NBA Finals

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TucsonClip

Re: NBA Finals

Post by TucsonClip »

Wade shot 38% for the series in transition. He is clearly not the same player.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Wade is a mid-level player. He's simply not healthy enough to play 30+ minutes over 100 games. Closer to 25 per in 75 games.

Bosh just never meshed with this team. Gonna be interesting to see his career going forward. Still pretty young.

If those two come back at about 15 million total, and they have enough to offer James and Anthony 15 per, then maybe they get to be world beaters again. Really need a rebounder up front as well. And a PG.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Beautiful basketball. Glad the Spurs won.
Right where I want to be.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

gumby wrote:Beautiful basketball. Glad the Spurs won.
Agreed. Although all the talk is not on the "boring" Spurs, but on the Heat.

If the NBA trended toward building teams like the Spurs, and playing the game like them, maybe I'd become interested in the league again.

It won't and I won't...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

I wonder if it would be possible to build a team that plays like the Spurs using only players that originated from the US and have come up through the usual AAU, NCAA ranks. Somehow I think that it would be extraordinarily difficult.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

KaibabKat wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to build a team that plays like the Spurs using only players that originated from the US and have come up through the usual AAU, NCAA ranks. Somehow I think that it would be extraordinarily difficult.
Sean Miller is doing just that...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CatnapTom

Post by CatnapTom »

gumby wrote:Beautiful basketball. Glad the Spurs won.

Indeed, true team (euro) basketball, not the one on one 'hero' ball our kids are practicing today.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

KaibabKat wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to build a team that plays like the Spurs using only players that originated from the US and have come up through the usual AAU, NCAA ranks. Somehow I think that it would be extraordinarily difficult.
Not immediately out of it. Too few truly defined roles, too much "waiting" for things to happen.

The talent is there, but it's been deprioritized to the point where it's almost invisible.

It would take 2/3 years of rebooting their settings.

Not sure a coach would get the time.