I.Q.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

I.Q.

Post by Longhorned »

Need to have one in the final minute of the Superbowl.

Wow, Seahawks.
UAEebs86

Re: I.Q.

Post by UAEebs86 »

All I know is a bunch of kids in Africa are getting Seahawks back-to-back champs shirts.

Nice to see a Cat score a TD in the Superbowl.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Such an awful call good lord
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

posted this in the other thread, will post it here too.

morons. that's what the seahawks were.

pete carrol wtf were you doing. 2nd and goal from the 1..plenty of time, timeouts, and you don't give it to lynch?

morons deserve to lose.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Seattle really Couged it something fierce.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Didn't Carroll make the same call against Texas? Totally boneheaded.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

84Cat wrote:
Emmitt Smith just trying to be Bill Walton.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

After Lynch's first down run to the one, I was wondering why the Pats did not call a timeout as it was almost certain Seattle was going to score. Then the announcers were mentioning the Pats might let them score so they could get the ball back with some time left on the clock. Then the ill-fated pass.

That last minute was totally surreal.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When after Lynch's 4 yard run the Seahawks made no urgent move to get the next snap off or to take a timeout, I knew they were going to throw the ball. I just couldn't imagine a scenario where they run the ball on 2nd down and then if they don't make it they're forced to take their last timeout with 20 seconds left. Because then the question of what to do at that point as far as run vs. pass looms.

I could tell Seattle was thinking, "let's throw it here and see if we can catch them off guard. Then if it's incomplete, the clock stops and we still have two more shots with Marshawn and our timeout."

Makes me wonder if New England was thinking the same thing.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatzManiac

Post by CatzManiac »

Chicat wrote:When after Lynch's 4 yard run the Seahawks made no urgent move to get the next snap off or to take a timeout, I knew they were going to throw the ball. I just couldn't imagine a scenario where they run the ball on 2nd down and then if they don't make it they're forced to take their last timeout with 20 seconds left. Because then the question of what to do at that point as far as run vs. pass looms.

I could tell Seattle was thinking, "let's throw it here and see if we can catch them off guard. Then if it's incomplete, the clock stops and we still have two more shots with Marshawn and our timeout."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spor ... e-carroll/
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CatzManiac wrote:
Chicat wrote:When after Lynch's 4 yard run the Seahawks made no urgent move to get the next snap off or to take a timeout, I knew they were going to throw the ball. I just couldn't imagine a scenario where they run the ball on 2nd down and then if they don't make it they're forced to take their last timeout with 20 seconds left. Because then the question of what to do at that point as far as run vs. pass looms.

Aha! See? I'm smarter than I look...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
CatzManiac wrote:

Or you're a plagiarist, which is usually the issue with you "smart ones."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:
CatzManiac wrote:

Or you're a plagiarist, which is usually the issue with you "smart ones."
I do read WaPo online, but honestly I had zero idea they covered sports. I learned something new while schooling you less intellectual types with my brain and stuff.
Merkin

538 weighs in

Post by Merkin »

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-h ... e-carroll/

That’s right. On the 1-yard line, QBs threw 66 touchdowns with no interceptions prior to Wilson’s errant toss.3 Not mentioned: They also scored four touchdowns on scrambles (which Wilson is pretty good at last I checked). That’s a 60.9 percent success rate.

Just for comparison’s sake, here’s how more than 200 runs fared this year in the same situation:

125 led to touchdowns.
94 failed to score.
Of those, 23 were for loss of yardage.
Two resulted in lost fumbles.
So overall, runs do a bit worse than passes (57.1 percent vs. 60.9 percent).
Chicat

Post by Chicat »