Lakers are 10-1 or 13-0 or some shit with clean refs absent agenda or bias. The Lakers were fresh-stepped dogshit for 3 solid years and added a fourth sub-.500 season where they lost like 75% of their second-half games.

As I said, Donaghy explained it is systemic, and gave specifics and those ref records with these recent Lakers is straight bullshit that jives with his discussions.

The only people who pretend there isn’t a Lakers agenda is Lakers fans.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Wait.... Booker is dating a Kardashian?

Lakers in 6.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Lakers in whatever it takes for the bias League and Refs to hand them the series...

JMJ. Please send me your address. I just bought some gourmet cheese. I’m talking top shelf Gouda, Gruyere, and Brie. It will go so well with your...
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Refs did their best…

28 FTs Lakers, 12 FTs Suns

And it was 17-0 at halftime.

It’s a thing. The fact you can’t see it is on you. So keep the cheese for your own whining over my spitting facts.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I can see it but the Suns are a better team. Suns in 6
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Also a fact - Suns had 20 fouls. Lakers had 18. Yeah the refs certainly tried to give the game to the Lakers. Maybe they need to change the rules where all Laker fouls are automatic free throws?

Suns were the better team today.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We Suns fans have some experience in this area so let us whine a little bit:

Donaghy: Dislike of Suns owner Sarver was factor in rigging of Spurs series

https://arizonasports.com/story/2122637 ... rs-series/
-JB
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Whining Vogel.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Lakers struggled 2 seasons ago and half of this season. They are a .600 team going back to 2018-2019. Yet in that time with two huge chunks of struggle including a huge free fall this season, they have a ref that has reffed them to 10 straight wins, and that ref happens to call this game 1, and that game 1 sees Ayton with 2 fouls within first 15 minutes played, 3 fouls in first 18, and finds the Lakers more than doubling FTAs on the Suns, even so far as giving them a 17-0 head start to keep them in the game.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You guys really don’t want to do this.

If the Suns are the better team (which I think they are at the moment) they will take the series.

Preemptively blaming the refs is a loser mentality. Bad calls can and should be overcome by great teams. And great teams don’t have built in excuses as to why the chips are stacked against them.

Are the Suns a great team? Let’s see them prove it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

A Suns player was tackled in this game by a Laker. It was obvious he had to be thrown out of the game... what wasn't obvious is that it would be the Suns player who was to be ejected.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:00 pm A Suns player was tackled in this game by a Laker. It was obvious he had to be thrown out of the game... what wasn't obvious is that it would be the Suns player who was to be ejected.
Did the Suns win the game?

“Yeah but....”

Ok but the outcome didn’t change, right? Credit your team and be proud of how they fought.

“BUT THE REFS!!!!!”

:lol:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The Suns were the better team by far today.

Ayton was awesome!

Also- The refs ended an altercation by throwing out the guy who got tackled while leaving in the tackler.

All of these things are true
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

If Arizona was playing Duke and there was a 17-0 free throw disparity in one half for Duke everyone on this board would absolutely lose their shit.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Mike Conley and Rudy Gobert (the literal only players with pulses on Utah tonight) both have four fouls early in the second half.

Must be because the refs want the Lakers to win that series too.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Beat LA and fuck the refs
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:11 pm Mike Conley and Rudy Gobert (the literal only players with pulses on Utah tonight) both have four fouls early in the second half.

Must be because the refs want the Lakers to win that series too.
No. This is because no one likes Utah
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I didn’t realize Suns fans had such an inferiority complex. Must be from years of being an insignificant spec on the NBA landscape.

You guys have a very good team and should be enjoying their success instead of wallowing in this “the League and Refs are out to get us” world which only you guys are living in.

It’s not like the UA President & AD are involved...
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:10 pm If Arizona was playing Duke and there was a 17-0 free throw disparity in one half for Duke everyone on this board would absolutely lose their shit.
Not if Arizona was kicking their ass like the Suns were doing to the Lakers.

Only the delusional fans would.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:07 pm I didn’t realize Suns fans had such an inferiority complex. Must be from years of being an insignificant spec on the NBA landscape.

You guys have a very good team and should be enjoying their success instead of wallowing in this “the League and Refs are out to get us” world which only you guys are living in.

It’s not like the UA President & AD are involved...
I mean both can be equally true and aren't mutually exclusive. Suns have a good team...and the refs suck and the league would do anything legal or not to make sure the Lakers win. Beat LA
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:00 pm A Suns player was tackled in this game by a Laker. It was obvious he had to be thrown out of the game... what wasn't obvious is that it would be the Suns player who was to be ejected.
This is a pretty big reach. Cam started the fight with a shove (Tech 1) and then threw the ball at Caruso (Tech 2). I am not sure how you can call it a tackle when the guy is still on his feet after said tackle. All Harrell did was grab him to protect his guy, no harm was done. If this is what your gripe with the refs is then I would say the game was refed pretty well.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »