Formula1

Futbol/Soccer, Golf, Cricket, Motor Sports, or anything else

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UALoco

Formula1

Post by UALoco »

I am the only Formula1 fan I know. I used to watch Indy in the 80's and loved Andretti. NASCAR never appealed to me. I eventually just lost interest in Indy and would just casually watch the Indy500 and occasionally other races. Back in 2008 I was watching an Indy race and they stopped when it started raining because they postponed the race..I started channel surfing and an F1 race was on and it started raining as well but they just came into the pits, put on rain tires, got gas and went back out there slipping and sliding, passing and crashing. It was awesome. There was also this young black driver named Lewis Hamilton that seemed to be an uncanny fast driver in the wet. I continued to watch the rest of the season and saw Hamilton win the Championship in the last race, on the last lap after it started to rain and he passed a driver to make enough points to rip the Championship from another driver named Massa who was the provisional Champion for 8 seconds. The ecstasy and the crushing defeat at the same time, it was awesome...a true F1 fan was born. Since then, Lewis has become the Tiger Lewis of motor racing but he was smart enough not to get married. He is in an epic battle this year with his team mate and nemesis Rosberg. Anyone out there watching the US Grand Prix this weekend?
azgreg

Re: Formula1

Post by azgreg »

I watch F1 from time to time as a matter of fact I watched qualifying today. The cars are amazing.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

azgreg wrote:I watch F1 from time to time as a matter of fact I watched qualifying today. The cars are amazing.
Do you think Lewis can catch Rosberg? He pretty much needs to with 4 and for Rosberg to do worse than 2nd twice...or have 1 really bad race. Lewis can win 4 but Rosberg can be super careful and still win 2nd in the rest of the races..the other cars are no competition for the silver arrows. Lewis also has to figure out his starts..gonna be tough. He was awesome today in qualifying..
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I don't know. I don't follow it that close. Every time I watch though Hamilton seems to win. To be honest with you I'd rather watch late models or sprint cars on a dirt track.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Not a fan, but I've been to watch one. Zzz... Couldn't see anything other than one sharp corner on the track.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Didn't the prickly German Katzenfreud work in Formula 1? Forgot what his job was.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Definitely a sport I think is better enjoyed from the comforts of home with all the tv coverage...It would be nice to watch from a garage next to the driver's hot groupies.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I had the wekend pass which I split up amongst some friends. It's quite a spectacle - really cool stuff going on the whole time till the race, in this case on a Sunday night. Got to see the Porsche race which was more interesting just because they're slower, lol.

Lots of cuties wandering around the whole time.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy