Summer League

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Summer League

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It's probably just because I'm jonesing for basketball with this being a dead period that has no sports I really enjoy watching. That caveat aside, I'm really enjoying watching the NBA summer league.

The games are choppy, which you sort of expect. Seeing a bunch of guys jockeying for roster spots, overseas contracts, etc., has a lot of fun to it. The atmosphere is entertaining and freewheeling, people are going hard and you get a first glimpse at some future stars.

I'm happy ESPN got in on televising Vegas. It is about 1,000 times better than World Series of Poker or the usual summer retreads. I don't have to watch baseball or spend time with my family, and isn't that what sports are meant to be about?
MrBug708

Re: Summer League

Post by MrBug708 »

Lonzo's groin, which he hurt in the NCAA tournament, is going to keep him out of the game tonight
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

MrBug708 wrote:Lonzo's groin, which he hurt in the NCAA tournament, is going to keep him out of the game tonight
Coincidentally keeping him out of another matchup against Fox...yeah not buying it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:Lonzo's groin, which he hurt in the NCAA tournament, is going to keep him out of the game tonight
De'Aaron Fox is bad for his groin.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
De'Aaron Fox is bad for his groin.
Lol. What a pussy.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Was awesome seeing Brandon guard Lauri Saturday. Meanwhile Kobi was on the other channel.

Dennis Smith was seriously impressive. Josh Jackson should not have been guarding him. Josh is a kind of a little bitch too. 7 fouls and a tech last game because he was pissed a teammate wasted his assist

Anyone catch the Mark Cuban interview during the Mavs game? Said Ashley has a legitimate shot of making the roster. Also wants to get rid of the clear path foul and make college 2 or 3 years min
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:Was awesome seeing Brandon guard Lauri Saturday. Meanwhile Kobi was on the other channel.

Dennis Smith was seriously impressive. Josh Jackson should not have been guarding him. Josh is a kind of a little bitch too. 7 fouls and a tech last game because he was pissed a teammate wasted his assist

Anyone catch the Mark Cuban interview during the Mavs game? Said Ashley has a legitimate shot of making the roster. Also wants to get rid of the clear path foul and make college 2 or 3 years min
You never know, because it's summer league, but Ashley has produced a lot for the Mavs. He's shown a pretty developed offensive game. His rebounding has been sort of disappointing, but scoring wise, he's helped himself.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Coincidentally keeping him out of another matchup against Fox...yeah not buying it.
Sources tell me that Magic won't let Ball play against Fox in the regular season. Lonzo will also be held out against Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, Chris Paul, Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Lowery, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, Damian Lillard, Mike Conley, George Hill, Eric Bledsoe, Jeff Teague, Goran Dragic, Jrue Holiday, Dennis Schroeder, Derrick Rose, Patrick Beverly, Darren Collison, Ricky Rubio and Elfrid Payton.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Sources tell me that Magic won't let Ball play against Fox in the regular season. Lonzo will also be held out against Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, Chris Paul, Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Lowery, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, Damian Lillard, Mike Conley, George Hill, Eric Bledsoe, Jeff Teague, Goran Dragic, Jrue Holiday, Dennis Schroeder, Derrick Rose, Patrick Beverly, Darren Collison, Ricky Rubio and Elfrid Payton.
Aka, the Sixers plan for high draft picks.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

MrBug708 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
It's his Big Baller Brand contract that prevents him from playing agains anybody that would destroy him.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

You know, I just realized today that Nick Johnson and Kobi Simmons are also playing in Vegas right now. I've seen Zeus, Ashley, Lauri and Gabe, and was aware of Rondae as well. Just saw Nick and Kobi too.

Arizona may have the most players in summer league. Is that good or bad?
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Speaking of Rondae. . .
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Bummer no Lonzo tonight. Nick Johnson's time to shine!