2018 Los Angeles Rams

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

2018 Los Angeles Rams

Post by EastCoastCat »

Looked pretty solid last night pulling away from the Raiders in the 2nd half.

Really excited about the new additions on D and if that side of the ball becomes a force this team might have what it takes to win the NFC.
Chicat

Re: 2018 Los Angeles Rams

Post by Chicat »

The best part about last night was the mid-game adjustment. The Raiders threw stuff at them the Rams coaching staff had no tape on. The tweaked some things at the half and shut the Raiders out the rest of the game. The Raiders receivers didn’t even have a catch after the break.

I’m more impressed with that than anything. Feels like a championship level response. The Rams came out and stepped on a bad team’s neck. And the rest of their division looked bad to terrible. This could be a great year.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:The best part about last night was the mid-game adjustment. The Raiders threw stuff at them the Rams coaching staff had no tape on. The tweaked some things at the half and shut the Raiders out the rest of the game. The Raiders receivers didn’t even have a catch after the break.

I’m more impressed with that than anything. Feels like a championship level response. The Rams came out and stepped on a bad team’s neck. And the rest of their division looked bad to terrible. This could be a great year.
Exactly. They made adjustments on both sides of the ball actually - gave Gurley more touches in the 2nd half which I was begging for and they just wore the Raiders down. Also Cooper was shut down totally by Talib, Littleton was a force and Pieters had a nice pick 6.

If the Rams stay healthy this could be the year.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

4-0!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Goff was amazing - he threw dimes all night and his receivers just needed to put out their hands. His accuracy was amazing.

Although the D struggled at times they came up big at the end when needed.

Really enjoy watching this team.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The Rams look unbeatable.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Struggled the last 2 games especially in the secondary but still unbeaten.
Gurley was a beast today.

6-0 is still pretty impressive.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

This shit got me hyped.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Holy shit the Rams are so good.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:Holy shit the Rams are so good.
What is really impressive is that they have had injuries on both sides of the ball and they are still posting W's.

Home field advantage throughout the playoffs - that's the goal.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Holy shit the Rams are so good.
What is really impressive is that they have had injuries on both sides of the ball and they are still posting W's.

Home field advantage throughout the playoffs - that's the goal.
Winning back-to-back-to-back true road games is damn impressive in this league. I love this team.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I think the Packers provided the blueprint for how to beat the Rams: Blatantly hold Suh, Donald, Cooks, and Woods and then dare the refs to call something in a national game that the NFL desperately wants to keep close into the 4th Quarter.

I fully expect the Saints to ride this strategy and hand the Rams their first loss this coming Sunday.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:I think the Packers provided the blueprint for how to beat the Rams: Blatantly hold Suh, Donald, Cooks, and Woods and then dare the refs to call something in a national game that the NFL desperately wants to keep close into the 4th Quarter.

I fully expect the Saints to ride this strategy and hand the Rams their first loss this coming Sunday.
Was thinking the same thing. Did they even call a PI or Offensive holding on the Packers yesterday? Everything including the crowd (man, do Packers fans travel well) pointed to a L in that game.

Next week will be tough. I want the '72 Dolphins to keep that champagne on ice for a little while longer.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

9-1

For some reason I’m less than impressed. But that’s on me being a selfish asshole, not the Rams performance.

I wouldn’t mind though if they’d put some of these teams away instead of having to fight into the fourth quarter every week. Suh, Donald, Gurley, and Goff could all use a breather.

No chance of that next week against Kansas City at altitude in Mexico City. The defense is going to need to figure out how to get stops consistently otherwise I suspect it will be a repeat of the Saints game.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:9-1

For some reason I’m less than impressed. But that’s on me being a selfish asshole, not the Rams performance.

I wouldn’t mind though if they’d put some of these teams away instead of having to fight into the fourth quarter every week. Suh, Donald, Gurley, and Goff could all use a breather.

No chance of that next week against Kansas City at altitude in Mexico City. The defense is going to need to figure out how to get stops consistently otherwise I suspect it will be a repeat of the Saints game.
Yeah, I was expecting more from the defense at this point but they seem to just be doing enough to win. The run defense is atrocious lately.

Offense still doing their thing but KC will run them ragged in the altitude if they don't get a lot of stops.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:

Yeah, I was expecting more from the defense at this point but they seem to just be doing enough to win. The run defense is atrocious lately.

Offense still doing their thing but KC will run them ragged in the altitude if they don't get a lot of stops.
No altitude issues now! Just gotta fill up the Coliseum and hope it’s not with Chiefs fans.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:

No altitude issues now! Just gotta fill up the Coliseum and hope it’s not with Chiefs fans.
So happy the game is now in LA but Phillips needs to figure out why the D has sucked so much the last 3 games. Need Talib back ASAP.

Losing Kupp for the rest of the season really sucks but getting Pharoh Cooper back will hopefully offset that loss.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Just turned this game on, feels and looks like a college rivalry game. With a late 90s or 2000s era PAC 10 scoring feel.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Holy shit, what a game.

The offense? Oh my god!!!

The defense? Oh my god........

Gotta clean up a lot of stuff and find some healthy bodies in the secondary, but what a fucking win.

10-1? OH MY GOD!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:Holy shit, what a game.

Gotta clean up a lot of stuff and find some healthy bodies in the secondary, but what a fucking win.

10-1? OH MY GOD!
OMG is right...what an amazing ebb and flow game by too evenly matched teams. I am still concerned about the defense, especially the secondary but I am torn because even though the Rams offense and Goff was amazing we don't win without AD's 2 strip sacks and that forced interception late in the game.

Are both defenses that bad or are those two offenses just too elite to be stopped?

Happy to be 10-1 but still some work to do.

But what a friggin game and with the Cats win in Maui it was one of those rare "happy" nights. :D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:

10-1? OH MY GOD!
OMG is right...what an amazing ebb and flow game by too evenly matched teams. I am still concerned about the defense, especially the secondary but I am torn because even though the Rams offense and Goff was amazing we don't win without AD's 2 strip sacks and that forced interception late in the game.

Are both defenses that bad or are those two offenses just too elite to be stopped?

But what a friggin game and with the Cats win in Maui it was one of those rare "happy" nights. :D
Another happy night!

By the way, Aaron Donald is not human.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:

10-1? OH MY GOD!

Another happy night!

By the way, Aaron Donald is not human.
Yes indeed. I missed the Rams game because I had a previous engagement in Hartford to root on a certain college basketball team. ;)

Yes, AD is unreal. That's got to be 3-4 games he's literally saved victory with that nasty strip sack.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Tough game against the Bears tonight. It will be freezing so assume Gurley will get more touches.

Bears need this one more than the Rams so don't have a good feeling about this one.

Chi - you going to the game tonight?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:Tough game against the Bears tonight. It will be freezing so assume Gurley will get more touches.

Bears need this one more than the Rams so don't have a good feeling about this one.

I wish. No vendors trying to get rid of tix and the secondary market was like $500+ each for anything remotely decent. So I’ll be watching from the warm comfort of my couch.

I feel like the Rams can take this one. Gotta keep Trubisky from running up the middle when plays break down.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:Tough game against the Bears tonight. It will be freezing so assume Gurley will get more touches.

I wish. No vendors trying to get rid of tix and the secondary market was like $500+ each for anything remotely decent. So I’ll be watching from the warm comfort of my couch.

I feel like the Rams can take this one. Gotta keep Trubisky from running up the middle when plays break down.
I'm excited to see this game. I don't think the Bears win but I'm interested to see how they compete. Hopefully it's a close game.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No disrespect to the Bears defense, but everything about the Rams offense tonight totally fucking sucks.

Play calling, blocking, penalties, bad passes, all of it. Just fucking terrible.

Hopefully they are getting this bullshit out of their systems and not developing bad fucking habits.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Neither team had been sharp to say the least on offense but the Bears D is playing the game of their season.

Huge 4th down sack to hopefully seal the game!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I mean, you could just let me bitch, but whatever.

PS- Sure does help a defense when the refs let you hold WRs and hit the QB in the head.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:I mean, you could just let me bitch, but whatever.

PS- Sure does help a defense when the refs let you hold WRs and hit the QB in the head.
As a Bears fan I haven't had a lot to take pride in lately... so I'm enjoying the hell out of this.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Worst game of the year by far for the Rams. Thank god they probably won't have to play in that type of climate in the Playoffs.

Offense was putrid although holding receivers and smacking QB's in the head are now allowed I guess. The offensive line got smacked around a bit so I hope that is an anomaly. Not running Gurley more had me scratching my head. They also needed to move Goff around more instead of straight drop backs as the pocket was abysmal all night.

Too bad the Offense didn't show up because the D actually performed pretty well. But give the Bears credit. They did what they had to do.

Could have wrapped up a bye and got closer to home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Now the next few weeks will be interesting.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Eagles at home, at Arizona, then home for San Francisco. Feels like a good opportunity to get wins and get healthy.

But between the Cats losing, the Saints coming back to win, my wife and kids being total dicks, and that Rams debacle, I had a super shitty Sunday.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Yeah I hear ya...

The only saving grace to yesterday was watching the Pats go down on that miracle last-play lateral-fest by the Dolphins (although Gronk did look silly).
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bad Goff + No Gurley ...... ain’t gonna win shit.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:Bad Goff + No Gurley ...... ain’t gonna win shit.
Yeah, that was awful all the way around.

And I told you I was worried about Nick and his magic.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not sure what happened here, but the Ram DBs let 2 WRs get behind them?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If you can cripple an entire defense by double-teaming one interior lineman, you have some BIG fucking issues.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Merkin wrote:Not sure what happened here, but the Ram DBs let 2 WRs get behind them?

They both for some reason thought Foles was going underneath so they just stopped their coverage and let them get behind them.

It was the football version of the matador defense.

Headscratcher for sure....
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Rams are giving the Bears the slightest bit of hope to get a 1st round bye.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

They open up as 7 point favorite but many in the media back here are saying Dallas is going to punch the Rams in the mouth like they did against the Saints and stop the Rams offensive attack big time (a la the Bears this year).

Oh, and they think 75% of the crowd at the Coliseum will be rooting for the Cowboys. *sigh*

I hope the Rams learned from last year and will be ready for a slug fest.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The crowd thing might be true. I remember back in the 80s when I was a kid and would go to the Big A, the Dallas games always had the largest percentage of rival fans filling up the seats.

As far as the Dallas defense, it is pretty good. Not Bears-level, but definitely good enough to string some stops together and keep the game low scoring.

The biggest obstacle, in my opinion of course, is the Rams playing too tight. And that starts with playcalling. If McVay goes away from the jet sweeps and motion out to the edge like he did against the Bears, the Rams just don't have the personnel to punch the Cowboys back and run inside against 7-8 man fronts.

Here's hoping that being healthy and rested means a ton in this game. Get out and score early and often and I think the Rams can hold off Dak and Coop and the rest of that offense.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

EastCoastCat wrote:They open up as 7 point favorite but many in the media back here are saying Dallas is going to punch the Rams in the mouth like they did against the Saints and stop the Rams offensive attack big time (a la the Bears this year).

Oh, and they think 75% of the crowd at the Coliseum will be rooting for the Cowboys. *sigh*

I hope the Rams learned from last year and will be ready for a slug fest.
Maybe not 75% but 50% is probably likely
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:The biggest obstacle, in my opinion of course, is the Rams playing too tight. And that starts with playcalling. If McVay goes away from the jet sweeps and motion out to the edge like he did against the Bears, the Rams just don't have the personnel to punch the Cowboys back and run inside against 7-8 man fronts.
Agreed Chi especially if their playcalling is similar to the Bears game which was way too conservative. Spread it out and move the pocket to give Goff time to pick out an open receiver downfield.

They also need the offensive line to open up some holes for Gurley to keep that defense from pinning their ears back as putting pressure on Goff who is accurate, but can't stand in the pocket and absorb blows like Big dick Nick can.

Dallas is dangerous when they control tempo and get out to a lead for sure. They will pound you with Zeke. Make Prescott have to rally them to win with his arm and sick AD after him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Goff put his inner Foles on display tonight. I’m fucking pumped.

Just gotta make sure those FGs are TDS next week. Lot of points left on the board.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:Goff put his inner Foles on display tonight. I’m fucking pumped.

Just gotta make sure those FGs are TDS next week. Lot of points left on the board.
Me too...what a great night as both the Rams and Cat's win.

Gotta give the O-line some love on how they annihilated the vaunted front 7 of the Cowboys. Sure didn't see them running the ball so effectively with 2 100-yard runners last night. Goff made some good throws as well and that 3rd down bootleg at the end sealed the game.

Wade's D did just enough which is typical but that unit played well and made some big stops when it counted.

I will be in LA next weekend so hoping Big Dick Nick can work some magic today so I can try and bag a ticket to the game.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I think I would rather face Brees and the Saints than Saint Nick on a five game winning streak.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:I think I would rather face Brees and the Saints than Saint Nick on a five game winning streak.
Totally get it Chi but the Rams looked so in rythmn last night at home. Really tough to play in that damn Superdome.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:I think I would rather face Brees and the Saints than Saint Nick on a five game winning streak.
Totally get it Chi but the Rams looked so in rythmn last night at home. Really tough to play in that damn Superdome.
Very true. I think last night was 55/45 Rams to Cowboys fans. Have to think it would be 80/20 Rams to Eagles fans (as opposed to 99-1 Saints at the Superdome).

I’m rooting for Nick regardless. Plus it would shut up my N.O. family who talk copious amounts of shit at all times.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:
Very true. I think last night was 55/45 Rams to Cowboys fans. Have to think it would be 80/20 Rams to Eagles fans (as opposed to 99-1 Saints at the Superdome).

I’m rooting for Nick regardless. Plus it would shut up my N.O. family who talk copious amounts of shit at all times.
Haha. Don’t I know it. My brother in law and his family are Huge Cowboy fans and I got shit all week. I didn’t go Talib on them but sent a little message this morning saying “how’s you soul today”.

;)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol:

I loved it that it was Goff putting the dagger in them with that run for a first down. He’s taken more shit from the so-called experts than any QB who is 25-9 over two seasons should ever have to take.