Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Rams back to LA?

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER!

Re: Rams back to LA?

Post by ASUHATER! »

Would be great for the league and city
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

How does that affect Farmer's Field? I don't watch any NFL, so really don't know what's going on, just saw that on Twitter.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

http://www.farmersfield.com/

Who Is Involved

Developer: AEG
Project Manger: ICON Venue Group, LLC
Design Firm: Gensler

Stadium Specs
• Seats: 68,000, expandable to 78,000 for special events like the Super Bowl or NCAA Final Four
• Location: Downtown Los Angeles at the current West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, alongside the STAPLES Center and L.A. Live.
• Size: Total new Event Center would be 1,700,000 gross sq. ft. with a retractable roof.
• Funding: $1 billion investment for the development of Farmers Field, all privately funded (this means no debt for the City of Los Angeles).
• Parking: 32,000 parking spaces within a 15-minute walk to Farmers Field are already in operation.
• Traffic: To limit congestion, Farmers Field will utilize four freeways and over 20 interchanges (on/off ramps), and continue to use the successful traffic and parking model employed by STAPLES Center, L.A. LIVE, and the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Our Vision for the Stadium and Convention Center

Attract the most iconic events
• Biggest and best domestic and internal conventions that attract thousands of visiting attendees annually.
• Sporting and entertainment event that showcase the best athletes and stars.
• Finally bringing the best game in America — professional football — back to L.A.

Redefine the LACC product to attract the biggest and best conventions
• Contiguous hall space is critical to the success of exhibits and tradeshows. This is our chance as a City to fix the LACC once and for all.
• Increased square footage

Retain existing business
• Remodeled New Pico Hall with be open before the West Hall is constructed into Farmers Field making sure that no events currently booked are disrupted.

Adhere to our environmental standards and guidelines
• AEG strives is committed to making Farmers Field one of the most environmentally friendly stadiums in the world.

Immediate Impact

When completed, Farmers Field and the expanded convention center will immediately position downtown L.A. as one of the nation’s premier destinations for sports, entertainment, and conventions.

Farmers Field allows Los Angeles to finally compete for many of the top 50 conventions the current Los Angeles Convention Center is too small to host. The dramatically improved event space will attract an estimated 80 annual event days and increase economic activity in the downtown core.

The Los Angeles Convention Center currently ranks 15th in the United States by size, However, with the addition of Farmers Field and the New Pico Hall, the LACC would be in the top 5 in the U.S.

Our entire city will benefit from higher hotel occupancy rates, more jobs, and better access to important, innovative industry events.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote: Finally bringing the best game in America — professional football — back to L.A.
What does that mean, 2 NFL teams? Or is the new Rams' field just an attempt to get St Louis to pony up more dough?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

It sounds to me like they want to build it regardless.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Whether it's the rams, raiders or chargers and whether it's in Inglewood, downtown, the coliseum or the rose bowl, at least one team will be in L.A. by the 2017 season.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So psyched to be a fan of the LA Rams again.

But what's with the roof? Seems useless.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:So psyched to be a fan of the LA Rams again.

But what's with the roof? Seems useless.
It's the Harbor Freight tarp that ASSu decided not to use.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders have had as bitter a rivalry as any in the NFL

Really? I don't watch NFL football at all, but that is something I have not heard about.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Interesting site...basically the 110/405 interchange in Carson/Torrance in way sw L.A.

SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Merkin wrote: the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders have had as bitter a rivalry as any in the NFL

Really? I don't watch NFL football at all, but that is something I have not heard about.
Having been to Raider/Charger games in San Diego I can attest that it is pretty serious/bitter/hard core.

As for the Raiders themselves, I basically don't think it's possible for them to be a consistent playoff team (and possibly even an occasional playoff team) until they get their stadium situation figured out (and by figured out I mean they end up as a tenant in a new stadium somewhere).
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl- ... Afoxsports

The Inglewood City Council late Tuesday night approved plans to build a football stadium that includes St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke as a partner, clearing a path for a return to the Los Angeles area of the NFL for the first time in two decades.
The council approved the $2 billion plan with a 5-0 vote after a meeting with several hours of public comment and many vocal Rams fans wearing jerseys in attendance.
The vote adopts a new redevelopment plan without calling a public vote, effectively kickstarting construction and sidestepping lengthy environmental review of issues such as noise, traffic and air pollution.
It adds the 80,000 seat, 60-acre stadium to an existing 2009 plan to redevelop the former Hollywood Park racetrack site with homes, offices, stores, parks and open space and a hotel.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Can't wait to burn the one St. Louis Rams hat I own.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Hopefully will get our old colors back. I never really adopted another NFL team after Georgia Frontiere took away my Rams.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Longhorned wrote:Hopefully will get our old colors back. I never really adopted another NFL team after that cunt Georgia Frontiere took away my Rams.
Same here. Fify.

Not sure I could get the love back though. Too much hate and too much time passed.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I kept on being a fan. Happy to see them come back out west, but I hope they can achieve greater levels of support than UCLA hoops. Heh.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Gurley is going to love playing in LA.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:Gurley is going to love playing in LA.
Pounding rock and ass 24/7
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chargers file to move to LA:

http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/10/25/char ... s-angeles/" target="_blank
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

As if San Diego didn't hate Los Angeles enough already.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

rgdeuce wrote:As if San Diego didn't hate Los Angeles enough already.
No fan support in San Diego, would they really care?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lando05 wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:As if San Diego didn't hate Los Angeles enough already.
No fan support in San Diego, would they really care?
As someone who grew up in the upper midwest, it's just completely different out west with sports.

But I do think it's very cool that SoCal cities don't back down to the NFL like most other cities do.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Three teams in LA!!

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
That's going to be a busy stadium or are you thinking: LA Chargers, San Diego Rams, and St Louis Raiders?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
That's going to be a busy stadium or are you thinking: LA Chargers, San Diego Rams, and St Louis Raiders?
It's either going to be the Rams by themselves, or the Raiders and Chargers sharing a stadium.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Oakland, San Diego and St Louis will all still have the same stadium issues. Can't see one leaving one of those cities a to go to another one with the same issues. I can see two of them going to LA though and either sharing the coliseum or Rose bowl or each going to one. As for the third team...I see London, San Antonio or possibly Orlando or Columbus.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Oakland, San Diego and St Louis will all still have the same stadium issues. Can't see one leaving one of those cities a to go to another one with the same issues. I can see two of them going to LA though and either sharing the coliseum or Rose bowl or each going to one. As for the third team...I see London, San Antonio or possibly Orlando or Columbus.
They all want LA. It's not a matter of anyone moving to StL, SD, or Oakland.

It's either the Rams by themselves in LA with the Chargers and Raiders staying in SD/Oakland, or the Chargers and Raiders sharing an LA stadium while the Rams stay in StL. Those are the two most likely scenarios based on the LA stadium proposals.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Why the chargers and raiders sharing?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Why the chargers and raiders sharing?
I believe the deal for their stadium to get built would need two teams so there were at least 16-18 home games (including preseason). The Rams stadium would be mostly private money from the Rams ownership.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I assume that since the earliest a stadium would be built and completed is the 2019 or so season and that the moved team/s would spend 2-3 years playing in the coliseum or Rose bowl.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My preference is for the Rams to be in LA so all the teams in the division would be in the same part of the country.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Apparently the Rose Bowl doesnt want an NFL team. Kroenke owns land in Inglewood and can finance a majority of the build. I think the Rams are gone, unless something drastic changes and STL build him a stadium. Not sure I see the Chargers coming back and I think Kroenke eventually cuts a deal to share with the Chargers and the NFL says F U to the Raiders moving. A Raiders/Chargers stadium in Carson would be a mess.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TucsonClip wrote:Apparently the Rose Bowl doesnt want an NFL team. Kroenke owns land in Inglewood and can finance a majority of the build. I think the Rams are gone, unless something drastic changes and STL build him a stadium. Not sure I see the Chargers coming back and I think Kroenke eventually cuts a deal to share with the Chargers and the NFL says F U to the Raiders moving. A Raiders/Chargers stadium in Carson would be a mess.
Unfortunately it's up to the owners, and Kroenke hasn't kissed the ass of the only owner whose opinion is gospel to the others (Kraft), so they are apparently leaning toward allowing the Chargers/Raiders to move and denying the Rams.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I dont think the Raiders have moved enough.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

rgdeuce wrote:I dont think the Raiders have moved enough.
:lol: I agree, they should become the NFL's barnstorming franchise, filling open dates wherever needed as well as for exhibitions in China and the South Pole.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Chicat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:Apparently the Rose Bowl doesnt want an NFL team. Kroenke owns land in Inglewood and can finance a majority of the build. I think the Rams are gone, unless something drastic changes and STL build him a stadium. Not sure I see the Chargers coming back and I think Kroenke eventually cuts a deal to share with the Chargers and the NFL says F U to the Raiders moving. A Raiders/Chargers stadium in Carson would be a mess.
Unfortunately it's up to the owners, and Kroenke hasn't kissed the ass of the only owner whose opinion is gospel to the others (Kraft), so they are apparently leaning toward allowing the Chargers/Raiders to move and denying the Rams.
Just seems if they want LA to be a success, Kroenke is the guy they need there. He has the land, a better location, can fund part of the stadium and the Rams are LA.

However, logic is never sound in the NFL so...

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TucsonClip wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Just seems if they want LA to be a success, Kroenke is the guy they need there. He has the land, a better location, can fund part of the stadium and the Rams are LA.

However, logic is never sound in the NFL so...
Bingo. Plus the Raiders and Chargers already are a part of the NFL's California/West Coast footprint. Are they really adding anything by moving them a few hundred miles?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:
Big swing in momentum towards the Rams ever since Kroenke burned the bridges over the Mississippi on his way out of town and signaled a willingness to share his Inglewood stadium with the Bolts.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

The 6 man committee recommended the Carson project over the Inglewood one, which makes no sense, but ok.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

ChooChooCat wrote:The 6 man committee recommended the Carson project over the Inglewood one, which makes no sense, but ok.
Laughable

-Shane Battier
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

ChooChooCat wrote:The 6 man committee recommended the Carson project over the Inglewood one, which makes no sense, but ok.
The Spanos family is one of the most liked among the other owners and they want to see the family get the stadium they want where they want it. It is all about who you know and who likes you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The only thing Carson has over Inglewood is highway access. In all other aspects Inglewood is vastly superior.

Kroenke needs to pucker up and apply his lips directly to Kraft's sphincter.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Big swing in momentum towards the Rams ever since Kroenke burned the bridges over the Mississippi on his way out of town and signaled a willingness to share his Inglewood stadium with the Bolts.

I can't imagine too many people in LA wanting the Raiders back due to their thug life fan base.

Although not many sports parking lots are that safe anymore.

"The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled." - Hunter S. Thompson
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Rams alone to Inglewood pulled off the ballot today... That leaves Rams and Chargers to Inglewood or Chargers and Raiders to Carson.

-Shane Battier