Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

the real dill

Kings to play 4 on 5 D tonight

Post by the real dill »

I'm intrigued. It's like the fail videos on YouTube you can't look away from
UAEebs86

Re: Kings to play 4 on 5 D tonight

Post by UAEebs86 »

the real dill wrote:I'm intrigued. It's like the fail videos on YouTube you can't look away from
Are they really going to do it? I heard Rome talking about it - didn't think it was serious.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

New Kings owner Vivek Ranadive and GM Pete D'Alessandro wanted to run an up-tempo, high-scoring system while Malone was a defense-first guy, according to Yahoo!'s Adrian Wojnarowski, Grantland's Zach Lowe, and others.

Wojnarowski reports that Ranadive is so committed to pushing the pace that he instructed interim coach Ty Corbin to experiment with a 4-on-5 defensive scheme.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

From Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski:

The owner played the part of a fantasy league owner, treating the Kings like a science experiment. He shared tactical experiences with Malone about coaching his child's youth team, and pressed him to consider playing four-on-five defense, leaking out a defender for cherry-picking baskets. Some semblance of that strategy is expected to be employed with Corbin now, a source told Yahoo Sports.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Alieberman wrote:From Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski:

The owner played the part of a fantasy league owner, treating the Kings like a science experiment. He shared tactical experiences with Malone about coaching his child's youth team, and pressed him to consider playing four-on-five defense, leaking out a defender for cherry-picking baskets. Some semblance of that strategy is expected to be employed with Corbin now, a source told Yahoo Sports.
"So, coach, I'm not telling you how to do your job, but my son's 7U team is straight killing it right now."
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

the real dill wrote:
Alieberman wrote:From Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski:

"So, coach, I'm not telling you how to do your job, but my son's 7U team is straight killing it right now."
I think it was actually his daughter's team that he is wanting them to model after.