Lakers

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: Lakers

Post by Longhorned »

The point is that Suns fans will get nothing and like it!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:37 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:28 pm You Suns fans are hilarious. Do you think you would have been a #2 seed if the Lakers had a healthy Lebron and AD plus the plethora of other injuries the Lakers have had including Kuzma and KCP?

Just enjoy your fortune and take advantage of a fortunate situation.
If healthy the Lakers should be the #1 seed.

And if CP3 was hurt all year, the Suns may have been in the play-in game.... what's your point?
You are the one crowing about what Lakers fans are saying about AD being out with a groin injury which could mean he is out for the rest of the series. And btw, KCP is also out so that’s two Laker starters that could be missing.

If you think the CP3 shoulder boo-boo, which had only impacted him for a couple of games, is the same compared to the Lakers continuous injury plague then I can’t help you.

Injuries happen. It’s a part of the game. Take advantage and STFU.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:37 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:28 pm You Suns fans are hilarious. Do you think you would have been a #2 seed if the Lakers had a healthy Lebron and AD plus the plethora of other injuries the Lakers have had including Kuzma and KCP?

Just enjoy your fortune and take advantage of a fortunate situation.
If healthy the Lakers should be the #1 seed.

And if CP3 was hurt all year, the Suns may have been in the play-in game.... what's your point?
You are the one crowing about what Lakers fans are saying about AD being out with a groin injury which could mean he is out for the rest of the series. And btw, KCP is also out so that’s two Laker starters that could be missing.

If you think the CP3 shoulder boo-boo, which had only impacted him for a couple of games, is the same compared to the Lakers continuous injury plague then I can’t help you.

Injuries happen. It’s a part of the game. Take advantage and STFU.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If AD is slowed down by this injury- of course it's going to impact this series.

But if you don't think CP3's injury affected games 2-3... I'm out of words....
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Now just hold on right there. There's no crowing. This isn't about this series. This is about losing Lew Alcindor to a coin flip. And the greatest game of all time ending in a triple time loss. And trading Dennis Johnson for Rick Robie. And Danny Manning's broken foot. I don't even need to reach the current millennium. But that's what you're not understanding. This isn't about 2021.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

You forgot Armon Gilliam instead of David Robinson.

Carry on...
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:33 pm If AD is slowed down by this injury- of course it's going to impact this series.

But if you don't think CP3's injury affected games 2-3... I'm out of words....
I never said CP3’s injury didn’t affect the last 2 games so not sure where you are getting that from.

I just said comparing CP3 to AD was ludicrous. If before the series started you had to lose both players from each team who do you think the advantage would go to?

The Suns every day and twice on Sunday.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Looks like AD will be out for game 5.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Between his knee & groin, he isn't going to be very productive for the rest of the series. What a gift for the Suns but with the fix in, I guess Ayton & cp3 will foul out of every game after 10 minutes of play. The Lakers will win game 7 with LeBron hitting game winning ft's with no time left on the clock
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The Lakers should just tank game 5 and try to come back somewhat healthier for game 6 and possibly a game 7.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:50 pm The Lakers should just tank game 5 and try to come back somewhat healthier for game 6 and possibly a game 7.
See... I knew we could find common ground!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:50 pm The Lakers should just tank game 5 and try to come back somewhat healthier for game 6 and possibly a game 7.
You should tank game 6 as well just to be sure.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

You guys do realize that “tank” in Lakers parlance is to call the league and maker sure Foster refs the game so that CP3, Booker and Ayton are all tossed before halftime.

;)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Father Time: 1 LBJ: 0
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Is Lebron also taking the night off?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I was made promises of a fix-like nature and so far they have not been kept.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Alieberman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:51 pm Is Lebron also taking the night off?
Of course. In his discussions with Adam Silver, he was told to tank game 5 so that he could win in game 7.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Lebron exerting soooo much energy and only making up 1 point on the deficit. Waste that juice for game 6.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That was a good old fashioned ass-kicking. Sure hope the Lakers tanked it like I suggested but I see some troubling signs besides AD being out.
KCP was non-existent.
Schroder was abysmal.

They are ripe for the kill. If I were a Suns fan I would want the dagger to be plunged in Game 6.

Otherwise, the League/Refs/UA President & AD will get involved in a Game 7.
;)
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'm confused, I was guaranteed a Laker series win :P
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

An honest question for you Laker fans-

Do you actually like this team? I mean, AD and Lebron are all time greats... but the rest of this team is nothing special (to be kind)

I say this because besides the big 3 of the Suns... I'm just loving Cam Payne, Crowder and Bridges.... they are playing great and are a fun bunch to root for. Honestly, besides Frank Kaminsky, I'm loving this entire Suns roster.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Not a Lakers fan but aside from game 5, I can see the appeal of Schröder, and also Drummond, who's kind of a bad ass. I'd get behind Gasol as a kind of a fat ghost of Pau, too. Plus Kuzma has that kind of prototypical Laker role player appeal, if you're used to rooting for handsome helpers with that vague West LA rich young man privilege vibe, like Rick Fox. But whereas most fanbases would be awash in shocked gratitude for coming off a championship, I can see how Laker fans would look obliquely at Lebron as something other than arguably the GOAT, and how there's no room for him on the Mt. Rushmore of Laker greats if we're all going to be this nervous about whether he won't be able to find that next gear and win an opening round series against the Suns, who, through a Lakers lens (sunglasses), are an organization populated and backed by people unable to earn the kind of self-satisfied smile of a man who can answer to no greater authority of than the dictates of his own awesomeness from being born into a fandom supported by God. And let's be very clear about that: The only thing God truly cares about is the Lakers.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Longhorned wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:40 am Not a Lakers fan but aside from game 5, I can see the appeal of Schröder, and also Drummond, who's kind of a bad ass. I'd get behind Gasol as a kind of a fat ghost of Pau, too. Plus Kuzma has that kind of prototypical Laker role player appeal, if you're used to rooting for handsome helpers with that vague West LA rich young man privilege vibe, like Rick Fox. But whereas most fanbases would be awash in shocked gratitude for coming off a championship, I can see how Laker fans would look obliquely at Lebron as something other than arguably the GOAT, and how there's no room for him on the Mt. Rushmore of Laker greats if we're all going to be this nervous about whether he won't be able to find that next gear and win an opening round series against the Suns, who, through a Lakers lens (sunglasses), are an organization populated and backed by people unable to earn the kind of self-satisfied smile of a man who can answer to no greater authority of than the dictates of his own awesomeness from being born into a fandom supported by God. And let's be very clear about that: The only thing God truly cares about is the Lakers.
And thus why AL wanted a response from Laker fans...sigh.
Last edited by EastCoastCat on Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:07 am An honest question for you Laker fans-

Do you actually like this team? I mean, AD and Lebron are all time greats... but the rest of this team is nothing special (to be kind)

I say this because besides the big 3 of the Suns... I'm just loving Cam Payne, Crowder and Bridges.... they are playing great and are a fun bunch to root for. Honestly, besides Frank Kaminsky, I'm loving this entire Suns roster.
So I've been a Lakers fan since the Jerry West/Gail Goodrich/Wilt era so I will respond to your question unlike some posters that have reading comprehension problems. :P

Personally, I am not very emotionally invested in this team. Am I happy they won the Championship last year to tie the Celtics overall, hell yes!
But this team does not have the same personality as some of Laker teams a la Riley/Magic/Worthy or Jackson/Shaq/Kobe. Yeah, Lebron is an all-time great and anybody would want him on their team but he's at the end of his career and has never done it for me for some reason. AD is too new and has potential but he breaks down a lot so we will see what his Laker career will be like. Kuzma is and always will be a complimentary player and I am so far meh with KCP, Schroeder and Harrell.

There is no Showtime or Black Mamba aura with this team - and Laker fans like aura's. So while I will root for this team, I don't love them or connect with them as I do with some of the all-time Laker teams if that is your question.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:29 pm
Alieberman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:07 am An honest question for you Laker fans-

So I've been a Lakers fan since the Jerry West/Gail Goodrich/Wilt era so I will respond to your question unlike some posters that have reading comprehension problems. :P

Personally, I am not very emotionally invested in this team. Am I happy they won the Championship last year to tie the Celtics overall, hell yes!
But this team does not have the same personality as some of Laker teams a la Riley/Magic/Worthy or Jackson/Shaq/Kobe. Yeah, Lebron is an all-time great and anybody would want him on their team but he's at the end of his career and has never done it for me for some reason. AD is too new and has potential but he breaks down a lot so we will see what his Laker career will be like. Kuzma is and always will be a complimentary player and I am so far meh with KCP, Schroeder and Harrell.

There is no Showtime or Black Mamba aura with this team - and Laker fans like aura's. So while I will root for this team, I don't love them or connect with them as I do with some of the all-time Laker teams if that is your question.
I'm obviously a Laker hater... always have been.... but I can totally understand loving the Showtime Lakers the Kobe/Shaq Lakers and the Kobe Lakers 2.0. These teams are memorable not only for the stars but for the supporting cast.... I can still rattle off a long list of non all HOFers from all of these teams.

There just doesn't seem like ANY memorable players on this team (outside of AD and Bron)
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

And talk about supporting cast - there is no Horry/Scott/Rambis/Fisher/McAdoo/Cooper/Fox type on this team as well.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:01 pm And talk about supporting cast - there is no Horry/Scott/Rambis/Fisher/McAdoo/Cooper/Fox type on this team as well.
That's what I'm talking about.... even today I can remember each of those guys making huge contributions in their title runs.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

AD will be game time decision it looks like.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

It doesn't matter, 8 on 5 tonight. We got this ;)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Drama
6 hours later
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

AD is done...
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I don't ever want to hear anyone talking about LeBron being the GOAT....

I cannot beleive how passive he's been these last 2 games...
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

LeBron is 36, he's not a spring chicken anymore. He can't do it on his own
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:14 pm I don't ever want to hear anyone talking about LeBron being the GOAT....

I cannot beleive how passive he's been these last 2 games...
You'd think it wouldnt come down to a postseason game in his 18th year to clinch his GOAT status, but here we are.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Grant Hill keeps praising the Lakers play... what game is he watching?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Also, because all the supporting cast has sucked at 3's, it has allowed the Suns to shut off driving lanes for LeBron
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

A flagrant foul on the Lakers = 2 techs called on PHX.

Hillarious
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:54 pm A flagrant foul on the Lakers = 2 techs called on PHX.

Hillarious
And they went back and reviewed the PREVIOUS possession to give Craig the T. LOL
-JB
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Lol, Lakersground.net down.

*edit and they're back up. Must have had some melting down. I'm a Hater, but I do like LG game threads.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I like this team despite Lebron and AD. Kind of can’t wait for Lebron to retire. He’s just got too little tread left on his tires.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Good to see them fighting finally
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

FT's 20-12. The fix is in...for Phx
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Goodbye Lakers!!!!!!!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Mavs-Jazz, Suns-Nuggets conf semis would be.. crazy

Looks like it'll be the Eastern Conference's turn to win it all this year. Bucks/Nets on a different level.