2017-18 Phoenix Suns Season Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: 2017-18 Phoenix Suns Season Thread

Post by UAEebs86 »

JMarkJohns wrote:I don’t like Gambo as a journalist or personality, but he’s Sarver’s mouthpiece and he says Suns are 100% on Ayton.

He needs to be right.

I’m out if it isn’t.

Amen brother
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

JMJ speaks for all of us.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They will draft Ayton. I also think they will package that second first round pick with Marquis Christ and try and move up
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

JMarkJohns wrote:I don’t like Gambo as a journalist or personality, but he’s Sarver’s mouthpiece and he says Suns are 100% on Ayton.

He needs to be right.

I’m out if it isn’t.
Wow I hope Sarver's mouth piece is right. Sarver is the kind of person that would promise Silver he'd take Luka if we got 1 and he even hired the serbian coach from the Jazz to show he "would". But then he pulls a Sarver and takes the best prospect to ever come from his Alma mater. Please let Gambo be right. This is the last chance I'm giving the Sun's.

Don't fuck this up Sun's take Ayton he graduated hs in AZ and went to college here, it sells it self. Best storyline to make money and most talented player in draft at a position of need. He's a generational talent at C. His ceiling is though the roof.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

He needs to be right.

I’m out if it isn’t.
Here's a fun question and I'm asking you because you're the zen master of this shit, what would it take for Vlade to give us the 2nd pick? Would 16, 31, next year's 1st, Milwaukee and/or future Miami pick be enough? Now if the Kings were run by anything competent I wouldn't even dare ask this question, but yeah it's Vlade, so do you think it's possible Phx can make a play at the 2nd pick and we walk out of here with Deandre and Luka?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

He needs to be right.

I’m out if it isn’t.
100 percent this
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Haven't watched a full Suns game in years. I was a religious follower during the 80's and 90's. Might have to tune in now.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

He Sucks. He is annoying. He is dumb. Same can be said for everyone on Arizona Sports. But as JMJ said, he is the mouthpiece between the Suns and Cardinals and sometimes the D-Backs and the valley sports fans. If he is 100% on this, I trust that the pick is in and that it is Ayton and that is why the GM was so excited, because he got his guy, Ayton
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:Enjoy watching Ayton dominate in a Kings uniform, Suns Fans!
Lol fuck yeah! (Ain’t happening, I bet suns do the smart thing and take ayton.)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This might make me start caring about the suns again if it happens. Have cared in about 10-12 years.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Have not actively followed the Suns for almost 10 years after them being my 2nd bball love (after UA) since the mid 80s. Ayton in Phx would get me to give them another shot...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:This might make me start caring about the suns again if it happens. Have cared in about 10-12 years.
yep. i think the last full game i watched was in about 2008-2009
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:

He needs to be right.

I’m out if it isn’t.
Here's a fun question and I'm asking you because you're the zen master of this shit, what would it take for Vlade to give us the 2nd pick? Would 16, 31, next year's 1st, Milwaukee and/or future Miami pick be enough? Now if the Kings were run by anything competent I wouldn't even dare ask this question, but yeah it's Vlade, so do you think it's possible Phx can make a play at the 2nd pick and we walk out of here with Deandre and Luka?
If I'm the Suns, I'd be trying to get in the 7th or 8th spot for Sexton. They'd have to pay too much for #2 and Sexton, Booker, Jackson, Chriss/Bender and Ayton is a really good, young starting lineup. I'm a Sexton fan, but I don't see a big enough difference between Doncic and Sexton to justify what it would take.

They might realistically get Sexton for Bender/Chriss and 16. Add 31 and I think they can do it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Really happy for the suns and Ayton but man, I just feel this whole NBS lottery pick is anything but a lottery. Too much coincidence over the last several years. Oh well, go Ayton!!!! Cats will now have a #1. He couldn't get Miller to the FF but he got us something we have never had
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:Really happy for the suns and Ayton but man, I just feel this whole NBS lottery pick is anything but a lottery. Too much coincidence over the last several years. Oh well, go Ayton!!!! Cats will now have a #1. He couldn't get Miller to the FF but he got us something we have never had
1580 (By far the best all around station in Phoenix and the station with the Wildcat Country show which had U of A Athletics employees call out some of our fans which was amazing) just had the Suns rep for the lottery on and after hearing his experience, it is 100% clean.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Of course I would say that too after I got the prize LOL
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:Of course I would say that too after I got the prize LOL

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

He needs to be right.

I’m out if it isn’t.
If I'm the Suns, I'd be trying to get in the 7th or 8th spot for Sexton. They'd have to pay too much for #2 and Sexton, Booker, Jackson, Chriss/Bender and Ayton is a really good, young starting lineup. I'm a Sexton fan, but I don't see a big enough difference between Doncic and Sexton to justify what it would take.

They might realistically get Sexton for Bender/Chriss and 16. Add 31 and I think they can do it.
Yeah I was just a little drunk and going off the the Doncic didn't want to play for Sacramento stuff when I brought that up. A more realistic option is for the Suns to move up from 16 and getting somebody else they really like. I'm not sure if Sexton is the guy I want next to Booker, but I wouldn't hate it either. As far as I'm concerned 16, 31, one of Bender/Chriss, TJ Warren, Bucks pick, Heat pick are all on the table for moving up for the right guy. If we stay at 16 though Chandler Hutchinson is my guy and I pray that Jalen Brunson is there at 31.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

He needs to be right.

I’m out if it isn’t.

Yeah I was just a little drunk and going off the the Doncic didn't want to play for Sacramento stuff when I brought that up. A more realistic option is for the Suns to move up from 16 and getting somebody else they really like. I'm not sure if Sexton is the guy I want next to Booker, but I wouldn't hate it either. As far as I'm concerned 16, 31, one of Bender/Chriss, TJ Warren, Bucks pick, Heat pick are all on the table for moving up for the right guy. If we stay at 16 though Chandler Hutchinson is my guy and I pray that Jalen Brunson is there at 31.
The perfect U of A fan storm would be to flip Chriss or Bender maybe Warren and the 16 to Orlando in a sign and trade for Aaron Gordon.

The Suns have two holes if they pick Ayton, PG and PF. Consolidating their remaining assets for one would be good for them.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Sure are a lot of Suns fans that want Doncic.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:Sure are a lot of Suns fans that want Doncic.
Where are you seeing this? I have only seen/heard a few say they want him. Almost everyone is saying Ayton (even asu alumni) or trade the pick for KAT
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Where are you seeing this? I have only seen/heard a few say they want him. Almost everyone is saying Ayton (even asu alumni) or trade the pick for KAT
Twitter and other web forums. Primarily the rhetoric is that Ayton can't defend, has a low basketball IQ, and are centers even important in today's NBA. The first two are so dumb.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

https://nesn.com/2018/05/nba-rumors-sun ... an-player/" target="_blank

Phoenix Suns GM ‘Open’ To Trading No. 1 Draft Pick For Veteran Player
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Jefe wrote:https://nesn.com/2018/05/nba-rumors-sun ... an-player/

Phoenix Suns GM ‘Open’ To Trading No. 1 Draft Pick For Veteran Player
No he's not. He wouldn't trade the #4 pick for Kyrie. he's not trading the #1 unless.....Karl Anthony Towns
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Fri May 18, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sure are a lot of stupid Suns fans.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Ayton or we riot.
-JB
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UAEebs86 wrote:Ayton or we riot.
With the news that Karl Towns may be on the outs in Minnesota I'm at the Towns or riot stage.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

ChooChooCat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Ayton or we riot.
With the news that Karl Towns may be on the outs in Minnesota I'm at the Towns or riot stage.
I’m right there.

#1/#16 on 2018
Bucks Future 1st
Heat Future 1st
Warren
Dudley

For

Towns

Then draft Brunson with #31/2nds (if needed to trade up)

Then, waive/stretch Chandler, making up roughly 45 million in CAP.

Max offer Capela
MLE Exum

PG: Knight, Exum, Brunson
SG: Booker, Exum
SF: Jackson, Daniels
PF: KAT, Chriss
C: Capela, Bender

That actually looks like something.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The Suns are just throwing out smoke screens in order to hide who they truly want. That way no team can grab that player ahead of them. :lol:
-JB