Craziest offseason ever?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Craziest offseason ever?

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:OK, this one doesn't appear to be fake:

http://tmzhiphop.com/kevin-durant-tweet ... -opinions/

Kevin Durant had some choice words for Stephen A. Smith on his Twitter page this afternoon.

The now Warriors baller tweeted “f*ck Stephen A. Smith and His Uncle Tom Ass Opinions” to his 14.3 million followers on Twitter. The tweet was immediately taken down but it was too late as screenshots of it are all over the Internet.

Stephen A. Smith dropped a video on his Facebook page down talking the super star for choosing to jump on the Warriors bandwagon to assure himself a championship title.

Stephen A. Smith has yet to respond, but you can bet he has something witty to say hidden deep inside that forehead.

That's his real account, but the only sites reporting that are ones no one has ever heard of like "butthatsnoneofmybusiness.com", "creambmp.com", and the one linked above. If 60,000 people had truly retweeted that it would be the top story at ESPN. So I'm guessing that's a really shameful photoshop job to get clicks.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Different fake account, looks like it was photoshopped. Note the blue check box.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:I don't know if Boston would risk their assets on a one year deal. They'd have to get a commitment from Russ to sign on past a year. The Lakers could use their first because two firsts, Russell, and a contract or two might get it done. I'd say Randle but I'm not sure he has much value outside the Lakers
I kind of see it the other way. Both teams obviously want a multiyear commitment first. That said, Boston could be a contender with RW next year. The Lakers won't be. In the one year rental market, I think you risk it more if you can wrangle it into a finals appearance, which the Celts could. The Lakers have no real use for being good in this coming year. They need pieces.
gumby

Post by gumby »

UAEebs86 wrote:OK, this one doesn't appear to be fake:

http://tmzhiphop.com/kevin-durant-tweet ... -opinions/

Kevin Durant had some choice words for Stephen A. Smith on his Twitter page this afternoon.

The now Warriors baller tweeted “f*ck Stephen A. Smith and His Uncle Tom Ass Opinions” to his 14.3 million followers on Twitter. The tweet was immediately taken down but it was too late as screenshots of it are all over the Internet.

Stephen A. Smith dropped a video on his Facebook page down talking the super star for choosing to jump on the Warriors bandwagon to assure himself a championship title.

Stephen A. Smith has yet to respond, but you can bet he has something witty to say hidden deep inside that forehead.

"Witty" suggests brevity, which is the soul of wit. Zero chance.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

BTW, you could be a valuable guard without making the All-Star squad on the West team.

Westbrook, Paul, Curry, Thompson, Harden, Bryant, Parker, Lillard, Nash.

Conley is good. Just not THAT good. No shame in that.
Right where I want to be.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

gumby wrote:BTW, you could be a valuable guard without making the All-Star squad on the West team.

Westbrook, Paul, Curry, Thompson, Harden, Bryant, Parker, Lillard, Nash.

Conley is good. Just not THAT good. No shame in that.
Yep. When you're Memphis and you aren't replacing him easily, sometimes it's easier to just overpay for very good.

But this offseason is why I was so pissed at the Suns for creating bad blood with Bledsoe two years ago. 5/80 even for injured is literally half of what Conley, a maxed, injured now makes.

Everyone with a brain knew this offseason was coming, that these contracts were coming.

It wasn't worth risking pissing Bledsoe off over 10 million that's now viewed as chump change.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Never thought I'd see the day....

That said the Suns get some of the Heats future 1sts and they are looking money right now
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The Bulls will be hot garbage next year. It's like they're putting together an all-star team from 8 years ago just to piss off the one young star that can actually play at a high level right now.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:The Bulls will be hot garbage next year. It's like they're putting together an all-star team from 8 years ago just to piss off the one young star that can actually play at a high level right now.
It's a really weird team. There's zero explanation or justification.

As for Heat, this actually hurts the picks. I think this helps Riley. No face of the franchise any more. If Bosh retires, they will have a ton of CAP space.

That said, Wade is well liked. The Heat and Riley look petty right now. Wade took a pretty good discount and a backseat to get LeBron and Bosh, which brought them two more Titles. He took another paycut to bring back Bosh after LeBron left.

Riley never returned that gesture.

That was smart, unless it makes the organization look like one that treats stars like shit.

If they force Bosh to medically retire, Riley will look Ruthless.

Still, on the surface, this helps them free up money, touches, star status.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Wade going to Chicago is great news for the Suns, as they have Miami's first-round pick in 2018(top 7 protected) and their first-round pick in 2021(not protected).
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Irish27 wrote:Wade going to Chicago is great news for the Suns, as they have Miami's first-round pick in 2018(top 7 protected) and their first-round pick in 2021(not protected).
Wade sucks now. It's really not a good thing. Maybe not a bad thing. It's just a thing.

But locking into a bad Wade contract likely guarantees that 2018 pick being late lottery.

Now, who knows. They could suck bad enough in two years they keep it as a top-7 pick.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Irish27 wrote:Wade going to Chicago is great news for the Suns, as they have Miami's first-round pick in 2018(top 7 protected) and their first-round pick in 2021(not protected).
Wade sucks now. It's really not a good thing. Maybe not a bad thing. It's just a thing.

But locking into a bad Wade contract likely guarantees that 2018 pick being late lottery.

Now, who knows. They could suck bad enough in two years they keep it as a top-7 pick.
Miami is going to suck for a while. Who is going to want to play there now?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

The 18 pick is unprotected the following year if not top 7. Bagley draft is 19
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Irish27 wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:

Miami is going to suck for a while. Who is going to want to play there now?
Westbrook... Dude is about fashion, lifestyle, and ball-dominance.

Seems like a great fit.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Main Event wrote:The 18 pick is unprotected the following year if not top 7. Bagley draft is 19
It is, but I think I'll reserve any excitement for the Suns landing #1 overall until I see it happen. They simply don't have the luck. Maybe they're due and they met #1 from their own in 2017 and then #1 from Miami in 2019?

Bledsoe, Booker, Jackson, Bender, Bagley

It can happen!!! Believe!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Main Event wrote:The 18 pick is unprotected the following year if not top 7. Bagley draft is 19
It is, but I think I'll reserve any excitement for the Suns landing #1 overall until I see it happen. They simply don't have the luck. Maybe they're due and they met #1 from their own in 2017 and then #1 from Miami in 2019?

Don't tease me
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Main Event wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:

Don't tease me
Not a single hope or practical suggestion that JMJ has mentioned about the Suns' roster-building efforts has ever happened. Not one.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:
Main Event wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:

Don't tease me
Not a single hope or practical suggestion that JMJ has mentioned about the Suns' roster-building efforts has ever happened. Not one.
Yep, no matter how brilliant it is, the Suns never make any moves that JMJ suggests. So is life...
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Actually, I flooded them with Booker or Turner tweets last draft.

Turner was gone, but Booker was my top choice anyways.

However, it begins and ends there.

Though I was on board with bringing Dudley back.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Sport Center is just reporting off this tweet which is some unnamed source who doesn't know what Andre will do.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Peace out Cavs
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Kyrie to the Spurs would be crazy. They would be a legit contender.

Rose to the Cavs lol. So Lebron to the Lakers and Cavs become a lottery team :lol:
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Iso would drive Pop crazy.

I doubt it's because he can't play with Lebron. It's probably "I don't want to play in Cleveland without Lebron, so trade me before"
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

The Suns are going to end up with Irving aren't they?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:The Suns are going to end up with Irving aren't they?
If they give Bledsoe and Jackson, Cleveland can't do much better than that. Wiggins and Teague is all that could really top that.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:The Suns are going to end up with Irving aren't they?
If they give Bledsoe and Jackson, Cleveland can't do much better than that. Wiggins and Teague is all that could really top that.
Stop it. No Jackson. No 2018 Suns 1st.

If they want Bledsoe, Warren, 2018 Miami, OK, though I'd rather be a third team.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Whats this I hear (from Aussie sources 'supposedly' close to Irving - frankly I doubt it) about a 3-way or 4-way deal with CJMc ending up in New York and Irving in Cleveland? Is this even a thing? What would Philly get? Who's the other traded bodies? Is this just a rumor monger pulling names out of a hat?

WTF? Whooda thunk it?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

RichardCranium wrote:Whats this I hear (from Aussie sources 'supposedly' close to Irving - frankly I doubt it) about a 3-way or 4-way deal with CJMc ending up in New York and Irving in Cleveland? Is this even a thing? What would Philly get? Who's the other traded bodies? Is this just a rumor monger pulling names out of a hat?

WTF? Whooda thunk it?
I'm not even sure what the supposed trade is? Irving would stay in Cleveland? Where did Philly come from? I'm so lost.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RichardCranium wrote:Whats this I hear (from Aussie sources 'supposedly' close to Irving - frankly I doubt it) about a 3-way or 4-way deal with CJMc ending up in New York and Irving in Cleveland? Is this even a thing? What would Philly get? Who's the other traded bodies? Is this just a rumor monger pulling names out of a hat?

WTF? Whooda thunk it?
It would be odd to pull a trade where Kyrie gets traded to Cleveland.

For JMark, Cleveland has Kyrie under contract at least 2 years more. They don't need to sell low right now bc he won't sit for 2 full years. Assuming Cleveland isn't stupid, they should play Minny and Phoenix against each other. They hold enough cards that they can hold out for a good package, and frankly, I'd take Teague/Wiggins before Bledsoe/Jackson.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Well, Teague cant be traded until December 15, so thats quite a large negative.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

WTF? Whooda thunk it?

For JMark, Cleveland has Kyrie under contract at least 2 years more. They don't need to sell low right now bc he won't sit for 2 full years. Assuming Cleveland isn't stupid, they should play Minny and Phoenix against each other. They hold enough cards that they can hold out for a good package, and frankly, I'd take Teague/Wiggins before Bledsoe/Jackson.
So the Suns get said player for 2 years before he walks as a UFA and give up likely 7 years of Jackson?

If this happens I will literally quit. It is the last fucking straw and I'm not alone.

Suns are not better off with Irving.

And trading literally the ideal piece from a good draft to get him when you're bidding against yourself is the dumbest fucking shit imaginable.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

ChooChooCat wrote:
I'm not even sure what the supposed trade is? Irving would stay in Cleveland? Where did Philly come from? I'm so lost.
Sorry, I mistyped that. I meant to say Phoenix, not Cleveland.

And I don't know how the heck Philly or T.J. gets into the picture. Multi-team trade? It just sounded stupid when I heard it, but stupid things happen sometimes.

Then again, BleacherReport does have a variety of multiparty trade possibilities (5 Updated Kyrie Irving Trade Packages Cleveland Cavaliers Should Consider) though none of them involve Philly and TJ. Maybe 'my guy' misunderstood and meant CJ McC not TJ McC? I kind of like TJ getting out of the Philly dumpster fire, but I'm not sure the Knicks are that much better.

Anyway, I do know that the guy does know the Irving family, if only peripherally.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

WTF? Whooda thunk it?

So the Suns get said player for 2 years before he walks as a UFA and give up likely 7 years of Jackson?

If this happens I will literally quit. It is the last fucking straw and I'm not alone.

And trading literally the ideal piece from a good draft to get him when you're bidding against yourself is the dumbest fucking shit imaginable.
I'm not sure they're bidding against themselves, at least not right now. I agree with you about the Suns and Irving, but I just think that Cleveland has enough leverage on Kyrie that they don't need to sell themselves short. If LeBron leaves next summer then they need to sell on Kyrie for the best they can get, even if it's a loss. Right now, they still are a Finals level team next year, so they don't need to sell unless the package is worth it for them.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

WTF? Whooda thunk it?

I'm not sure they're bidding against themselves, at least not right now. I agree with you about the Suns and Irving, but I just think that Cleveland has enough leverage on Kyrie that they don't need to sell themselves short. If LeBron leaves next summer then they need to sell on Kyrie for the best they can get, even if it's a loss. Right now, they still are a Finals level team next year, so they don't need to sell unless the package is worth it for them.
That's not the leverage you think it is.

Everyone knows they need veterans. If they don't win this year, LeBron is gone. If they don't trade Irving, LeBron can blame it on the distraction. They need veterans and specifically ones that are friends with LeBron.

That's why Miami isn't getting more play.

New York and Phoenix because of Carmelo and Bledsoe.

They don't contractually need to trade him.

But every other part of the situation says the opposite.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

See, I disagree. If they shortsell Kyrie right now, they lose any shot at a ring this year. Carmelo is a massive downgrade. Bledsoe/Jackson and Teague/Wiggins are the only two packages that keep them in the Finals and within some range of GS.

Not being stupid and completing flipping Love into Butler would have helped. If they don't get value that can keep them at the championship level, they might as well keep Kyrie and sell him in the offseason. Unload him for vets, lose LeBron and you're stuck with old, expensive players in a rebuild. Keep options open and even if you unload him next year, you know you're shooting only for youth and cap room if LeBron is gone.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Kyrie for IT, Crowder, Zizic and the Nets pick is another jaw dropper.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

The Cavs also approached the Warriors on a trade for Klay :lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:The Cavs also approached the Warriors on a trade for Klay :lol:
They should just get crazy and drop Love and the Brooklyn 1st for Klay and McCaw. Cavs have to flip the Nets pick for another star to keep LeBron and Klay would be a great fit for them.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Whoa, KD, Kyrie & DeAndre Jordan to the Nets
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

NBA teams really don’t need GMs anymore. The players got this.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Uuuhhhhhhhhh...
Might be time to get some new sources.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Westbrook to Houston for cp3 :shock:
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Courtside interview responses from Timmy
: one word
: long stare
: two words
: no words and camera shot below the collar bone
: one short blink
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Courtside interview responses from Timmy
: one word
: long stare
: two words
: no words and camera shot below the collar bone
: one short blink
Yeah right. Maybe after a few drinks...