Tony Dungy

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Tony Dungy

Post by Alieberman »

Shut the fuck up.

You orchestrate Michael Vick getting back into the league but you wouldn't draft Michael Sam because he would be too much of a distraction?

Don't hide behind that bs and say what you really mean.
Merkin

Re: Tony Dungy

Post by Merkin »

Just another "Christian" who doesn't understand Jesus' teachings at all.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

But, God gave man domination over animals, that's why he's cool with Vick.

I mean, who would want an abominator over a dominator as a teammate?

I mean, let's just ignore Ezekial 16 that specifies Sodom's sins, never mentioning homosexuality amongst them, and the all the words of Christ that, likewise, do not mention homosexuality.

Vick commited a cultural crime.

Bias using religion as a shield, Sam commits moral ones.

I remember when Tim Hardaway was fired by either NBA or ESPN for basically saying the same thing as Dungy.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I just recently watched "42" Jackie Robinson sure seemed like a hell of a distraction. I'm guessing Tony Dungy wouldn't have wanted Jackie to play in the major leagues for that same reason.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Strong comparison.

Wasn't so long ago many organized "Christian" sects thought being the skin color Dungy is was an abomination. Thank God someones somewheres for some reasons challenged logic of "morality".

But one of the great tricks hegemony has produced is the competition amongst marginalized groups to be #2. Marginalized on marginalized crime is a damn shame.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I just hate hypocrites and cowards. Dungy is being both. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he just said he wouldn't want a homosexual in his locker-room because he thinks they are immoral. Instead he chooses to speak in homophobic code which is pretty transparent.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm sure he's not a homophobe. He just thinks that one of those people is a distraction in the locker room. See the distinction?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Plus he's not really good enough for it to be a distraction you want to deal with..
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:I'm sure he's not a homophobe. He just thinks that one of those people is a distraction in the locker room. See the distinction?
Are you trying to say that Dungy = Machina?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote:
Chicat wrote:I'm sure he's not a homophobe. He just thinks that one of those people is a distraction in the locker room. See the distinction?
Are you trying to say that Dungy = Machina?
He's not saying. He's just saying.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

As I said in the LGBT thread, people will look back at these times and shake their heads over the prejudice and ignorance that was mainstream.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Stephen A Smith on the Dungy controversy:

I am a proponent of most of the causes the gay community has fought for. And I think that it's wrong how they've been prejudiced against. But having said all that, I think it's important to recognize that that doesn't mean [you] have a right to [people being] comfortable with you.

More here with video: http://deadspin.com/how-to-legitimize-b ... socialflow

This morning, Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless shouted at each other about Tony Dungy's comments that Michael Sam's sexuality would be an overriding distraction in an NFL locker room, and whether it was a bigger distraction that Michael Vick's return from prison. I'm sorry, that's the worst sentence I've ever typed.

If you don't have the stomach to watch the entire segment—and you shouldn't—let me sum up the central claim each shouter made. Bayless argued that these were equally sized distractions, because "those who love dogs can get at least as emotional about dogfighting issues" as conservative Christians can get about gay marriage. Smith disagreed.

"I'm really disgusted at all the hoopla and the noise that has been made because of Tony Dungy's comments," he said. "I don't find them remotely controversial."
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

I find it very odd that it's OK for coaches to say they wouldn't have Tebow on their team because of the media circus surrounding him, but it's not OK to say you wouldn't have Sam on your team because of the media circus surrounding him.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

the real dill wrote:I find it very odd that it's OK for coaches to say they wouldn't have Tebow on their team because of the media circus surrounding him, but it's not OK to say you wouldn't have Sam on your team because of the media circus surrounding him.
were those coaches already on the record with their previously stated support of a group trying to ban christians from getting married?

were those coaches people who had already helped to get a mega-distracting-dog-killing player back into the league?

Oh...yeah...they weren't.

This wasn't about media distractions, regardless of what dungy said later in a 'clarifying' statement. dungy supports groups that are anti-gay, and supports dog killing convicts get back into the league despite the media circus/distractions they bring along with them.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The only thing I am shocked about is people that are shocked that Tony Dungy said what he said, and feels the way he does. It isn't the least bit surprising.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

At the heart of conspiracy theories that succor the constant "wartime" mentality of Evangelicals is a bottomless self-pity they share with conservatives at large. They're so put upon that other people exist.

"So unfair!"
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law