Luka Doncic

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Catintheheat

Luka Doncic

Post by Catintheheat »

I want to make clear that I believe Deandre Ayton is going to be one of the best players in his time in the NBA. And I don't blame the Phoenix Suns for drafting him. Like Hakeem Olajuwon was a good pick for the Houston Rockets as the first pick, a person who helped in 2 NBA Championships, in hindsight he was not the best pick in the 84 NBA draft. Michael Jordan, as the 3rd pick, is history. I feel the same way last summer. Ayton was a good pick, and when he fully develops will be one of the best players in his generation. Safe pick. Doncic was chosen 3rd by the Atlanta Hawks and traded to Dallas for Trae Young (who is a good player in his own right). The only question of the 2018 NBA draft is Sacramento chosing Bagley as the second pick. What were they thinking?

Observing 19 year old Luka Doncic this season. It becomes apparent he on his way to being one of the best players every in the NBA. He is already seasoned. He is not super athletic, net he has an incredible basketball IQ. The player he reminds me of most is Larry Bird. Last season in the Euroleague he won the MVP at age 18. If you don't follow the Euroleague understand it is considered the 2nd best league in the world, far surpassing the NCAA. A 19 year old MVP is unheard of. Furthermore, I believe he has the potential (and it wouldn't surprise me) that Doncic has the ability to be the best player in the NBA of all time. And I am cheering for him. It will mean basketball has come of age where being a player from other than the US (Doncic is from Slovenia) doesn't matter. To me it means basketball has fully matured, and come of age. It was the most followed sport in the world behind soccer. I think this video best expresses my feeling about Doncic. He is only 19, which makes it more amazing.

[youtube]www.youtube.com/embed/O9RT5z3oU8g[/youtube]
JMarkJohns

Re: Luka Doncic

Post by JMarkJohns »

Doncic was on the same tier as Ayton for me. I had Ayton tips because of the elite level physical gifts.

Doncic is everything as advertised and has done a great job manipulating defenses like a veteran to avoid his limitations becoming exploited.