Gronk being Gronk

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Gronk being Gronk

Post by Alieberman »

UAdevil

Re: Gronk being Gronk

Post by UAdevil »

Gotta respect Gronk for not pretending to be someone he's not. Not sure I could deal with someone with his personality on a daily place on his team however.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs ... d-patriots
1. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots: With all due respect to Tony Gonzalez, Gronkowski is on pace to become the greatest tight end of all time. He's a playmaker and matchup nightmare as a pass-catcher and is also an outstanding blocker. The Pats go as Gronk goes, which arguably makes him the most important player on the field Feb. 1, in addition to being the best.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

ghostwhitehorse wrote:http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs ... d-patriots
1. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots: With all due respect to Tony Gonzalez, Gronkowski is on pace to become the greatest tight end of all time. He's a playmaker and matchup nightmare as a pass-catcher and is also an outstanding blocker. The Pats go as Gronk goes, which arguably makes him the most important player on the field Feb. 1, in addition to being the best.
Jeremy Lane disagrees.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

If that comes to fruition then I should retire and become a footbal scout. I told my buddy sitting next to me in Arizona Stadium during Game 1 of Gronk's True Frosh season that he would end up being the greatest tight end in football history.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

UofAlum05 wrote:
If that comes to fruition then I should retire and become a footbal scout. I told my buddy sitting next to me in Arizona Stadium during Game 1 of Gronk's True Frosh season that he would end up being the greatest tight end in football history.
He was the top-rated tight end in high school. It still amazes me he chose the UofA, I wonder how Stoops was able to pull that off?
ghostwhitehorse

From the mouths of idiots. . .http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/st ... owski-good
Seattle Seahawks starting nickel cornerback Jeremy Lane paused for a moment Thursday when asked what makes New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski so good, because Lane disagrees.

Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane said he doesn't think Patriots three-time All-Pro tight end Rob Gronkowski is that good.
"I actually don't think he's that good," Lane said. "He's OK. He does have a big body. But from what I've seen on tape, he doesn't like you putting your hands on him. So if we put our hands on him and shake him up a little bit, he won't catch that many balls."
New Post-Superbowl special at the Road Kill Cafe: Jeremy Lane ala Gronk.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

I never heard of someone going out of their way to piss off Gronk, but Jeremy Lane seems to have a career death wish...

Jeremy Lane on Rob Gronkowski

I thought pros were supposed to understand that dissing the opposition almost always backfires.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

RichardCranium wrote:I never heard of someone going out of their way to piss off Gronk, but Jeremy Lane seems to have a career death wish...

Jeremy Lane on Rob Gronkowski

I thought pros were supposed to understand that dissing the opposition almost always backfires.
And who the fuck is Jeremy Lane? Gronk has more career TD's than he has tackles. He's a no name nickle-back just trying to sound tough.

Plus, it's doubtful he will even cover Gronk.

This guy wins the STFU award.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

He was the life of the party, talking dance moves, sports science specials, and erotic novels based on Gronk spikes...

Only thing missing was discussing Bibi and a token Yo Soy of some sort.
ghostwhitehorse

ghostwhitehorse

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Great story on Donnie Salum and Gronk's relationship.
http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/ ... lum-013015#
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

JMarkJohns wrote:He was the life of the party, talking dance moves, sports science specials, and erotic novels based on Gronk spikes...
Just as the ball comes flying out of Gronk’s hand... In front of the entire country, Gronk’s spike impacts right between my butt-cheeks. I don’t know how to explain exactly to you what happened to me since it was so otherworldly. There really is no accounting for it. But I can tell you that it felt amazing. Gronkowski’s ball unleashes a rainbow of sensation throughout my body. Pleasure shoots magically in every direction like an explosion of sparks. It jettisons jiggling ribbons of joy to every part of my body. It feels as though I am being fucked by a stampeding horde of marauders.

Apparently even his spikes are a fiesta ...
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

TD!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

He's totally banging half of Arizona tonight
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
ghostwhitehorse

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... amily-feud
Rob Gronkowski will be taking his legendary off-the-field act to one of the most legendary game shows on TV.

Gronkowski's brother, Chris, said Tuesday in an interview with a Boston radio show that the family's four oldest brothers will be filming an episode of Family Feud this weekend along with their father.
Also. . .
Gronkowski will also been seen this summer in "Entourage" and will be featured in a cop role in another movie filmed recently -- "You Can't Have It" -- in which Gronkowski brother Dan will also appear as a cop.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Rob Gronkowski hasn't spent 'a dime' of his NFL earnings

"To this day, I still haven't touched one dime of my signing bonus or NFL contract money," he told TheMMQB.com. "I live off my marketing money and haven't blown it on any big-money expensive cars, expensive jewelry or tattoos and still wear my favorite pair of jeans from high school."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rob ... id=DELLDHP
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

the real dill wrote:Rob Gronkowski hasn't spent 'a dime' of his NFL earnings

"To this day, I still haven't touched one dime of my signing bonus or NFL contract money," he told TheMMQB.com. "I live off my marketing money and haven't blown it on any big-money expensive cars, expensive jewelry or tattoos and still wear my favorite pair of jeans from high school."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rob ... id=DELLDHP
I used to manage Goodyear store in N Phoenix and one of my customers was a scout for the St Louis Cardinals. He told me that he never touched his salary. He lived completely off his stipend. I can't remember his name, but he said he was just one of the role players (played once a week, pinch hit, etc.).
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Very interesting info from Gronk's new book from comcastsportsnet.
(Gronk) nearly retired after suffering a back injury while working out at the University of Arizona.

Not only had a ruptured disk made life in general difficult for Gronkowski, who said that his legs felt as though they weighed "500 pounds each" due to nerve damage that resulted from the ruptured disk, but his father had purchased an insurance policy that would have paid Gronkowski $4 million before he graduated college if he opted to retire from football for health reasons.

Doctors told Gronkowski that he could rehab in order to fix his back, or he could have surgery, which would eliminate his chances of playing his junior season for the Wildcats in 2009.

"Now I had to hope that by working crazy hard in rehab, I could fix my back in time to play that season," Gronkowski wrote. "There was another option, though: I could retire and collect the $4 million insurance, tax-free, at the age of 19 . . . but that would mean I couldn’t play football anymore. I did the calculations, and at four percent annual interest I could make $160,000 a year without touching the $4 million principal. But I didn’t want the easy money. I wanted to earn it, playing football. Maybe a lot of people would take the money and run, but I looked at it as quitting. I was happy playing football and didn’t want to give that up. So I decided to try physical therapy. It was a long shot, but I had to try."

It didn't work. In Arizona's second week of practice, Gronkowski tried to run a few routes and undid whatever progress he had made during his rehab. He later went under the knife, and was forced to watch his teammates play the season without him.
ghostwhitehorse

And now. . .GRONKASAURUS!

:lol:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

2 TDs so far for Gronk!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

GOAT
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Big Ben's got quite the gut on him this season.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Haha, fumble recovery for his third TD?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:Haha, fumble recovery for his third TD?
I think it's going to get overturned, but still a great play.
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Beast
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Gets it anyway. Man am I glad I drafted THAT guy.

(oh, and Brady too)

;)
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Gronk is already the greatest tight end to ever walk this earth. Imagine that guys numbers if he managed to stay healthy.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

A man amongst boys

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Win a Gronk tailgate.

https://www.omaze.com/experiences/rob-g ... ?ref=gronk" target="_blank
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Will Gronk someday replace Chuck Norris in our cultural hierarchy?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just scrolling through Gronk's Twitter and it is a non-stop barrage of endorsement messages, contests, commercials, and so on. The dude must have signed on with like 30 different companies! There's no wonder he hasn't had to spend a dime of his salary.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sweet!!!

All the Gronk haters amongst our fanbase should take note.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2597 ... ol-parties" target="_blank

Rob Gronkowski's Dad Says He Chose U of Arizona for the Pool Parties
In news that feels like something you already knew in your heart, Gordy Gronkowski, father of affable human sombrero Rob Gronkowski, said his son made his decision to attend the University of Arizona due to its renowned pool-party scene.

As Gronk Sr. put it in a recent interview with Vanity Fair's Bruce Weber, Rob knew right off the bat where he wanted to go when the scholarship offers came flooding in:

Rob had something like 65 scholarship offers, and I asked, “Where are you going? Syracuse? Ohio State?” He goes, “University of Arizona.” I asked, “Why there?” “Dad, if you ever went to a pool party at Arizona, you’d understand.”

That is vintage, barrel-aged, double cask Gronk. Can't drive a car yet but can tell you exactly where the bikinis are best.

Another interesting note from Weber's interview is Gordy's explanation of how all five of his sons became giant, athletic monsters.

It began when his eldest son, Gordie, began working out and quickly snowballed into a family-wide arms race between highly competitive brothers:

In eighth grade, I said to each of [my sons] in turn, “If you want to keep pursuing sports, you need to start training.” Gordie didn’t want to at first. But then he saw his younger brother Danny down in the basement getting bigger, stronger, and faster than him—then he wanted to train! It was like a virus after that—Chris hopped in, then Rob. After that, it was no problem pushing them to work harder anymore. They did it themselves. That was a great feeling, but it got very competitive in the house. I just created the environment, sat back, and watched it happen.

Now, I am not a father, but you only need to meet a few to know that this is every dad's dream.

Nothing is more fatherly than the paternal fever dream of wiping engine oil off your hands, sitting your kid down and dropping a solemn, one-sentence truth bomb that changes their life for the better forever.

That's the Great Dad Dream, and while it doesn't usually—ever—work out like that, it did for Gordy. He and his wife brought their own personal basketball team starting five into this world, and with a few gentle nudges, it became self-sufficient.

Now, if only the team didn't leave all the Solo cups by the pool, it'd be unstoppable.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Is there better reason?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Need to mail that shit to every recruit.
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

From an insider article ranking the top tight ends for the next three years:

1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots: If this list were based simply on receiving abilities, Gronk would be at the top. If it were based simply on blocking abilities, Gronk would also top it. It is not hyperbole to suggest that Gronk could go down as the most dominant tight end the NFL has ever seen. He's far too big for defensive backs to consistently hold up against in coverage and too athletic for linebackers to consistently slow down. Gronkowski is perhaps the best offensive player in football among non-quarterbacks.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

He's one of those rare men who come along and redefine a position.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

The Melbourne Murdoch Press article on the games this weekend said Brady threw 2 TD passes. It didn't say who caught them.

Rob Gronkowski Dances His Way Into NFL Record Books

Is there any TE (positive) statistical record Gronk doesn't own or will own very shortly?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.