Shawn Bradley

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Shawn Bradley

Post by UAdevil »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/17/us/dalla ... index.html

(CNN)Former Dallas Mavericks center Shawn Bradley was left paralyzed after a car struck him from behind while he was riding his bicycle in January, the team said.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Re: Shawn Bradley

Post by Merkin »

Reads like he is a paraplegic? Although it was his neck so could be worse.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

How do you fail to notice a 7’ 5” guy on a five foot tall bicycle?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Merkin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:13 am Reads like he is a paraplegic? Although it was his neck so could be worse.

Yeah, the articles I've read state that he is paraplegic.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

As a bike rider, it doesn't surprise me that someone didn't see him. Distracted driving is the norm now. It is also why I rarely ride on roads and why gravel biking is the new trend. Cyclist don't want to drive on roads with traffic anymore. We have seen too many of our friends get hit by cars. I know several people who were hit in Tucson and a few died. It sucks and most cyclist I know don't ride on roads like they used too. My wife and I mostly stick to bike paths or trails. It's just not worth the risk of getting hit.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I remember when I was living in Tucson in the early 80's. Some distracted driver hit some young woman on a bicycle, which took her leg off and tossed it 100 feet.

My dad used to be a big bicycle rider in Tucson. Maybe the late 80's he was riding his bicycle. Some car cut him off and he went flying and cracked some ribs, which he said was the most pain he has felt. Every breath was like a knife cutting into him and he had to have a hospital bed brought in. Never got on a bicycle again after that.