2015 Arizona Cardinals

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: 2015 Arizona Cardinals

Post by azgreg »

WildcatStunner wrote:I heard Johnny "Football" Manziel is available!
catgrad97 wrote:I mentioned RGIII, but really the organization just needs to get serious about developing a young athlete at QB. You don't win Super Bowls with 30-year-old free agent QBs.
Like I said. Who can they get who's better?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

How about this Cam Newton guy from Auburn? How do you get one of those?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Fuck I'm depressed
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Jesus some of you guys are jokes when it comes to the Cardinals. Same old Cardinals, get outta here with that shit. Same old Cardinals is a 4-12 team passing on Brian Urlacher for Tommy Knight. Will gladly take a beating in the NFC title game over watching some of those old teams.

The Cards currently have one of the best run front offices in the league and one loss to a really good football team isn't going to change that fact. They might have played like shit, but there are much worse things then losing in a big game. Just go watch the Suns and DBacks toil away in irrelevancy for a few years and get back to me on this being the same old Cardinals.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

The Goat wrote:Jesus some of you guys are jokes when it comes to the Cardinals. Same old Cardinals, get outta here with that shit. Same old Cardinals is a 4-12 team passing on Brian Urlacher for Tommy Knight. Will gladly take a beating in the NFC title game over watching some of those old teams.

The Cards currently have one of the best run front offices in the league and one loss to a really good football team isn't going to change that fact. They might have played like shit, but there are much worse things then losing in a big game. Just go watch the Suns and DBacks toil away in irrelevancy for a few years and get back to me on this being the same old Cardinals.
Yeah... This team, as mostly presently constructed, has had no fewer than 10 wins each of the last three seasons. They've made the playoffs back to back years. They set records on offense for their history. They've beaten some very good teams, including Seattle twice in Seattle. They continually find steals of the draft in the 3-5th rounds. They continually find value veterans to add depth.

They aren't the same OL Cardinals, no matter how ugly it got.

That's why I'm depressed. These teams have changed expectations.

I expected better.

Old Cardinals I expected a loss every game. I could shrug off a beat down.

This hit me like a surprise cannon ball to the gut.

As for Palmer, people say the finger. I think that factors in. But I think slowly he started making poor decisions, especially in the red zone. That's something that can be fixed.

They need OL/DL/LB depth. They need to find some downhill pass rushers.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The Goat wrote:Jesus some of you guys are jokes when it comes to the Cardinals. Same old Cardinals, get outta here with that shit. Same old Cardinals is a 4-12 team passing on Brian Urlacher for Tommy Knight. Will gladly take a beating in the NFC title game over watching some of those old teams.

I don't read to much into it. I see it as a fan base who is extremely disappointed after being eliminated from the playoffs after having high expectations. I'm also pretty confident that consumption of adult beverages came into play as well. :D
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

JMarkJohns wrote:

Yeah... This team, as mostly presently constructed, has had no fewer than 10 wins each of the last three seasons. They've made the playoffs back to back years. They set records on offense for their history. They've beaten some very good teams, including Seattle twice in Seattle. They continually find steals of the draft in the 3-5th rounds. They continually find value veterans to add depth.

They aren't the same OL Cardinals, no matter how ugly it got.

That's why I'm depressed. These teams have changed expectations.

I expected better.

Old Cardinals I expected a loss every game. I could shrug off a beat down.

This hit me like a surprise cannon ball to the gut.

As for Palmer, people say the finger. I think that factors in. But I think slowly he started making poor decisions, especially in the red zone. That's something that can be fixed.

They need OL/DL/LB depth. They need to find some downhill pass rushers.
Great post. Definitely need some OL/DL/LB and even some fresh blood at CB. I'll be curious if they draft a developmental QB in this draft. May be in prime position to draft a Cardale Jones in round 5 or so.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

These are the guys whose contracts are up:

Jerraud Powers
Drew Stanton
Sean Weatherspoon
Rashad Johnson
Jermaine Gresham
Ted Larsen
Bobby Massie
Lyle Sendlein
Chris Johnson
Tony Jefferson
Jaron Brown
Chris Clemons
Drew Butler
Kenny Demens
Mike Leach
Dwight Freeney
LaMarr Woddley
Darren Fells
Red Bryant
Bradley Sowell
Corey White
D.J. Swearinger
Ifeanyi Momah
Travis Harvey
Jason Babin

Who do we want to keep?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/" target="_blank
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Peace out Massie.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Let's fuckin go
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

HUGE pickup. Most of the Cards core is locked up outside Mathieu and Jones is gonna get a monster deal from us.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

TucsonClip wrote:HUGE pickup. Most of the Cards core is locked up outside Mathieu and Jones is gonna get a monster deal from us.
Am I allowed to be Drew Stanton level of excited right now?

It's a hefty price, but I like it! Cooper was a huge unknown and Jones is better than a late 2nd!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Isn't this the guy who had that strange synthetic marijuana episode last season?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

azgreg wrote:Isn't this the guy who had that strange synthetic marijuana episode last season?
He had some off-field issue, but Cardinals culture is a healing one.

Since 2012 he's tallied 200+ tackles, 36 sacks, and 10 forced fumbles.

That's up there with Watt.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Evan Mathis to Cardinals for 1 year, 6 million.

Run blocking is better, but Mathis is only average as pass blocker, and he's now on the side with Humphries, so, that could be interesting.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cardinals trade out of the 1st for some late 2nd and 3rds and stock up on a few 2-4 round OLs.

Gonna be interesting to see if they look at Carlos Dansby, who was waived, and who has said he officially cares more about competing for a ring. Arizona could use a veteran ILB.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Mathis is a great pickup. Will likely be the best lineman on the line and is a massive upgrade over what was thrown out there. If the Cards could work something out with Leon Hall and Karlos Dansby the early part of FA will be damn near an A+.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Has anybody had a chance to see the show on Amazon about the Cardinals? All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals

I watched the first episode last night and thought it was well done.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I watched the whole thing. Highly recommended. Good look inside an NFL season.