Favorite team and why

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

4Life

Favorite team and why

Post by 4Life »

Mine :

NY Giants

Why?

Born in New Britain, CT. My Dad, born in NY city, was a loyal Giants fan. So my heart was always a Giants fan. Since I grew up mostly in North San Diego County, I liked to root for the local team as well, but after attending a few games at Jack Murphy/The Q, I ended up despising the Chargers. Too many idiots talking out their -----. So I'm a one team guy.
Dosia

Re: Favorite team and why

Post by Dosia »

Patriots. My whole fam is from MA and thats who I grew up watching. Heading back in Nov to catch the Broncos game.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No matter how much this team has tried to destroy my fanhood, I am a Rams fan until the day I die. Season tickets 1983-1988. My only hope is that they move back to LA where they rightfully belong.

But with that being said, I'm now a Bears season ticket holder, and it's tough to not love the Monsters of the Midway...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SGIT

Post by SGIT »

Green Bay Packers

My dad was born and raised about 60 miles south of Green Bay, Wisconsin and I have always been a fan. Definitely a difficult task while growing up in Tucson during the 70's & 80's, where the Cowboys, Rams, Broncos and Raiders ruled the TV on Sunday afternoon. Got to cross one off of my bucket list after going to a game at Lambeau Field in October 2010 and I still want to attend a game there in December or January.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm a Cards fan because.....well....um.........I'll get back to you.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Cardinals, but it took awhile, as I grew up a Packers fan. My mom and dad were born and raised in Wisconsin, although my
dad was a Cubs fan since he was from Racine and moved to Chicago when he was in his
20's.

Got tired of the Midwest sportswriters ragging on Phoenix during the '94 NBA Finals (even though half the people
in Phoenix are from there). I knew I'd most likely be living in Arizona for a long time, so decide to support the home teams.
Was always a Suns fan, since my dad didn't like the NBA and we moved to Phoenix in 1970.

Our neighbor in Chandler was the Cardinals 3rd string QB and that kind of cemented things for me.
Also helped getting out of Sun Devil Stadium, St. Louis getting their own team, and Bill Bidwell turning
a lot of things over to his son. Still would prefer different ownership, but you can't have everything I guess.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

49ners fan.

Why? Just a Joe, Rice, and Young fan. No real other reason. Although, currently living in Ohio I had thought about trying the Cleveland Browns on for a try. But, I realize I don't like misery that much.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
4Life

Post by 4Life »

azgreg wrote:I'm a Cards fan because.....well....um.........I'll get back to you.
Lol - made my day.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Cardinals.

My dad worked for the Tempe FD and would work the first down chains a few times a season. Got my start going to games during the Gene Stallings era, through Joe Bugel, Buddy Ryan, so on and so on. Have memories of watching the games with my dad on TV, in between hanging christmas lights, yard work etc.. its nice now that we live in different places (He's in New Orleans, I'm in Durham NC) but we still make time to talk about "how them cardinals are doing".
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Bears. Born in Chicago and moved to Phx when I was 7 but remained a huge Bears fan.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Steelers. Because they're superior to the rest.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Chicat wrote:No matter how much this team has tried to destroy my fanhood, I am a Rams fan until the day I die. Season tickets 1983-1988. My only hope is that they move back to LA where they rightfully belong.

But with that being said, I'm now a Bears season ticket holder, and it's tough to not love the Monsters of the Midway...
And KaDeem! That'll be fun watching him play live.
sf25

Post by sf25 »

49ers.

Grew up in the Bay Area, so that's who I followed as I learned the sport. The team's recent resurgence has been fun to watch, but wow, the bandwagon sure filled back up quick.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pokinmik wrote:
Chicat wrote:No matter how much this team has tried to destroy my fanhood, I am a Rams fan until the day I die. Season tickets 1983-1988. My only hope is that they move back to LA where they rightfully belong.

And Briggs, Britton, and Fendi (if he makes the team). Asked for a Briggs jersey for Father's Day. Once Ka'Deem settles on a number I'll grab his jersey too.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

4Life wrote:Mine :

NY Giants

Why?

Born in New Britain, CT. My Dad, born in NY city, was a loyal Giants fan. So my heart was always a Giants fan. Since I grew up mostly in North San Diego County, I liked to root for the local team as well, but after attending a few games at Jack Murphy/The Q, I ended up despising the Chargers. Too many idiots talking out their -----. So I'm a one team guy.
You know who was also a Giants fan? Olson Court...

http://forum.goazcats.com/search.php?searchid=3662229

You can't hide crazy.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

It was search results for "Giants/Olson Court" showing Percy discussing NY fandom, cheering on the Giants, discussing his father's NY heritage and Giants fandom, etc...
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Ironically and hilariously enough, Percy started as a different fandom:

Olson Court wrote:Not me been a JETS fan for as long as I can remember and they look good today so far!
Dec, 2011
Olson Court wrote:Loving the Giants winning this game!!!! As a life long Jets and Giants fan this is great although the Jets made it painful for a bit.
Jan, 2012
Olson Court wrote:Its a homer call, I am a Giants fan, all reality goes out the window. I dont really think they will blow them out man, I do think (and am hoping for) the Giants will beat them.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Katzenfreund wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:You know who was also a Giants fan? Olson Court...

You can't hide crazy.
Thread seems to be deleted...

How the hell was Percy able to get things from the admins over there so quickly? New logins, handle changes, thread deletions, etc.
Nobody else did.

Things that make you go hmmm..
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Katzenfreund wrote:

You can't hide crazy.

How the hell was Percy able to get things from the admins over there so quickly? New logins, handle changes, thread deletions, etc.
Nobody else did.

Yep, that's why I wonder if it's Jim himself. He's definitely a person who has access to admin tools.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Katzenfreund wrote:

You can't hide crazy.

Nobody else did.

When you link to searches they always come up as "Page Not Found". So it's not a deleted thread.

The name changes and expedited logins I can't explain. Either he's Storey (doubtful), close to Storey (possible), or his experience running vBulletin gives him access to back doors in the software that allowed him to hack the site (most likely).
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No, I think it says "That Page No Longer Exists" and then automatically redirects to the index page.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

It was a page of search results. I've posted several of them here already. Basically showing the connection in Giants fandom twixt OC/4Life.
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

Raiders

I don't even have a good enough reason to explain why I would put myself through such torture.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

UAGreg wrote:Raiders

I don't even have a good enough reason to explain why I would put myself through such torture.
Haha...me too. It's agony being a Raiders fan these days. I used to be proud wearing my Raiders cap but now I just get made fun of.

Also a lifelong Rams fan as I grew up with season tickets to the Colisseum when the Rams used to lose to the Vikings every year in the playoffs.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

When I was a lil Coop Cat growing up in Albuquerque it was the Broncos b/c they were on TV every week (it seemed like). Once 5th grade hit and we moved to San Diego it became the Chargers and has been ever since then.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

My mom and her 2 kids from her first marriage are from Denver so I grew up a Bronco fan up until they hired McDaniels and drafted Tebow. I consider my favorite teams now to be Cardinals because I'm born and raised AZ. And I'm a huge Patriot fan because I love the city of Boston and have become a huge fan of Brady after his first super bowl season and have just followed his career and enjoy the Patriots.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:
pokinmik wrote:

And Briggs, Britton, and Fendi (if he makes the team). Asked for a Briggs jersey for Father's Day. Once Ka'Deem settles on a number I'll grab his jersey too.
Got the Briggs jersey just like I asked for. Can't wait to show up in an Officer Craig post about NFL fans behaving badly while wearing it.
Junior

Post by Junior »

San DIego Chargers. Parents are from there and got family there. Been a Bolts fan since the early 90's
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Cincinnati Bengals because I lived in Cincinnati when I became aware of sports (69 - 72) and am also a Reds fan.
I do respect the Patriots because of the way they play so they're my second favorite at this time.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

I liked the Broncos unis and the Orange Crush moniker. And then there was Elway.