2015-16 Season Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: 2015-16 Season Thread

Post by Longhorned »

84Cat wrote:Isn't green suspended for the next game?
I think he has two more technical fouls before that happens. It's the flagrant fouls he can't afford.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

He did it again twice last night

https://vine.co/v/i9TjvelIruH" target="_blank

https://mobile.twitter.com/_MarcusD_/st ... 1243321345" target="_blank

So dumb
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Doesn't everyone follow through on their shots with kicks to the face?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Warriors are starting to suffer from the whole "die a hero or live long enough to be the villain" fatigue.

Apparently he's done it his entire career and only now it's a thing.

I remember Malone did similar every contested shot.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

2 Thoughts on Green:

1. I don't think he will get away with kicking in today's NBA for much longer. Too many cameras and social media to get away with that.

2. I would have had no problem with him being suspended for game 4. I still remember how disappointed I was with the NBA when they suspended Amare & Diaw in the 2007 Suns/Spurs series. That seemed unfair to follow the rules so closely and it effectively ended the series. Green is playing like a punk right now.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Only solace I can take from that is they are the defining example in the NBA footnote on how absurd Stern could be, and, I believe, it was one of the massive body blows that expedited his tenure end. It and Seattle are his defining reference points.

Frankly, I'm glad the modern NBA is more subjective. It needs to be. You can't radically alter series without intent, careless (not reckless) indifference, or severe consequences such as bad injury.

While reckless, that justification given on Green shows his action wasn't one intended to harm, or carelessly cared out with indifference to harm. I think of Artest's elbow to Harden's head in 2011 or 2012. Intentionally swung high, hard, and while he may not have intended to harm, the intent was to to potentially harm.

Green was reckless. I can see how some might say careless go consequence, but he'd done that one million times and that was the only instance of that outcome.

Again, I think to Malone and his "leading" kick.

Silver isn't perfect, but he's closer to it than Stern ever was and a lot of it is knowing that Subjectivity is a very good thing, and that he's not afraid of claims of bias or favor toward, and would rather have that then a letter of the law punishment unfairly impune the victims of instigatory actions.

Horry was so savvy. He was practically worthless that series. He could feel the momentum changing. He knew if he took out Nash like that people might take swings, thus changing the series.

The fact he was allowed to manipulate a series like that through letter of the law interpretation was the death knell for the 7SoL Suns.

Green hasn't done anything like that. So I'm good with him not being treated like he has.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Klay Thompson with 10 three's so far keeping the Warriors in the game. Down 5 with about 4 minutes to go. OKC just seems to be the more balanced team to me.

If they win (OKC) I wouldn't mind seeing the long suffering Cleveland fans celebrate a championship
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

NEVER underestimate the HEART of a champion. Curry wuth 2 bombs, Iggy with a big basket and a bigger strip of Westbrook. Warriors up 3 with less than a minute to go. Wow
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Iggy has been nails this 4th
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

MrBug708 wrote:Iggy has been nails this 4th
Yep, as much as Thompson kept them in it through 3, I thought his defense was amazing and he took some pressure off of Curry in the fourth
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat May 28, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

What a 4th Qt for GSW
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Wow!
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Unbelievable!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Clutch D by Finals MVP aka Iggy, huge shots from Klay and Steph. What a game, OKC is donezo
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

OKC outscored 33-18 in the 4th. That's what champions do
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I wouldn't be surprised if game 7 was a 20 point blowout
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Holy shit, what just happened?
MVP of the game tonight in my book. His D in the last part of the game was the difference. He just shut down whoever he was guarding. On to game 7.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Nice end-of-the-half rally by Golden State to get back in this, but I can't help but love this Thunder team. Steven Adams has definitely become one of my favorite players during the playoffs. His ability to roll with Green playing dirty is so typical. Doesn't let anything affect him, just keeps playing tough and smart.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

... and we'll never see that Thunder team again. That city should probably brace itself for long-term mediocrity. I'd love to see Adams on a championship team, though.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

I think Durant gives them 1 more year, then the real free agency with him begins
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Well done on the part of the Warriors. Vaguely reminded me of the Nash team that beat the Lakers after being down 3-1
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Two OKC blowouts kept that from being an all-time series. Then again, maybe those two blowouts were needed to have the ending feel like that. It worked out for the team I was rooting for, but that is one reason I do not like the newer format. If a team has the fortitude to go on the road and steal one of the first two games on the road, I feel they should be rewarded with three straight at home. Golden State essentially got a home game to stop the bleeding. A win there also swings all of the pressure in the world on OKC as it is a must win game. You dont win that you go to a winner-take-all on the road, completely deflated against a team that won two straight. OKC lost game 7 before it even started, it was just a matter of when the Warriors were going to start being the Warriors. You could see the frustrations of the inevitable coming out early in the second half of a close game they were still in. They knew they choked and were bickering and pointing fingers. In the old format, Warriors lose that series. Worst case for OKC, they drop game 5, but there is not quite the pressure of having two chances on the road when they took one of the first two.

I know most will disagree with me, but I thought Donovan made some huge mistakes last night. Kanter and Adams were killing the Warriors and both were largely on the bench in the second half, and completely out of the game in the final 7 or 8 minutes IIRC. Toughness, offensive rebounding and second chance opportunities and put backs, size. I know the big knock on OKC is when there is no ball movement and KD and Westbrook resort to iso, but when Adams and Kanter were on the floor there was a lot more pick and roll action. I understand why Donovan had his reservations, Adams was switched on Curry several times which resulted in about 8 points in a short period. But Curry and Thompson are going to get theirs regardless down the stretch. There is nothing you can do about it. Curry is still going to make KD look silly too, albeit not as much as Adams, but the end result will still be the same. Plus you are letting the Warriors dictate the style of game by going small. You aren't going to beat them at their game. Warriors were getting killed on the glass with Kanter and Adams out there, they showed a stat at halftime, those two had like 15 points and 5 or 6 offensive boards at the half. Play your game, not theirs.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

84Cat wrote:Holy shit, what just happened?

MVP of the game tonight in my book. His D in the last part of the game was the difference. He just shut down whoever he was guarding. On to game 7.
Dude played 43 mins last night.

So valuable to the Warriors. On offense, gives the point forward option to a team which needs it: Curry and Thompson have other responsibilities. And when Iggy brings the ball up, both Curry and Thomson are open pass choices.

Then there's Ig's D.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Holy shit game 2 was embarassing.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Love seeing Leandro do well.

Feels like a lifetime ago when I scouted video of him in the Brazilian leagues. I was watching some highlights of Fernando Malaman and Renato Cesar, two incoming big men from Brazil for Arizona Western, and came across video of him. He was my first "find" and I touted him to everyone in the department and online at ESPN and AZcentral. I was so freaking happy when the Suns traded for him on Draft Night.

Leandrinho was what he was called then.

He's an old 33 but it's great to see he still has that extra gear in the open floor.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I think ESPN sucks at doing the NBA. I would much rather watch and listen to TNT crews both in game and at the breaks.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

BearDown89 wrote:I think ESPN sucks at doing the NBA. I would much rather watch and listen to TNT crews both in game and at the breaks.
Absolutely agree. I'm bummed when the TNT crew has to bow out after the conference finals.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Hopefully we get a close game in this series. Blow outs aren't all that fun to watch. I'm glad that Lebron gave the game ball to RJ last night. The guy started to change the tone for Cleveland in game 2 and last night did a little bit of everything.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Green is on his way to a Rasheed Wallace type player here shortly
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

MrBug708 wrote:Green is on his way to a Rasheed Wallace type player here shortly
Maybe, but LeBron was absolutely the instigator, and shouldn't be allowed to get his way.

His purposefully stepped over a player getting up, sat on said players head, then bitches when said player blindly swipes/pushes at the asshole sitting atop him to get off.

That's literally what happened. Green's bag tag was done with face down. It was blind and with no intent.

It was a get the fuck off me swipe that happened to tag James where his balls should be.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

JMarkJohns wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Green is on his way to a Rasheed Wallace type player here shortly
Maybe, but LeBron was absolutely the instigator, and shouldn't be allowed to get his way.

His purposefully stepped over a player getting up, sat on said players head, then bitches when said player blindly swipes/pushes at the asshole sitting atop him to get off.

That's literally what happened. Green's bag tag was done with face down. It was blind and with no intent.

It was a get the fuck off me swipe that happened to tag James where his balls should be.
Agree with this 100%. Then Lebron was giving Curry crap for complaning to the refs. Who does that? Now Lue is bitching about calls. Face it, you guys lost because you resorted to iso ball. Iso ball will never win championships.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Hope Kerr wouldn't talk back if LeBron got in his face, or the NBA might really get mad at the Warriors. :roll:

That Green suspension is the clearest example yet that the league is trying to revive the Jordan Rules with James. Such a noncompetitive product anyway, and then you clearly see one person being put on a pedestal to the point that other players get suspended just for swiping at his bubble.

What a transparent crock of sh*t the NBA league office has become.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You know what's better for the NBA than a 5 game series? A 6 or 7 game series.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

JMarkJohns wrote:
I love that this is the narrative. It's not why he was suspended. He received a flagarant foul and is suspended because he accumulated the flagarant 2 vs Steven Adams Had he not had the other one in the playoffs, this wouldnt be an issue. Lebron was also issued a technical as well and if he had previous technicals, he'd also be sitting. How much of this outrage are people who havent bothered to spend more than a minute on the issue? (Not speaking to you Jmark, but tweets like that). Absolutely Lebron knew it would piss off Green, that's why he didn't and that's where Green will need to mature if he wants to be anything than Rasheed Wallace. A talented but volatile player. if you get enough flagrant foul points over the course of the playoffs you get suspended.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

In an age of social media beginning to overwhelm TV and cord-cutting on the rise no matter how the game is manipulated, does the NBA still think that's going to bring in more casual fans?

Won't be me. I'll enjoy the Warriors' second straight NBA title without watching a second of it on ESPN. Take that corrupt business model and shove it.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

There's no world where Draymond deserves a flagrant and James a technical, both in retrospect, and not called by game officials, where the former is then suspended and the latter walks free of any real penalty.

That's not Justice.

Call it nothing or call it a double technical, the latter of which still holds as punishment since one more and Green is gone, but doesn't make a decision off the court removed from the actual court of play and real time decisions.

This highly scrutinized, micro-managed, retroactive re-assessing and re-interpreting of game play is horse shit and allows for consequences to be rendered without accountability.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Whole series is beyond tainted. The NBA wonders why it has no credibility. Manipulated a Golden State in 5 title into a game 7, winner take all. They better hope the Warriors still win the series. What a joke.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:You know what's better for the NBA than a 5 game series? A 6 or 7 game series.
*cough*
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Stone cold...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

:lol: :lol:

It's been awhile since I've seen a player get exposed the level Love has though
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I always knew Love didn't have the ceiling everyone made him out to have going back to UCLA days.

What a Joker.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

DP
Last edited by the real dill on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

JMarkJohns wrote:There's no world where Draymond deserves a flagrant and James a technical, both in retrospect, and not called by game officials, where the former is then suspended and the latter walks free of any real penalty.

That's not Justice.

Call it nothing or call it a double technical, the latter of which still holds as punishment since one more and Green is gone, but doesn't make a decision off the court removed from the actual court of play and real time decisions.

This highly scrutinized, micro-managed, retroactive re-assessing and re-interpreting of game play is horse shit and allows for consequences to be rendered without accountability.
The NBA said they told him specifically that he would be suspended if he didn't stop hitting people in the junk. If you look at the one play by itself, the ball tap doesn't seem all that bad. If you look at the cumulative effect of continuing to smash people in the balls, they had to take action.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:
Chicat wrote:You know what's better for the NBA than a 5 game series? A 6 or 7 game series.
*cough*

KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

He should be an authority on prolonging series if there ever was one.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

NBA is so corrupt. Who wins game 7? Will they continue to call touch fouls on GSW while allowing Cle to play NFL style? Has there ever been an MVP that gets less calls than Curry?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Curry not a likable player with all his awful passes, but the officiating tonight was ridiculous and I get his frustration.