Go Kings Go!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

mytwocents

Go Kings Go!

Post by mytwocents »

Since there's no topic here yet...and since my first sports love was hockey, I suppose it's fitting I start one...

Rangers can suck it.
azgreg

Re: Go Kings Go!

Post by azgreg »

Fuck the Kings.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Fuck the Rangers...and the Coyotes for that matter.

But at least you posted in my thread. It appears no one on here is a legit hockey fan. And yeah bitches...I know my old school hockey shit so....

GO KINGS GO
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Game 1 was good and game two have been very good as well.

4-3 Rangers with 18 left in the 3rd.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Tied at 4, 8 minutes left
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

I'm wondering if the "penalty" called on the Kings with 8:36 was the weirdest penalty/not a penalty I've ever seen in hockey.

I think I need to see the replay again, but that...looked like nothing. /confused
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Kings!

This series has to be tough so far if you're a Ranger's fan, but it's been entertaining as fuck.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The Kings have led exactly 0:00 during this series but lead 2-0.

You can say they are lucky, but this team is just a bunch of grinders.

And screw the Rangers whining about that non-interference call. Man up and hold a lead.

Go Kings Go!
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

EastCoastCat wrote:The Kings have led exactly 0:00 during this series but lead 2-0.
That's gotta be the craziest thing to fathom...

Oh...and GO KINGS GO
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Don't care about Kings/Rangers, being a Red Wings fan, but if we're just cursing...

[youtube]AHK9S8EMcyE[/youtube]
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

Relatively new hockey fan here, but I've been pulling for the Kings for most of the playoffs.

I'm generally a basketball guy, but hockey has been much much better than basketball this postseason.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

UAGreg wrote:Relatively new hockey fan here, but I've been pulling for the Kings for most of the playoffs.

I'm generally a basketball guy, but hockey has been much much better than basketball this postseason.
Good team to pick ;) Been a Kings fan since I was a little girl. Like back when I got made fun of for wearing what my school friends thought were the discounted mistake ridden Lakers gear.
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Don't care about Kings/Rangers, being a Red Wings fan, but if we're just cursing...

[youtube]AHK9S8EMcyE[/youtube]
Awesome. I like being able to curse btw. I hope it stays that way.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

azgreg wrote:Image
sup Chicago? Where you at?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

mytwocents wrote:
Not really a Chicago fan, but I hate the Kings.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

azgreg wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Not really a Chicago fan, but I hate the Kings.
Who's your team? And why you hate us...cause we're an L.A. team?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

mytwocents wrote: Who's your team? And why you hate us...cause we're an L.A. team?
I'm a Coyotes fan, but I'm at a point in my life where I hate 95% of LA.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

It's all over but the crying.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Jonathan Quick, a native of Milford CT/played his youth hockey in Hamden, CT (both towns my son used to play at) was absolutely sick last night.
Rangers are still scratching their heads.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

EastCoastCat wrote:Jonathan Quick, a native of Milford CT/played his youth hockey in Hamden, CT (both towns my son used to play at) was absolutely sick last night.
Quick was playing out of his mind last night. Kings are a very fun team to watch.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

azgreg wrote:
mytwocents wrote: Who's your team? And why you hate us...cause we're an L.A. team?
I'm a Coyotes fan, but I'm at a point in my life where I hate 95% of LA.
Coyotes suck. We had season seats the first season they were in Phoenix...Awesome seats...since no one actually lived there full time my parents gave em away a lot. Then we realized Phoenix isn't a hockey town so they got rid of em. Good thing cause screw going to Glendale 42 times a year.

I get the L.A. hate to a point...but for me, I'm a native so you know...

And yeah, QUICK was effing amazing Monday night. Hoping for a repeat so that I don't have to worry about spending a grand on going to see em on Friday.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

EastCoastCat wrote:Jonathan Quick, a native of Milford CT/played his youth hockey in Hamden, CT (both towns my son used to play at) was absolutely sick last night.
Grew up back east and played hockey through junior high school. Was a big Hartford Whalers fan and a huge Ron Francis fan. Will never root for Carolina. :evil: Since their move, I have followed the Devils and Coyotes, so I don't like either team but will pull for the Kings. Can't pull myself rooting for the Rangers. Nice to see some hockey talk, I post a lot on the HF boards.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Wow. The Kings just got 1/2 inch from a tie game, and I think that dude covered the puck in the blue. The Rangers live...
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

More hockey!!!!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The Rangers got most of the breaks last night ( 2 pucks on the goal line - are you friggin kidding me???) as well as a few non-penalty calls. But, hey, they deserve it after the first 3 games I suppose.

I thought the Kings outplayed them for most of the game and the Rangers were just holding on for dear life. Quickie was still sharp so I expect him to play the same on Friday.

Let's see if the business-like approach of the Kings holds true in game 5. if so, I think they will be hoisting up the Cup at Staples.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It's pronounced keesh, right?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
It's pronounced keesh, right?
Help me understand your comment...I'm not that Quick.
;)
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Irish27 wrote:Grew up back east and played hockey through junior high school. Was a big Hartford Whalers fan and a huge Ron Francis fan. Will never root for Carolina. :evil: Since their move, I have followed the Devils and Coyotes, so I don't like either team but will pull for the Kings. Can't pull myself rooting for the Rangers. Nice to see some hockey talk, I post a lot on the HF boards.
Holy crap...I remember Ron Francis. Between the ages of 7-17 I was OBSESSED with hockey. We had a satellite dish (we're talking the 80s here) and I used to watch Don Cherry on Hockey Night in Canada on the CBC. I still have a shit ton of mags like Hockey Digest and whatever else there was, in storage. Partially it was due to my thinking the guys were hot and I fully believed that I was going to date them. Luc Robitaille and I...well...that should of worked out :( But I mean I was obsessed... I knew Pat LaFontaine's dogs' names. Fred & Barney.... I even had Steve Duchesne's brother's, Yan & Sebastian's, phone number in Quebec and my friend and I would call and talk to them.

Yeah....those were the days....
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This is a hell of a game.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That was one of the more exciting sporting events I ever watched. Two teams pouring their guts out on the ice for close to 100 minutes. You almost wanted to watch them play forever.

Congrats to the Kings - 2014 Stanley Cup Champions!

Congrats to the Rangers for for playing like warriors. Losing 3 OT games in the Finals is rough but I don't think they could have played any better.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

azgreg wrote:This is a hell of a game.
Un. Be. Liev. Able.
EastCoastCat wrote:That was one of the more exciting sporting events I ever watched. Two teams pouring their guts out on the ice for close to 100 minutes. You almost wanted to watch them play forever.

Congrats to the Kings - 2014 Stanley Cup Champions!

Congrats to the Rangers for for playing like warriors. Losing 3 OT games in the Finals is rough but I don't think they could have played any better.
Yes! I happen to like the Rangers. Messier is one of my all time favorites and I've just always been fine with them (i.e. I don't find them a hateable team) so I knew this was going to make for some awesome games.

I don't care what anyone says...hockey players are a different kind of athlete to any other and if last night didn't prove it...then I don't know what does.