Soccer thread (Champions League • PL • La Liga • Euros etc)

Futbol/Soccer, Golf, Cricket, Motor Sports, or anything else

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Soccer thread (Champions League • PL • La Liga • Euros etc)

Post by Chicat »

Well that sucked a dead dog’s dick.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:15 pm Well that sucked a dead dog’s dick.
At least your team didn’t get robbed by the officials like my Gunners did. 3 possible VAR decisions on the the only goal of the game and all 3 went against Arsenal.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:39 pm
At least your team didn’t get robbed by the officials like my Gunners did. 3 possible VAR decisions on the the only goal of the game and all 3 went against Arsenal.
Not robbed per se, but a total of 8 yellows, 2 reds, coupled with 5 disallowed goals is something I’ve certainly never seen before. The ref and VAR seem to have had a bad day overall.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:51 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:39 pm
Not robbed per se, but a total of 8 yellows, 2 reds, coupled with 5 disallowed goals is something I’ve certainly never seen before. The ref and VAR seem to have had a bad day overall.
I was flying home Chi so didn’t catch it. Wow never heard of that myself. What a crazy game.

I think for a league touting itself as the best in the world they need to figure out how this VAR is going to work as it’s supposed to improve on the quality of decisions not cause havoc.

World Cup seems to be able to use it without such chaos.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yeah it was a bit of a shit-show. But it affected both sides (except the two reds were both on the Spurs) so like I said they didn’t get robbed. Just a really tough, borderline bizarre, game. Oh well, onto the next one.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

We just can’t let City win again Chi…
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:05 pm We just can’t let City win again Chi…
No we cannot.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I don't have Twitter/X but this just came through. About fucking time.

World Cup-style VAR is set to arrive in the Premier League next season.

FIFA rolled it out in Qatar complete with a chip in the ball plus cameras tracking 29 body parts of each player

Club's voted against semi-automated offside technology and its "limb-tracking" cameras for this season, despite it being installed in UEFA competitions.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

There’s the Spurs team I thought we had before the season started.

Absolutely fucking awful.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:39 am There’s the Spurs team I thought we had before the season started.

Absolutely fucking awful.
I’m not going to say anything Chi but they sure did bottle that one.

Those late game goal concessions to drop points are killers.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Nothing needs to be said. The results speak for themselves.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Michigan win over tOSU - check
Arizona beat down of ASSU - check
Arsenal win at tough Brentford to put them at the top of the Table - check

It was a good day yesterday for ECC.😁
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spurs go down 2-1 to Aston Villa at home and fall out of the top-4.

Being down 10 men and then losing the one guy who’s come back from injury in the first 30 minutes due to a shitty tackle was just too much to overcome. Tired legs and no viable subs. Not a recipe for success.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Ha great response by Real Madrid to Napoli’s goal.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Arsenal wins their group with an impressive 6-0 shellacking of Lens. Love CL where teams don’t park the bus like they do in the EPL against the Gunners.

ManU lol.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Mid-week PL game against pesky Luton Town. Declan Rice comes through on the last kick in stoppage time to give the Gunners a thrilling come from behind 4-3 win.

Worried about the goalie Raya who gave up 2 soft goals. Havertz with another goal and starting to add value.

5 points clear at the top feels good (at least until tomorrow).
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spurs are so goddamn lucky. Should have lost 6-2 to Everton today instead they win 2-1. Everton put one off the crossbar at 90+4 and it went off Vicario’s leg inside the goal but they didn’t even check VAR.

Better to be lucky than good I guess.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

2 of the 3 PL heavyweights went at it at Anfield today ending in a deserved 1-1 draw.

Not too disappointed coming away with 1 point considering how poorly Arsenal usually plays there as well as Klopp calling out Liverpool fans to step up the noise in the pre-match interview.

Gunners at the top of the table at the Christmas break!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Up early watching Tottenham/Everton.

Boy do my Spurs enjoy passing the ball to other team in the midfield. I guess it’s good to have hobbies. 🙄

COYS!!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

And they snatch a tie from the jaws of victory in the fourth minute of extra time like a bunch of wankers.

Need all our guys back from injury and internationals. We should have spanked Everton.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

You can watch the real pivotal PL match of the weekend tomorrow at the Emirates if you’d like…

😬
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Huge win for Arsenal today against Liverpool.

They were the better side but more importantly it puts them back into the title hunt.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Huge win by Tottenham at Villa to keep those top-4 dreams alive. Guess I was wrong about this team having a pulse.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Nice win Chi.

Forgot to post yesterday on my Gunners big win over Brentford thanks to a last minute goal by King Kai Havertz who a lot of fans don’t like because of his high transfer cost. Saved the day after Ramsdale’s brain fart at the end of the first half.

Just need City and Pool to stay tied in this match and we will remain top of the league!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:14 am Just need City and Pool to stay tied in this match and we will remain top of the league!
Got your wish!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Fun games this past weekend and now business end of CL ties starting up!!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Haha rewatch the Barca goal at 15 minutes (the first goal), focus on Levandowski and his veteran move.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Trossard…fantastic.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Go Gunners!!!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Oh Tyler Adams. Damn bro.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Been a long time since I followed soccer. I was so disappointed with Berhalter continued his contract as the head coach of the national team. So disappointing. He is average. He doesn't understand about adjusting to the players you have. Yet, he does learn, just slow. I like the talent on the USMNT, but it is hard to follow them when Berhalter doesn't see what he has. He is not an X's and O's coach. Nevertheless, he does adjust (slowly). Reyna was always a midfielder and glad he plays that now. Maybe Berhalter is the best we can get. It may be disappointing because the USMNT has so much potential. If we actually had a developmental system that matches the rest of the world, we could win the World Cup in the future. 2026 can be special, if the cards are right. I believe semi-final is our goal. We have the pieces. I am concerned that Berhalter can put them together.

The USMNT is so talented. They need to be used the right way. I am not confident Berhalter can do that. BTW, I am finally watching the USMNT vs Mexico in the Nation's League. Love Adams and Reyna.

Tyler Adams is the best player on the team. He can play offense and defense. I can't wait until he is full form.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Heard there is a little match coming up in North London Sunday. Might tune in. How about you ECC?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 pm Heard there is a little match coming up in North London Sunday. Might tune in. How about you ECC?
I was waiting for you to chime in Chi. Yes, will be watching intently tomorrow as Arsenal can’t afford to drop points if they want to win the title.

We are in good form after killing Chelsea earlier this week but you guys are rested. We appear stronger in midfield with Rice and Odegaard playing lights out so that’s what I will be watching. Our Achilles heel is sometimes on the counter with quality strikers/wings getting in space so that’s the best chance of scoring on us because our set defense with CB’s Gabriel and Saliva have been solid.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spurs have some injuries that are putting guys in roles they aren’t suited for, but I’m interested to see if we can catch you all offsides a few times playing the high line on D. Might be the difference in salvaging a tie or giving you all 3 points.