Grant Jerrett agrees on multi-year deal

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

Grant Jerrett agrees on multi-year deal

Post by Irish27 »

Congrats to former Cat Grant Jerrett. I know there are many who do not like Grant but he is a Wildcat, even if it was for only one year.

http://newsok.com/okc-grant-jerrett-rep ... le/4998730
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
SCCat

Re: Grant Jerrett agrees on multi-year deal

Post by SCCat »

I'll be very interested to see the terms of the contract.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Can multiple years in the same organization still be considered a pit stop?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

I understood the bitterness from fans, but what never made sense was this thought that he wouldn't make it in the NBA, even as a second rounder. I mean, you're just lying to yourself at that point to make yourself feel better about his early departure. He's tall, long, skilled and can shoot the 3 ball. It will take time for him to develop, like most guys, but he will get there and, barring injury, should have a long career.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I don't wish him ill. Good for him
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

thenewazcats wrote:I understood the bitterness from fans, but what never made sense was this thought that he wouldn't make it in the NBA, even as a second rounder. I mean, you're just lying to yourself at that point to make yourself feel better about his early departure. He's tall, long, skilled and can shoot the 3 ball. It will take time for him to develop, like most guys, but he will get there and, barring injury, should have a long career.
I don't think many people thought he wouldn't ultimately succeed in the League (unless it were from lack of opportunity/visibility). Many people, myself included, did not want to see him profit by jilting the UA in the way he did. As of now, it's likely a wash, because there would have been a great opportunity for Grant to showcase his skills this past season, and he very likely would have been drafted higher than he was the previous year.

So all's well in the world. Good luck in the future Mr. Jerrett.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Puerco wrote:
thenewazcats wrote:I understood the bitterness from fans, but what never made sense was this thought that he wouldn't make it in the NBA, even as a second rounder. I mean, you're just lying to yourself at that point to make yourself feel better about his early departure. He's tall, long, skilled and can shoot the 3 ball. It will take time for him to develop, like most guys, but he will get there and, barring injury, should have a long career.
I don't think many people thought he wouldn't ultimately succeed in the League (unless it were from lack of opportunity/visibility). Many people, myself included, did not want to see him profit by jilting the UA in the way he did. As of now, it's likely a wash, because there would have been a great opportunity for Grant to showcase his skills this past season, and he very likely would have been drafted higher than he was the previous year.

Agree, best of luck Grant.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Puerco wrote:

Agree, best of luck Grant.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

It's a two year deal for just over two million dollars. It is believed that the first year is guaranteed. He will be out for approximately the next six months after undergoing recent ankle surgery. That is a problem that plagued him off and on all last season. Although he did not play a minute in the NBA last season he will not be considered a rookie this coming year but rather a second year player.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Sure beats the $24K D League salary.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Who is Grant Jerrett?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

So he mad around $70K (at least that's what it seems) last year and will make $1M this upcoming year with what looks like a team option for $1M the next year.

I don't think it's too hard to say he would've made more money (and potentially significantly more money) staying and developing at Arizona.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

SCCat wrote:So he mad around $70K (at least that's what it seems) last year and will make $1M this upcoming year with what looks like a team option for $1M the next year.

I don't think it's too hard to say he would've made more money (and potentially significantly more money) staying and developing at Arizona.

I would thinks so, and now won't have the Wears to push him around like he was an 8th grader.