Honduras has only lost one game this year and that was 1-0 to Brazil fwiw
azgreg

Re: Gold Cup

Post by azgreg »

Haiti giving USA all they can handle.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Mexico sure does have some bad fans. Shining laser light into the Trinidad player's eyes on corner kicks. Throwing bottles and various other crap at him during the corner kick.

I'm glad they didn't get the win in that game. Good job fighting back Trinidad
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Mexico sure does have some bad fans. Shining laser light into the Trinidad player's eyes on corner kicks. Throwing bottles and various other crap at him during the corner kick.

That's normal for Mexico fans. You should see when the US Men's Soccer team visits Mexico City.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Catintheheat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:Mexico sure does have some bad fans. Shining laser light into the Trinidad player's eyes on corner kicks. Throwing bottles and various other crap at him during the corner kick.

That's normal for Mexico fans. You should see when the US Men's Soccer team visits Mexico City.
I guess I would have hoped for, if nothing else, better security at such an event. Someone does that laser light thing at a game here for our major sports, and security gets the person and throws them out. Shameful behavior by "fans" and even if they're allowed to do it in Mexico City, it's still shameful. Not to mention dangerous, with all that crap being thrown at him. Just really pisses me off whenever I see that.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Not sure how Cuba was able to get out of their group. But it wont be long till Cuba become a bigger force when they can have players getting experience in foreign nations.

Overall, so far this US Gold Cup has been more about who has been playing badly than who has been playing well.

Still it is an important Gold Cup.

Zardes seems to have a good soccer mind, but lacks the touch to be really effective. Hopefully, he keeps improving.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That was a terrible call
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Well these last four minutes have been quite the clusterfuck
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Beckerman, Bradley, and Brooks have been horrific
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So, yeah, that first half sure did suck.

Agreed on the terrible call.

Agreed on the horrific play you mention.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

lmfao, so bad

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Jurgy has to go right?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote:Jurgy has to go right?
Seriously? I would wait for another few por performances before that occurs.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

We are horribly inconsistent, we arent better than before, Donovan, and his team selection is poor

Should we wait until WC qualifcation is ruined?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote:We are horribly inconsistent, we arent better than before, Donovan, and his team selection is poor

Who would you replace him with?

I think we are better than with Bradley but yes very inconsistent
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

If we don't win the confederation playoff, there will be alot of noise making. This was a bad loss.

The whole tournament has been bad from player selection to lineups, especially for defense.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

OSUCat wrote:If we don't win the confederation playoff, there will be alot of noise making. This was a bad loss.

The whole tournament has been bad from player selection to lineups, especially for defense.
When will that playoff be played?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

While I agree the team has not performed well in the Gold Cup there was a lit of bad luck and good scoring chances. US could have easily won by multiple goals today
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

PHXCATS wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:We are horribly inconsistent, we arent better than before, Donovan, and his team selection is poor

Who would you replace him with?

I think we are better than with Bradley but yes very inconsistent
I think Jurgy was great in getting the US to push forward with their youth programs. Replacing? I dunno
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

how much money does mexico pay fifa annually for all these piss poor calls to go their way?

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Mexico needs to play it's WC qualifers in empty stadiums in Mexico
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote:Mexico needs to play it's WC qualifers in empty stadiums in Mexico
Totally agree
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
OSUCat wrote:If we don't win the confederation playoff, there will be alot of noise making. This was a bad loss.

October at the Rose Bowl.

In regards to JK, we extended him until 2018 not too long ago. How much would his buyout be and honestly who the hell would we hire to replace him? If we win the playoff he's obviously going nowhere, but if he loses then the pressure will be on like never before. I have to say his roster decisions and namely sticking with Timmy Chandler at all costs when Yedlin has proven to be far superior along with Brooks/Alvarado as his preferred mid backs in this tourney have been ridiculously questionable. Why the hell did we come out in a 4-2-3-1 exactly? When was the last time this team has used that lineup and what advantage was it supposed to provide? Just so many "WTFs?" this tourney.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

In regards to JK, we extended him until 2018 not too long ago. How much would his buyout be and honestly who the hell would we hire to replace him? If we win the playoff he's obviously going nowhere, but if he loses then the pressure will be on like never before. I have to say his roster decisions and namely sticking with Timmy Chandler at all costs when Yedlin has proven to be far superior along with Brooks/Alvarado as his preferred mid backs in this tourney have been ridiculously questionable. Why the hell did we come out in a 4-2-3-1 exactly? When was the last time this team has used that lineup and what advantage was it supposed to provide? Just so many "WTFs?" this tourney.
Thanks. I found an article a few minutes ago that said October 9th. The article said the Rose Bowl would likely be the venue of Mexico wins Sunday. Have you seen it confirmed as that location no matter what? I see the Rose Bowl or U of P stadium if it is Mexico, more likely Rose Bowl, but doubt they would play US Jamaca there.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Thanks. I found an article a few minutes ago that said October 9th. The article said the Rose Bowl would likely be the venue of Mexico wins Sunday. Have you seen it confirmed as that location no matter what? I see the Rose Bowl or U of P stadium if it is Mexico, more likely Rose Bowl, but doubt they would play US Jamaca there.
Nah sorry all I saw was that it was likely being played in the Rose Bowl. I don't know why we couldn't play it there against Jamaica though. It's not as if there's a more neutral site in the state for a game against them.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Lost in a shoot out to Panama.....

USA-4th place in the Gold Cup........
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

OSUCat wrote:Lost in a shoot out to Panama.....

Genius lineup put together today by JK. Good to hear he'll be using a very similar one in the playoff.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Oye

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
OSUCat wrote:Lost in a shoot out to Panama.....

Genius lineup put together today by JK. Good to hear he'll be using a very similar one in the playoff.
US hasn't had the same lineup since 2014. Today's lineup was the first time these players played with each other.

I wonder if he goes by names in a hat strategy?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

So is now when I get to say I told you so about this clown of a "coach"?
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

We gonna have a thread on WCQ? Or one for the "CONCACAF Cup"? JK has never lost to Mexico, but I'm afraid of what will happen if he trots out has-beens like Beckerman again. Guardado looks like he hurt himself pretty badly, so we've got that going for us I guess...
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Do we fire Jurgy with a loss? His inability to fund a pair of centerbacks is killing success
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

MrBug708 wrote:Do we fire Jurgy with a loss? His inability to fund a pair of centerbacks is killing success
U-23's are almost certainly eliminated from the Olympics now. So he's twice failed as Technical Director and his vaunted youth movement has been an abject failure.

In other words, Gulati will probably give him a raise and post another poster of him above his bed.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Damn Mexico is all over us

1-0 in the tenth minute
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

SCCats wrote:Damn Mexico is all over us

1-0 in the tenth minute
Four minutes later it's clear Mexico changed their formation to a more defensive one, which I think is s mistake because their other formation was killing us

And there's the U.S. Goal. That formation change was a mistake.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

US needs to make a change. Yedlin for Zardes would be the first move. I'd take out Beckerman too, but Jurgy loves him
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

MrBug708 wrote:US needs to make a change. Yedlin for Zardes would be the first move. I'd take out Beckerman too, but Jurgy loves him
Jones looks tired too. All those midfielders have had to do a lot of running/covering
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

We got pretty lucky on that Besler non call
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yeah, that was a hand ball.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That was sad. Had Jurgy not been tinkering with his lineup for the past 18 months, we shouldnt have even been playing this game
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

That was awful soccer. We have massively regressed under this fucktard. #Lahmwasright
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

He just sent Fabian Johnson home because he took himself out and wasted Jurgy's last sub for Rimando for the PK's
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Oh Jurgy. Apparently Fabian was hurt..
shimdic

Post by shimdic »

Are there really not better players out there for the team? No more Jozy please.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

First three game losing streak on home in 28 years
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Well that was not enjoyable to watch.
Attachments
Jurgen-Klinsmann.jpg
Jurgen-Klinsmann.jpg (18.98 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I really like Weston McKennie. USMNT should be winning by more than they are. They are dominating Trinidad & Tobago.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That was a great goal.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

And another.