D. Sterling: Burn With Me

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

thenewazcats

D. Sterling: Burn With Me

Post by thenewazcats »

Whether you like him or not, Sterling's vengeful vetting of his co-owners and Commissioners Stern and Silver has the potential to rock the league to its very core. I'm excited to see the results.
Jefe

Re: D. Sterling: Burn With Me

Post by Jefe »

Same here, but you gotta believe the NBA is doing the same thing with him. He already has a track record that aligns with the recording. Would love to see what his guys come up with though.

"He realized these guys will literally go to any low to get this sold," the person said. "Even if it gets [him] nothing other than exposing all these guys and shaking up the league and seeing a change in the leadership of the league, it'll be worth it to him."
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

I'll believe it when I see it. Sterling has 0 credibility and has signs of Alzheimer's
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

TucsonClip wrote:I'll believe it when I see it. Sterling has 0 credibility and has signs of Alzheimer's
Isn't that the perfect person to burn it all down?

Can you imagine? "Collect all the dirty stories on the league over the last 30 years. Run down every lead. Here's $10M dollars."

Could things like rigging the lottery come out?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/13/us/sterli ... homepage-t

Obviously, he is from the school of two wrongs making a right.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I'm definitely rooting for Sterling to turn Stern over on the whole Donaghy fiasco.

Otherwise, he and the league's attorneys deserve each other.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

I don't think we're going to see any on-court scandals revealed. But hopefully we see some dirt on other owners. It would be even better if the dirt is gathered illegally and released to TMZ. I want to see what Silver and The League does at that point.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

How's it going so far? Was berating a doctor via voicemail Plan A?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Judge rules in favor of Shelly Sterling on all counts

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... provisions
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Is this anything like "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me"? Because that sucked balls.

I don't think Sterling has enough credibility to bring down other owners or the NBA. Even Jose Canseco has more credibility as a whistleblower than Sterling.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

I've been crawling through Twin Peaks episodes the last few weeks thinking it would be a much better experience if I had hard drugs. Never saw it when it aired. I wasn't even aware there was a movie.

The difference between Canseco and Sterling is that Canseco was blowing the same whistle again and again. This guy -- steroids. That guy -- steroids. If Sterling does nothing but accuse his former co-owners of being racists, it won't be juicy. I just imagine people with hundreds of millions or billions of dollars doing worse things than taking steroids, and if Sterling's sharks sink their teeth into that, it could make a huge impact on the perception of the league. Just look at what happened when an owner's racism was exposed in a private conversation secretly taped and sold to a rumor mongering website. The credibility of any dirt is contingent on evidence provided to back those claims/accusations. If it's just Sterling's word, then, yeah, it does nothing. Even as a worst-cases scenario, I don't see Sterling's vendetta bringing down the league as a whole, but rocking its foundation a bit, I could see that depending on the findings. At this point, though, it looks like he's not finding anything. I'm a lot less interested than I was a month and a half ago.
UAEebs86

Hawks owner to sell team because of racist email

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion