Passing

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Catintheheat

Passing

Post by Catintheheat »

I like great passing better than great shooting. It is an art. I want to know who others think are the greatests passers in the NBA . I would like to see some compilation videos of the greatest passers.

The 3 that come to mind right away are Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Jason Kidd. And Dennis Rodman outlet passing is very underrated.

I believe Larry Bird was the GOAT in touch passing and outlet passing. I also thing Bird has one of the best at hustling.

I'd love to see other compilations. I will post videos of great passers when I see them.

There is this guy called MerkinMuffly that put out a decent video in Bird's passing. Not very good resolution though.

The last video isn't very good. I'm more intrigued by MerkinMuffly releasing it. Here is a better video of Bird's passing. What it doesn't show is Bird's outlet passing, which I believe is the best ever in the NBA.

Better video of Bird's short and touch passes.

EastCoastCat

Re: Passing

Post by EastCoastCat »

John Stockton has to be on that tier. Not the flair of Magic and Bird but Stockton-to-Malone was a household term for a decade or more.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Wes Unseld had the greatest outlet pass ever in my book. I saw him with two hand on the ball outlet it almost the length of the court one time.

So many great passers in NBA history it’s hard to find one. Is it by Assists, degree of difficulty or maybe just by court vision? I always felt both Bird and Magic were right up there
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

azcat49 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:17 am Wes Unseld had the greatest outlet pass ever in my book. I saw him with two hand on the ball outlet it almost the length of the court one time.
Speaking of outlet passes, Bill Walton has to rank right up there too.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Jason Williams (White Chocolate) made some of the greatest passes I’ve ever seen. He’ll likely never get known as a great pure PG because his game was so surprisingly flashy, but he set his teammates up beautifully, especially on the break.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Catintheheat wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:10 am I'm more intrigued by MerkinMuffly releasing it
What the hell!

As I am a Michigan boy, have to go with Magic instead of that dufus from French Lick though. Magic averaged double digits in assists while with the Lakers, and had 9 seasons with double digit assists.

Bird also destroyed the Pistons in 87 with his last second steal of a Isiah Thomas pass in the game 5 finals. I couldn't even watch the rest of the series after that since I knew it was over then.

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Magic is by far my favorite player of all time, can never get enough clips of him!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Magic was also a much nicer person outside of basketball, or at least he seemed to be. Bird always seemed to be a dick.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Merkin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:52 am Magic was also a much nicer person outside of basketball, or at least he seemed to be. Bird always seemed to be a dick.
If you haven't seen the Magic vs. Bird documentary it's a must see.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Oscar Robertson wasn't too shabby.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Some of those Magic Johnson pass moves I could swear I was watching Jim Rappis.

I wonder what could have been if Rappis had two good ankles.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.