2016 NFL Season

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: 2016 NFL Season

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

After that crazy comeback, am I alone in seeing the capper moments as Willie McGinest using the word "motherf***er" on national television repeatedly like a camera wasn't 3 feet away from him and the booing of Goodell?

I wasn't rooting for either team, but that game produced a lot of drama for two teams I don't care about.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:After that crazy comeback, am I alone in seeing the capper moments as Willie McGinest using the word "motherf***er" on national television repeatedly like a camera wasn't 3 feet away from him and the booing of Goodell?

I wasn't rooting for either team, but that game produced a lot of drama for two teams I don't care about.
yeah he said that and more even if I recall.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

That game will be the defining championship in Brady's career and labeled as "The comeback." Wrongfully so. In Super Bowl XLIX against Seattle, the Seahawks scored on three straight possessions: a gut punch TD drive that took 29 seconds and concluded two seconds before halftime, and a 3rd quarter field goal and touchdown. Seattle was up 10 with 5 minutes left in the third. The next two Patriots drives resulted in three and outs. Brady again got the ball left with 12:10 left in the game and at the time, the win probability was 96.5% Seattle. At that point, the game was over.

While the deficit of 10 points pales in comparison to the 19 point deficit Brady faced in the fourth, Seattle had arguably the greatest defense of all time when you take a step back and understand that the 85 Bears played in an era of much more vanilla offenses, less passing, and a completely different set of rules that didn't provide significant protection and advantages for quarterbacks and receivers. The Falcons meanwhile had the 24th best defense in the NFL this season and their defense completely ran out of gas after the blitzkrieg they threw at Brady in the first three quarters. First snap, Seahawks sack Brady for an 8-yard loss. If it wasn't game over before, it certainly was now. Second snap, four yard gain. 3rd and 14 against maybe the greatest defense of all time and certainly the greatest secondary. OK, now it is really over. He steps up and gets 21 yards. He again converts another 3rd and long and marches them down the field for a touchdown. He does the very same the very next drive. Remember, one of his TDs against the Falcons came on that short field after a fumble.

My mind is just blown though. Atlanta was up 18 at the half and ran the ball just five times in the second half. They were snapping with plenty of time on the play clock in the fourth quarter. The fact that they had the ball at the 22 and only ran the ball once AND pushed themselves out of field goal range blows my mind the most. Give credit to Brady and the Patriots, but that was a complete choke job more than it was a historic comeback, outside of sheer points overcome.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Harvey Specter wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Geez wyo that's crazy, can you share anymore? Like paying off refs?
I don't doubt the Pats have their dirty little secrets, but I think it is extremely naive to believe that they are much different than any other franchise. They are just a helluva lot better at what they do. (Same goes with any major successful BB or FB program that is wildly successful... that's right - ALL of them).

But if the organization that Roger Goodell runs says one of its constituents is dirty, then it must be true. :lol:
You dont have to be "in the know" to know that the Patriots do it at levels no other teams have ever done. They got passes with concrete evidence ONLY because the integrity of the whole league would have crumbled. That is what was sold to the owners and the owners knew it and let stuff slide. The reason why they had a hard on for deflategate was the Pats kept doing it and the owners said, ok, they dont have us by the balls now, NOW you have to get them on this. They were punished for their past crimes and that was why it was such a witch hunt. Believe me though, if you know where to look it is out there, and your jaw will drop. This was their first super bowl win that was not tainted in some way, shape or form. Even then, it's the Patriots, they did something. :lol: Still got to tip your hat to them and Belechick though.
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Likes I'm pretty good with a search engine but I can't find anything about the integrity of the league "crumbling" or anything being endemic. I see a shit ton about the patriots through.

Any care to give a cliffs notes version?