2014 Arizona Cardinals

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

JMarkJohns

Re: 2014 Arizona Cardinals

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote:Packers loss today is a huge win for the Cards.
Yep... Own tie-breaker over them!

Still gotta win one more game. I'm hoping 49ers just quit in week 17 to fire Harbaugh and to prevent Seattle from winning division again. :lol:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This will be big if SF can hold on as well.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg wrote:This will be big if SF can hold on as well.
So much for that.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So can the cardinals beat a red hot defending super bowl championship team at home with a 3rd string QB to win the division and potentially lock down home field advantage?
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

azcat49 wrote:So can the cardinals beat a red hot defending super bowl championship team at home with a 3rd string QB to win the division and potentially lock down j ome field advantage?
No, but they'll set themselves up for a Disney movie if they do...

This fall, "Next Man Up"
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

azcat49 wrote:So can the cardinals beat a red hot defending super bowl championship team at home with a 3rd string QB to win the division and potentially lock down home field advantage?
Yes.

Seahawks are 7 pt favorite.

We haven't seen Lindley play under Arians, only under Whiz and the sieve-like OL they had.

We have rediscovered our running game.

Us against the world.

It's going to be epic.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Fucking 7 point favorite in AZ? Come the fuck on Vegas.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So win on Sunday and the cardinals possibly have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Lose and they potentially have to go play a first round road wildcard game at a like 7-9 new Orleans or Atlanta. No pressure
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

The Goat wrote:Fucking 7 point favorite in AZ? Come the fuck on Vegas.
This makes me feel good. I could see the line climbing even higher too. Just absurd for an 11-3 team that is 7-0 at home. I hope every single fan and talking head thinks Seattle will come in and roll us like its nothing, stealing the NFC West and NFC supremacy, washing all of AZ's hard work away in one night. It is insane what's on the line...if AZ wins they lock up the 1 seed, giving home field advantage, first round bye to rest Stanton, and also makes the SF game week 17 meaningless, giving the team even more rest at key spots.

Arians better throw the kitchen sink at Seattle on offense...and if we can pound the rock like we have been I like our chances. Home field should not be underestimated in this matchup. Those neon bastards will be walking into a hornets nest Sunday night, it's gonna be jacked in there with the Cards trying to go 8-0 at home on national tv. Our D can shut down Seattle's weak offense...it's gonna be a good game. I can't wait.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hell Yeah! Sunday night football.

GO CARDS!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

How did our third stringer look when in on Thursday?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

CalStateTempe wrote:How did our third stringer look when in on Thursday?
Sketchy, but understandably so and not as bad as I thought he might be. Had one pass almost picked off and the team mostly ran the ball towards the end. Arians kept his passes pretty short. With a full 9 days of practice as the starter hopefully Lindley can get some flow and they can install some packages to give him the best opportunity to succeed. If there's one thing we know Arians (and Bowles) can do is adapt schemes to fit the personnel. Lindley just needs to not turn the ball over 2, 3, 4 times and the D can handle the rest. Arians has to have some stuff up his sleeve, hopefully some trickery can catch seattle off guard to give our defense a slight cushion, that would be a huge confidence booster.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Since Thomas was listed as the backup going into that game my guess is Lindley has gotten about zero snaps in practice before that game.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Just need Lindley to manage the game and not kill drives with interceptions. The crowd will be pumped and behind the team. We saw the defense stop Seattle in Seattle so there is no worry there.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

pokinmik wrote:
The Goat wrote:Fucking 7 point favorite in AZ? Come the fuck on Vegas.
This makes me feel good. I could see the line climbing even higher too. Just absurd for an 11-3 team that is 7-0 at home. I hope every single fan and talking head thinks Seattle will come in and roll us like its nothing, stealing the NFC West and NFC supremacy, washing all of AZ's hard work away in one night. It is insane what's on the line...if AZ wins they lock up the 1 seed, giving home field advantage, first round bye to rest Stanton, and also makes the SF game week 17 meaningless, giving the team even more rest at key spots.

Arians better throw the kitchen sink at Seattle on offense...and if we can pound the rock like we have been I like our chances. Home field should not be underestimated in this matchup. Those neon bastards will be walking into a hornets nest Sunday night, it's gonna be jacked in there with the Cards trying to go 8-0 at home on national tv. Our D can shut down Seattle's weak offense...it's gonna be a good game. I can't wait.
All of this. I could sell my ticket for about $500 judging by Stubhub.....not gonna happen. Mike Jurecki called this the biggest regular season game since 1998 (Chargers game at SDS to get into the playoffs) and I would tend to agree. Not to put to much pressure on it, but the difference between the scenarios is massive. Win this game and it's definitely realistic that they could gut their way to the super bowl. Lose this game and even a homer like me has a hard time seeing them winning their first playoff game.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Now at -8. I think most would say it is unreasonable to expect the cards to win this one. I think it would be tough even if Palmer was behind center. But b this is certainly a circle the wagon type game and strange things happen in football as we all know.

The running game and the OLINE will have yo be great and the cards will need to get a few turnovers on Seattle's side of the field.

Head: Seattle 16-6
Heart: AZ 12-10
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

There has been a lot of talk in other threads about why someone (myself included) would pick NFL season tickets over college, ie pick Cardinals over Wildcats.

It's pretty simple. I have witnessed seven wins, almost all amazingly entertaining games, and now get to cap the regular season off with this monster of a game. I can't even begin to explain how ridiculously amped I am for this one. I went to the Territorial Cup and was more amped for that than ever - and I already can't sleep because of this game.

The NFC Championship was an enormous game and I was there for that game. But that was different. Had we lost it was still a miracle season. This game means so much more than that. I don't think it needs explanation.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

splitsecond wrote:There has been a lot of talk in other threads about why someone (myself included) would pick NFL season tickets over college, ie pick Cardinals over Wildcats.

It's pretty simple. I have witnessed seven wins, almost all amazingly entertaining games, and now get to cap the regular season off with this monster of a game. I can't even begin to explain how ridiculously amped I am for this one. I went to the Territorial Cup and was more amped for that than ever - and I already can't sleep because of this game.

The NFC Championship was an enormous game and I was there for that game. But that was different. Had we lost it was still a miracle season. This game means so much more than that. I don't think it needs explanation.
For me it'll always be Wildcats first - with the pros, it's never far from my mind that we are cheering for laundry - and certainly the lead-up and payoff of that ASU game was hard to match. On top of it being the alma mater.... ascendant program ahead of schedule, wild magical season, against objectively evil rival? No contest. (Many bro-hugs given that day, almost as many as for the NFC championship.)

However.

Perenially downtrodden franchise at the top of the standings, yet still not respected
Amazing mental fortitude to soldier on past injuries
Head Coach that defies most conventional wisdom and has his players ready to run through a brick wall
DC that is a freaking savant super-genius
Shaky 3rd string QB forced into action

vs.
Super Bowl Champs with a killer defense on a hot streak
America's most annoying fan base*

Playing on national TV on Sunday night, with a chance to go undefeated at home and seal home field advantage in a season where the Super Bowl would be a home game....
Yeah, it's a big game. :-)

*I actually find it hard to hate the Seahawks players/organization - Carroll can rub me the wrong way but I can't think of a player on that team that I hate (now that Golden Tate is gone). What I DO hate is the Seahawks fan culture This whole celebration of the "12th man" is both stolen from Aggie and incredibly self-indulgent. "Who cares what players are on the field, WE'RE the show!!! Look at how LOUD we are!!! 12th MAN!!!! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to help make this tifo for the Sounders match." Posers.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lets go Cardinals!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I've never liked Cris Collinsworth going back to when he called the Cardinals Vikings 98 playoff game.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I guess Vegas was right when then set the o/u at the lowest this season
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Damn it
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Ball game.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

It's gonna get ugly
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

3rd stringer doesn't have it.

We're done. typical cardinals.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Welp. Time to go play at a 7-9 falcons team
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Oh wellllll
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe wrote:3rd stringer doesn't have it.

Not the typical Cardinals at all. The Cards of the past lost because they just plain sucked. This season it was pure injuries.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

maybe, but disappointment comes in all shades as a cardinals fan.

This year the disappointment was in factors/injuries outside their control, which makes the disappointment feel so much worse than years past.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

61 yards offense
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Wanted to add something here, but CST sums it up: Lindley just doesn't have it.

And the gap between he and Russell Wilson is so ridiculous it might as well be the actual Grand Canyon. Not going with quick high-percentage passes from the opening drive just killed the O once the Seahawks got in the end zone.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

How many teams have effectively a 4th string QB just off another team's practice squad that could do any better?
-JB
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Cardinals weren't going to win led by Lindley, but they could've come up with a system to win with him as an accessory.

Not going to happen now, with control of the game with Seattle.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Against the best D in football an accessory QB could win this game? (Without our starting RB)

Respectfully disagree cg97
-JB
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

So the Cardinals never had a chance Eebs?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

catgrad97 wrote:So the Cardinals never had a chance Eebs?

Not with Lindley playing like this. Had to make throws. Can't just handoff and throw 5 yard dump offs against Seattle.
-JB
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Are you kidding me? That is a beyond shit attitude. You want to know what typical Cardinals is? It is a team that starts 4-0 loses their quarterback and finishes 5-11. That is typical Cardinals. Not a team who loses multiple key players and still are in the playoffs. Let me know how many teams have a 2 quarterbacks who can play much less 3.

This team deserves nothing but praise.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

The Goat wrote:

Are you kidding me? That is a beyond shit attitude. You want to know what typical Cardinals is? It is a team that starts 4-0 loses their quarterback and finishes 5-11. That is typical Cardinals. Not a team who loses multiple key players and still are in the playoffs. Let me know how many teams have a 2 quarterbacks who can play much less 3.

This team deserves nothing but praise.
They faced a much healthier team today. Much.

I'm not sure I've ever been more proud to say I'm a Cardinals fan. I love what this team has done amidst the context of how they've done it. I have battled through a lot in my life and my family has as well, and I can identify with this team more than any I've ever rooted for regardless of sport. They are the actual version of Rocky.

They got knocked to the mat tonight.

I expect a win at SF next week, and if they get a few breaks, maybe they win the division.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Longhorned wrote:
pokinmik wrote:Cards will be alright. Stanton and the team need to secure home-field advantage. 4-3 down the stretch with a win over Sea should do it. I'll take this team with Stanton at the helm in 2 home playoff games for the Super Bowl appearance. But now if Stanton goes down, forget about it...sucks.
Depends how much bad luck the Cardinals are hiding in their trousers. The degree to which they've weathered the bad luck on quarterback injuries this season doesn't mean they haven't already carried more than their fare share. If Stanton goes out with his second injury of the year while trying to stand in for an injured Palmer again, then that would be absurd. They should get some kind refund from the football gods.
I stand by this.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Started a guy that was on the Charger practice squad like 2 months ago. 0 TDs, 8 INTs on his career. Everyone should have seen that beat down coming
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Well last night officially passed up the 2009 Oregon game for most depressing and deflating football game I have ever attended. Also the first to cause me to drink so much I woke up at 5 AM to vomit.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So, the big QB question. Will Palmer be back? If not, what are our options?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Logan Thomas is starting against the 49ers.
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
that's pretty crazy
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

scumdevils86 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
that's pretty crazy
Especially considering injuries since selections.

What did he pick for this week?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Meh, San Fran. He will probably be right.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

prob. i'm pretty much expecting the cards to lose this weekend and lose in the first round.
UAEebs86

And the good news continues...

Post by UAEebs86 »

:(
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Play Logan Thomas the next 2 games and see what you've got. If it's apparent that he doesn't have it then draft another QB this up coming draft.