2020 Los Angeles Rams

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

2020 Los Angeles Rams

Post by Chicat »

Word just came across the wire that they cut Todd Gurley.

:shock:

Also cut Clay Matthews, which is slightly less of a shock.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UofAlum05

Re: 2020 Los Angeles Rams

Post by UofAlum05 »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The Ram head is pretty sweet. The rest blow.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Rams trade Brandin Cooks to the Texans for a 2nd round pick. Which is kind of amazing since he had such a shitty season.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:Rams trade Brandin Cooks to the Texans for a 2nd round pick. Which is kind of amazing since he had such a shitty season.
He did but he was still a big piece of their passing game. It just feels like there is a fire sale going on now with this team.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Rams trade Brandin Cooks to the Texans for a 2nd round pick. Which is kind of amazing since he had such a shitty season.
He did but he was still a big piece of their passing game. It just feels like there is a fire sale going on now with this team.
There is, both unintentionally and intentionally.

Lot of lost free agents + guys traded & released.

The issue is that there’s a huge cap hit against Goff and Donald, and they haven’t paid Jalen Ramsey yet. I fully expect them to suck in ‘20 and hopefully come back really strong (and younger) in ‘21.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I like what they did in the draft. A lot.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They better hope the salary cap goes way up.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:They better hope the salary cap goes way up.
WTF? Didn't they learn from the Goff and Gurley contracts?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:
Kupp just got a 3 year, $48M extension. Which, besides Donald’s contract, might be the best value of the bunch.

I give them credit for trying to lock up their young talent. But with only 4 draft picks this year they’re going to have to fill in the rest of the roster with undrafted free agents and vets at the minimum. Not sure how exactly that’s going to work.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They just extended Robert Woods. $32M guaranteed over four years. $68M with incentives.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:
Kupp just got a 3 year, $48M extension. Which, besides Donald’s contract, might be the best value of the bunch.

I give them credit for trying to lock up their young talent. But with only 4 draft picks this year they’re going to have to fill in the rest of the roster with undrafted free agents and vets at the minimum. Not sure how exactly that’s going to work.
That's my issue. While I like they are locking up their young talent you still need to infuse the team with some draft picks as things can go south if you have all your eggs in one basket.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

As a Rams fan I don’t feel comfortable complaining about late game Pass Interference calls but whew... that call that gave the Bills the win today was ......... something.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That was a very good game. Call was certainly questionable at best.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:As a Rams fan I don’t feel comfortable complaining about late game Pass Interference calls but whew... that call that gave the Bills the win today was ......... something.
Was thinking the same thing. Rams have been on the fortunate side of last minute PI calls so even though the call was BS Rams have no right to complain.

The 3rd and 22 pick up earlier in the drive made me more upset actually.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Well worth the money.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That dude was like his sisters ex or something I think. Looks like big brother took care of biz for sis
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:That dude was like his sisters ex or something I think. Looks like big brother took care of biz for sis
Ehhh, sort of. But reversed.

Jalen Ramsey has two kids with Golden Tate’s sister, but left her before the second one was born. Tate didn’t like that (naturally) and talked all kinds of shit about Ramsey, talking about “he’s gonna see me on the field”.

Welllllll, Tate certainly saw Ramsey on the field since Ramsey pretty much planted him INTO the field on that play.

PS - They fought after the game during handshakes. They really don’t like each other.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Overshadowed the fact the Rams did not look very good against a winless Giants team whose leading rusher going into the game was their QB.

Chalk one up to an ugly win.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:Overshadowed the fact the Rams did not look very good against a winless Giants team whose leading rusher going into the game was their QB.

Chalk one up to an ugly win.
Rather be 3-1 than 2-2 in this division so I’ll take an ugly win.

I thought it was good for the defense to get some swagger back. Keeping even a truly shitty team out of the end zone is something to build on.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Can we just play the NFC East for the rest of the year?

Goff was outstanding but he did have a lot of open receivers. Defense had 8 sacks, AD with 4 of them.
Let's get a little 49er payback next week.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Very happy to start 4-1, especially since the schedule the rest of the way is less than ideal. Dolphins and Bucs are much improved, and the Bears are also 4-1 even though they have not been playing to their max potential. Only "gimme" game the rest of the way is against the Jets the week before Christmas.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Well, they look like absolute shit tonight. Which only feeds into my theory that McVay crumples when the lights come on.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Pathetic. I didn't catch all of the game because of the Dodger game but it did look like SF wanted it more.

And if you have been running the ball successfully up and down the field don't stop when you get near the goal line. Sheesh.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Tonight will be interesting. Nick Foles and the Bears at Jared Goff and the Rams with no fans at SoFi Stadium. I'm a Rams fan, but I'll be a little torn. I've rooted for Nick since Day One at UArizona and ever since.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote:Tonight will be interesting. Nick Foles and the Bears at Jared Goff and the Rams with no fans at SoFi Stadium. I'm a Rams fan, but I'll be a little torn. I've rooted for Nick since Day One at UArizona and ever since.
I'm a die hard Rams fan and going into this weekend I would have told you that I'd be fine with whatever happened because of how much I love Big Dick Nick.

But with Arizona beating Seattle it's both a wide open division and real easy to get left behind. NFC West teams have to win every game they can out of the division because inside the division it is going to be a brawl. Rams are already 0-1 and falling into last place is not ideal at this point. San Francisco is getting healthy, the Cards are obviously really good, and Seattle still might still be the best team in the NFC.

Now I'm looking more at this like it's a must-win.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

As a Bears Fan and a Nick Foles fan.... I'm not the slightest bit torn at who I'll be rooting for tonight!

Bear Down Chicago Bears!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

As I said, a must win. So I am happy.

But what the fuck was that 4th quarter offense?? I swear McVay’s butthole puckers whenever he’s on national television.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

How incredibly difficult is the NFC west. It’s just brutal
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:As I said, a must win. So I am happy.

But what the fuck was that 4th quarter offense?? I swear McVay’s butthole puckers whenever he’s on national television.
This. They were demolishing the Bears and decided to crawl into a hole for the last 3-4 possessions.
Good thing the defense showed up today along with the Rams Big Dick punter Johnny "Holmes" Hekker. His performance was Ray Guy-esque.

I liked the fight from this team last night coming off a lethargic effort against the 49ers.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The Rams are the worst team in the NFC West.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That performance was pathetic.

And you might be right as the 3 other teams in the NFC West are pretty damn good. Just don't know what to expect from this team week after week.

Need some damn consistency. Oh and how about figuring out how to pick up a blitz every now and then.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:That performance was pathetic.

And you might be right as the 3 other teams in the NFC West are pretty damn good. Just don't know what to expect from this team week after week.

Need some damn consistency. Oh and how about figuring out how to pick up a blitz every now and then.
Empty backfield on obvious blitzing downs killed us. All the Fins has to do was bring an extra rusher and Goff was getting smacked in the mouth. Ugly
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

West coast team playing on Eastern Seaboard in the early window. Seldom a good recipe for said west coast team.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

baycat93 wrote:

West coast team playing on Eastern Seaboard in the early window. Seldom a good recipe for said west coast team.
Except that didn't affect them against Philly, Washington and at least the 2nd half of the Buffalo game. They were quite prepared for how to deal with that old saying...
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I just saw that the Rams out gained the Finns 461-145 and had a 31-8 first down advantage yet gave up 28 points and only got 17? I thought it was a mistake when I read that. For you Rams fans, that had to be extremely frustrating. How in the world did they lose?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

azcat49 wrote:I just saw that the Rams out gained the Finns 461-145 and had a 31-8 first down advantage yet gave up 28 points and only got 17? I thought it was a mistake when I read that. For you Rams fans, that had to be extremely frustrating. How in the world did they lose?
Punt return for a TD
Fumble recovery for a TD
Another turnover in their own end that led to a TD.

21 points right there.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Big win. Pretty impressive all the way around.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The defense was impressive holding down a very potent Seahawk offense who was averaging like 34 points a game.
Still frustrated how our offense performs in the 4th quarter with a lead. The Rams should have iced it a few times after making big stops.

Oh well, can't complain about being tied for first at this point in the toughest division in the league.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Now it's on to Tampa, which will be a challenge. After that, 4 of the last 6 are at SoFi. But, there's still a return match in Seattle down the road.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:23 pm Now it's on to Tampa, which will be a challenge. After that, 4 of the last 6 are at SoFi. But, there's still a return match in Seattle down the road.
We owe Mr. Brady at least one rough game. Sure hope the D-line which was awesome vs. Seattle rattles 'ole Tommy's cage.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm concerned that Goff was under so much more pressure after Whitworth went out. Glad to hear that he's not done for the season, but McVay may need to dial up some quicker routes/throws to keep Goff upright and not throwing the ball while running for his life.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Looking forward to the Cards Rams games. This division is so tough. The last place team will finish with a better record than the NFC East.... which will be stealing a playoff spot
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Good news for all the wide receivers out there. Apparently now you can just throw a DB around like a rag doll and it’s pass interference on them.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:49 pm Well, they look like absolute shit tonight. Which only feeds into my theory that McVay crumples when the lights come on.
The whole team gets a puckered butthole in big games.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ok, I’m obviously very critical but this was a huge win.

First place and they only have to travel as far west as Phoenix the rest of the season.

Loving this defense. Long way to go, but they’ve got the pieces to go far.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:23 pm Ok, I’m obviously very critical but this was a huge win.

First place and they only have to travel as far west as Phoenix the rest of the season.

Loving this defense. Long way to go, but they’ve got the pieces to go far.
It was a big win, but I still need to nitpick...

First, I can't help but feel those 2 Brady interceptions were gifts from the football gods for 2 SB losses. Didn't they feel just gift wrapped?

This team will go as far as the defense takes them. And the D is more than Donald and Ramsey. Fuller had 2 picks and D-Line played well throughout the game putting pressure on Brady. In fact, I thought the key was holding TB to only a field goal after Goff's head-scratching interception to JPP to start the second half.

Goff is going to give me a heart attack. At times he looks so fluid and in control. Other times it looks like he has no clue. I have to admit I was impressed that he drove the team down to the winning FG after TB tied it up especially since the last 3-4 drives were atrocious.

FG kicking - well, let's just say I hope our season doesn't come down to making a FG. And why again did we not re-sign Zuerlein??? Also, Hekker looked quite pedestrian last night.

McVay - got to hand it to him. Being undefeated with a lead going into halftime is pretty amazing.

If we can remain healthy we have a good shot of making the SB. Lakers, Dodgers, and Rams? Just pinch me.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I will say this about Goff... for all the grief he takes, he was phenomenal when under pressure and on 3rd down. Those were the two situations I used to cringe at, but last night even in empty backfield situations he looked so so good. Not sure if McVay kept two TEs in to block, but whatever adjustment he made from the Miami game, it worked.

I thought Goff driving for the game winning FG was nails. I also thought he looked great in the last possession of the first half, especially getting everyone to the line and spiking the ball with one second left. That was HUGE what with getting the ball to start the second half. Obviously that first drive in the second resulted in the interception, but like you said, the D bailed them out.

If Goff can stay steady and unrattled, and if the OL can get a good push on rushing downs, the offense can absolutely take this team deep into the playoffs.