2019 NBA Draft

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NYCat

2019 NBA Draft

Post by NYCat »

Beachcat97

Re: 2019 NBA Draft

Post by Beachcat97 »

The actual teams picking at those spots is going to look different by draft day. I really, really doubt the Lakers keep that pick.

Aside from Zion, are there any instant-impact players in this draft? Like, guys who can be the difference between contending and not contending next season.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:The actual teams picking at those spots is going to look different by draft day. I really, really doubt the Lakers keep that pick.

Aside from Zion, are there any instant-impact players in this draft? Like, guys who can be the difference between contending and not contending next season.
How many NBA rookies actually change the fortunes of their teams like that in their first year? I don’t think Zion makes N.O. an instant contender. Ayton didn’t. Trae Young didn’t. Neither did LeBron James or Michael Jordan. NBA just doesn’t seem to work that way.

You are right about the draft order though. Knicks have to move out of that 3rd spot. Can they somehow flip it to New Orleans so they can pick RJ Barrett in a three way trade and get Anthony Davis?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:The actual teams picking at those spots is going to look different by draft day. I really, really doubt the Lakers keep that pick.

How many NBA rookies actually change the fortunes of their teams like that in their first year? I don’t think Zion makes N.O. an instant contender. Ayton didn’t. Trae Young didn’t. Neither did LeBron James or Michael Jordan. NBA just doesn’t seem to work that way.

You are right about the draft order though. Knicks have to move out of that 3rd spot. Can they somehow flip it to New Orleans so they can pick RJ Barrett in a three way trade and get Anthony Davis?
Pelicans were a weird team. They played great when healthy, were rarely healthy, played average, and then Davis submarined the second half with the trade demand.

If he plays, adding Zion and a perimeter scorer/shooter, they will be a damn good ram. Maybe 25 win difference.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So is Zion going threaten to return to Duke to force NO into trading their pick?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?