Adrian Peterson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bruins01

Re: Adrian Peterson

Post by Bruins01 »

I don't know why we haven't collectively put salty on ignore yet. There are only a couple hundred of us.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I can't remember the last time I had someone on ignore. Even HSP at TOS I didn't. But that's enough. Salty has only proven one thing, he only comes here to troll and has nothing meaningful to add to the conversation.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Is there anybody who still "loves" the NFL after this garbage?

Oh, we'll make you tackle and angle your body in 12 different ways so we don't get sued for causing any concussions, and dancing after touchdowns are horrible too--but beat your wife and kids and you don't have to stop playing on Sunday?

The league has stunk of hypocrisy to me for years. How it is handling Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice makes the stink full-on diseased rot.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

"I see nothing wrong with what AP did in regards to disciplining his children"--signed, current or future child abusers.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

too soon?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

the real dill wrote:too soon?
Nah, you're good.

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Minnesota Vikings Reverse Course, Suspend Adrian Peterson

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/minnesota- ... d=25557213
The Minnesota Vikings have reversed course on the handling of running back Adrian Peterson, placing him on the exempt/commissioner’s permission list -- meaning he is suspended indefinitely from all team activities amid the running back’s child-abuse case.

Peterson was indicted last week in Montgomery County, Texas, on a count of reckless or negligent injury to a child, after he reportedly used a switch, or a tree branch, to spank his son.

After Peterson sat out Sunday’s game, the Vikings decided to reinstate him, a decision that drew sharp criticism. The Radisson hotel chain suspended its partnership with the club because of the reinstatement of Peterson.

The team’s decision will allow Peterson to “take care of his personal situation until the legal proceedings are resolved,” according to a statement from Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf.

“After giving the situation additional thought, we have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian,” the statement read.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The team’s decision will allow Peterson to “take care of his personal situation until the legal proceedings are resolved,” according to a statement from Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf.

:lol:

Oh man, that was a good one...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Man, I hate corporate speak.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Team: We feel we are doing the right thing.

Sponsor: We will take our money someplace else.

Team: Umm, wait a minute........
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Zygi Wilf, aka Waluigi, is an evil pathetic man.

The NFL and the teams involved with all these controversies lately are handling things sooo poorly. I'm loving watching them squirm.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I just love the idea that they went to Peterson and said, "Look, we're not going to let you play football, or even be around the team in any way, and we're not going to pay you your enormous salary, but it's for you're own good. Really, when you think about it, we're doing you a huge favor here. You understand, right?"
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The NFL has just announced a new system to hand out punishment to its players. Every time a player now gets into any type of a trouble they will now put up a poll to the public and have them decide what to do.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Peterson is still getting paid his $11.75M this year.

Peterson's response to everything has really bugged me. He still doesn't think what he did was wrong, simply because his dad beat the f*ck out of him in the same way so that makes everything okay in his mind. Peterson just tweets out and hides behind BS 'christian/bible' quotes that aren't even really from the bible. The dude is a moron.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:I just love the idea that they went to Peterson and said, "Look, we're not going to let you play football, or even be around the team in any way, and we're not going to pay you your enormous salary, but it's for you're own good. Really, when you think about it, we're doing you a huge favor here. You understand, right?"
I think he's still getting his 11.5 mil this season.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

pokinmik wrote:Peterson is still getting paid his $11.75M this year.

Peterson's response to everything has really bugged me. He still doesn't think what he did was wrong, simply because his dad beat the f*ck out of him in the same way so that makes everything okay in his mind. Peterson just tweets out and hides behind BS 'christian/bible' quotes that aren't even really from the bible. The dude is a moron.
Totally.

And I agree. Im loving watching the NFL squirm right now.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If he's still getting paid, then I guess they really are doing him a huge favor.

Welp, I've watched my last NFL game on television, that's for fucking sure.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

I think it was his grandmother that whipped him. If I recall, his dad was in prison and his mom was a drug addict.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I wonder just exactly how did the Vikings think public perception was going to go on this issue once they decided to reinstate him?

What kind of moron couldn't see the shitstorm that was coming from that decision?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

SCCat

Post by SCCat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I wonder just exactly how did the Vikings think public perception was going to go on this issue once they decided to reinstate him?

What kind of moron couldn't see the shitstorm that was coming from that decision?
Money trumps morals. They had games to win which equals dollars. They had jerseys to sell which equals dollars. Doing the right thing pales in comparison to those $$$.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Everyone is missing the point...none of this matters. Ratings at all time highs, and nobody is refusing to watch nor attend games.

A beer company taking moral high ground is hilarious. Nothing will change. The NFL has, and always will, suck.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And it won't matter and people will always support it.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Olsondogg wrote:Everyone is missing the point...none of this matters. Ratings at all time highs, and nobody is refusing to watch nor attend games.

A beer company taking moral high ground is hilarious. Nothing will change. The NFL has, and always will, suck.
And that's all part of the money over morals calculus. It's one thing to say you're outraged. It's another to give up your seats on the 40 that it's taken your family 15 years to move into. We will see how many people do that (and then we will see how many people snap those available tickets up sixty seconds later).

Who knows, perhaps things are changing. Perhaps the NFL has messed this up so bad that attitudes will change. We will see, but as you allude to ODogg, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Nothing will change at all. Don't you remember when that player shot his girl and then drove to the practice facility and shot himself in front of coaches? That's a pretty extreme example of domestic violence right there.

Oh and I'm sure AP is the only player "disciplining" his children in that manner...

I attended an NFL game a few years back. Never again. A horrifying scene, and completely contrary to the experiences I've had at a college game. The league and all those that support it are out of whack.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

the real dill wrote:

I think it was his grandmother that whipped him. If I recall, his dad was in prison and his mom was a drug addict.
She probably did. But here's where I read about his dad beating him back in the day. I guess his dad was around at least when he was a small kid. His dad pulled off his belt after football practice one time, in front of 20 or so people, and started laying into him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11540 ... ta-vikings
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Olsondogg wrote:Everyone is missing the point...none of this matters. Ratings at all time highs, and nobody is refusing to watch nor attend games.

I agree. People really do need to 'speak' with their dollars. I hate the NFL but will admit I like watching the Cardinals. But I never attend games or buy merchandise, and watch online illegaly since the Cardinals are rarely on here in VA. Oh and I don't play fantasy. Online fantasy is the only reason the NFL is king right now. A huuuge chunk of people would not give a crap about the NFL except they get sucked into these fantasy leagues so they start following their players every Thursday/Sunday/Monday.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

pokinmik wrote:

I agree. People really do need to 'speak' with their dollars. I hate the NFL but will admit I like watching the Cardinals. But I never attend games or buy merchandise, and watch online illegaly since the Cardinals are rarely on here in VA. Oh and I don't play fantasy. Online fantasy is the only reason the NFL is king right now. A huuuge chunk of people would not give a crap about the NFL except they get sucked into these fantasy leagues so they start following their players every Thursday/Sunday/Monday.
Dude, you're my kindred spirit. If I'm in DC for a CATS BB game, we should get a beer.

I do miss watching the Cardinals, but the NFL can go pound sand.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:Nothing will change at all. Don't you remember when that player shot his girl and then drove to the practice facility and shot himself in front of coaches? That's a pretty extreme example of domestic violence right there.

Oh and I'm sure AP is the only player "disciplining" his children in that manner...

I attended an NFL game a few years back. Never again. A horrifying scene, and completely contrary to the experiences I've had at a college game. The league and all those that support it are out of whack.
The NFL is dominant right now, but the long term outlook is shaky. CTE and associated concerns are going to curtail popularity, but that won't be immediate.

The domestic violence issue is less serious than Goodell's incompetent handling of it. You're right, Jovon Belcher's murder should have been a wakeup call, but it wasn't. Goodell hasn't led, he's simply been reactive to bad press. That is the approach that needs to change. Being proactive is not what the NFL does, and that's why we're seeing the foundation of the league crack.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Haha, yea CST hit me up if in the area. Likewise if I'm down in the triangle.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

pokinmik wrote:Haha, yea CST hit me up if in the area. Likewise if I'm down in the triangle.
For sure.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Reggie Bush admits to "harshly disciplining" his one-year-old daughter.
I most definitely discipline my daughter. I have a 1-year-old daughter, and I discipline her. Obviously, every person is different, and I definitely will use my best judgement to discipline her depending on the situation and what happens. I definitely will try to obviously not leave bruises or anything like that on her, but I definitely will discipline her, harshly, depending on what the situation is.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bruins01 wrote:Reggie Bush admits to "harshly disciplining" his one-year-old daughter.
I most definitely discipline my daughter. I have a 1-year-old daughter, and I discipline her. Obviously, every person is different, and I definitely will use my best judgement to discipline her depending on the situation and what happens. I definitely will try to obviously not leave bruises or anything like that on her, but I definitely will discipline her, harshly, depending on what the situation is.
"I definitely will try not to obviously leave bruises."

Way to set the bar high!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

When asked if that harsh discipline would include using a branch or "switch," Bush said he would.

"I would possibly consider it, depending on what she did."

Reggie now backtracking.

"Obviously, I'm not going to be spanking a 1-year-old girl," he said. "But we do discipline her a little bit. It's funny because she does this thing now, where if she doesn't like something or you say something to her that she doesn't like, she kind of swings at you.

"We're already starting to implement little things like talking to her and telling her that's not OK. Obviously, people took it too far and thought I was doing something much worse."
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bruins01 wrote:Reggie Bush admits to "harshly disciplining" his one-year-old daughter.

uhhh, most 1-year-olds don't speak yet and barely walk. what could they be disciplined for?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

There are a ton of shitty parents out there.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:When asked if that harsh discipline would include using a branch or "switch," Bush said he would.

"I would possibly consider it, depending on what she did."

Reggie now backtracking.

"Obviously, I'm not going to be spanking a 1-year-old girl," he said. "But we do discipline her a little bit. It's funny because she does this thing now, where if she doesn't like something or you say something to her that she doesn't like, she kind of swings at you.

"We're already starting to implement little things like talking to her and telling her that's not OK. Obviously, people took it too far and thought I was doing something much worse."
So to teach her that it's not ok to hit, Reggie Bush is going to hit her? How is he going to teach her the 10 Commandments? That first one will be a doozy of a lesson!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:There are a ton of shitty parents out there.
My rule of thumb is this: Anyone telling you they are a great parent is anything but.

I'm a parent, and most of the time I have no idea what I am doing. But I know what NOT to do...that's the secret.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Adam Schefter
9 mins ·
Court records show while giving his urine sample Wednesday, Adrian Peterson admitted to a staffer he had 'smoked a little weed' before the test. As a result of that, the Montgomery County District Attorney has asked the judge in this case to set aside Peterson's $15,000 bond and have him arrested again.
However, there won't likely be any action on Thursday because the current judge presiding over Peterson's case is facing a recusal hearing scheduled to take place on Friday morning.
Peterson's attorney Rusty Hardin has not been available for comment.