Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Kansas

Post by Harvey Specter »

enfuego wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:
azgreg wrote:Is this right? Kansas has been knocked out of the tournament 3 straight years by the MVC?
2012 - 2013: L to Michigan (Sweet 16)
2013 - 2014: L to Stanford (Rd. of 32)
2014 - 2015: L to Wichita State (Rd. of 32)
2011-2012: L to Kentucky IN NATIONAL TITLE GAME.

For comparison, you have to go all the way back to 2000 - 2001 to witness Arizona (in a loss to Duke) in a National Title game. Weren't there a couple of NITs in that span too?
Are you going to watch the replay of your esteemed loss tomorrow night? How special for you.

4 years is not that long... But it must seem like an eternity; I mean, this is the third straight year KU could not even win the KS state championship. And that head to head loss to the Shockers really wasn't even close.

Enjoy your trip down memory lane; I am sure it will ease the pain of dealing with KU's present reality and numerous recent failures.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Enfuego is just waiting for the NCAA Technical Winners tournament to end. He is pretty sure Kansas is going to win that.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Runner up logic.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
enfuego wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:
azgreg wrote:Is this right? Kansas has been knocked out of the tournament 3 straight years by the MVC?

For comparison, you have to go all the way back to 2000 - 2001 to witness Arizona (in a loss to Duke) in a National Title game. Weren't there a couple of NITs in that span too?
Hey, at least we're not the second best team in our state this year.
Hard to tell. Didn't you split the regular season with ASU?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Zero

Post by Zero »

Yeah, cause that matters in the situation we are in right now. At least Oklahoma and WVU represented for the 11 in a row champs of their conference.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Why are people still talking about Lawrence St.? They got eliminated by Wichita St. We should be talking about the one Kansas team left in the tourney.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

salim'sheadband wrote:Why are people still talking about Lawrence St.? They got eliminated by Wichita St. We should be talking about the one Kansas team left in the tourney.
We need to know if KU will will be able to hang the SOS Championship Banner this year.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UofACat23

Post by UofACat23 »

enfuego wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:

You're a fan of Kansas basketball and your response is "who cares about the past 3 disappointing years, we lost in the championship game 4 years ago." Seriously?

I thought Kansas fans had higher expectations for their team that. A real fan would be sickened by these early round losses (and all of the losses to double digit seeds over Self's career). Based on your response (deflecting the conversation to Arizona) I'm starting to think you might not even be a Kansas fan at all... I honestly don't know how else to explain you acting like those early round losses are meaningless.

Most posters here are still sickened by some of Arizona's disappointing tournaments, both before and after our National Championship. I'm still upset over a goal-tend call in a meaningless game against UConn in 2001, the same season we went to the national championship game.

You on the other hand don't seem to care about these flame outs at all... I find that very interesting. Earlier in the year when Kansas lost a game (I think it was to Temple) your response was "eh, they just got bored, no big deal." Here we have a bad 5 minute stretch and at least one poster is having a panic attack, and the board goes into meltdown mode after any loss. If you're really a diehard Kansas fan, you have a funny way of showing it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Enfuego went from "eh, no big deal" to "eh, shit happens"...

http://kansas.scout.com/forums/2481-hoo ... 172&page=3
When your post rotation includes Traylor, Lucas and Mickelson who are three players who are mid-major quality post players and when your best post player is playing on an injured knee, **** happens.

When your starting 2 guard puts up another goose egg in the box score, **** happens.
Not a diehard...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Oh he's diehard. A diehard troll.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Kansas be like...

Beware of the fog

Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Anybody playing today?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:

Good luck in your game this weekend. Oh wait................
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Are we just going to keep using this thread into next season? It's funny how irrelevant Kansas is to this board outside of our entertainment at one troll's expense.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

What's that old saying? "To be the best, you've got to lose to the best".

Or something like that...
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
enfuego wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote: 2012 - 2013: L to Michigan (Sweet 16)

If there's anything I'd expect a Kansas fan to do, ignoring tourney results and focusing on the regular season is #1. I know KU's stance that the regular season is the real season and the tourney is just for fancypants dates to Roy at least.

Stay talking trash about the regular season. A Kansas fan needs to stay focused on the regular season.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I still think a little group sympathy for enfuego would be nice.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Puerco wrote:I still think a little group sympathy for enfuego would be nice.
Buck up, little guy, you still won the Big 12!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I just read that Bill Self has now lost to 10 different seeds in the last 12 years. Is that even possible?
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Puerco wrote:I just read that Bill Self has now lost to 10 different seeds in the last 12 years. Is that even possible?
Meanwhile, Wildcats coach Sean Miller is 13-1 in his career against lower-seeded teams, with the only setback a one-point loss in overtime to second-seeded Wisconsin in last year's West regional final.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Puerco wrote:I just read that Bill Self has now lost to 10 different seeds in the last 12 years. Is that even possible?
I'm calling it right now. Sometime during my lifetime Kansas will be the first number one seed to lose to a 16 seed
Bear Down Vegas

My anxiety & excitement this morning is only boosted by realizing fueg's is slumming through a day - very likely still in a funk.

Good news? It's only a technical funk. In reality - shit happens & Kansas is #1 in their state.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Self has to be hoping the tourney doesn't expand.
UofACat23

Post by UofACat23 »

Chicat wrote: Not a diehard...
I'm not even convinced he's a casual fan. Most casual fans I know would be upset by:

#2 losing against #7 Wichita State
#2 losing against #10 Stanford
#1 losing against #11 VCU
#1 losing against #9 Northern Iowa
#4 losing to #13 Bradley
#3 losing to #14 Bucknell
#4 losing to #9 UAB

I'm really starting to think think that enfuego made up the fact that he likes Kansas. Maybe he's an ASU fan that's too embarrassed to admit it?
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

UofACat23 wrote:
Chicat wrote: Not a diehard...
I'm not even convinced he's a casual fan. Most casual fans I know would be upset by:

#2 losing against #7 Wichita State
#2 losing against #10 Stanford
#1 losing against #11 VCU
#1 losing against #9 Northern Iowa
#4 losing to #13 Bradley
#3 losing to #14 Bucknell
#4 losing to #9 UAB

I'm really starting to think think that enfuego made up the fact that he likes Kansas. Maybe he's an ASU fan that's too embarrassed to admit it?
All of those lower seeds would win the Pac-12 though.

Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
If there's anything I'd expect a Kansas fan to do, ignoring tourney results and focusing on the regular season is #1. I know KU's stance that the regular season is the real season and the tourney is just for fancypants dates to Roy at least.

Stay talking trash about the regular season. A Kansas fan needs to stay focused on the regular season.
Speaking of regular season, by ensoso's logic, Kansas might only be the 3rd best team in Kansas, since they too split with Kansas State, topped off by Bill Self whining about KSU fans rushing the court.

Stepped into that one didn't ya ensoso ...
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
gumby

Post by gumby »

For others? No. It's a singular achievement.
Right where I want to be.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UofACat23 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:

You're a fan of Kansas basketball and your response is "who cares about the past 3 disappointing years, we lost in the championship game 4 years ago." Seriously?

I thought Kansas fans had higher expectations for their team that. A real fan would be sickened by these early round losses (and all of the losses to double digit seeds over Self's career). Based on your response (deflecting the conversation to Arizona) I'm starting to think you might not even be a Kansas fan at all... I honestly don't know how else to explain you acting like those early round losses are meaningless.

Most posters here are still sickened by some of Arizona's disappointing tournaments, both before and after our National Championship. I'm still upset over a goal-tend call in a meaningless game against UConn in 2001, the same season we went to the national championship game.

You on the other hand don't seem to care about these flame outs at all... I find that very interesting. Earlier in the year when Kansas lost a game (I think it was to Temple) your response was "eh, they just got bored, no big deal." Here we have a bad 5 minute stretch and at least one poster is having a panic attack, and the board goes into meltdown mode after any loss. If you're really a diehard Kansas fan, you have a funny way of showing it.
Context. The prior posts were dogging on KU for losing to WSU and Self being a choker. I simply posted that a mere 3 years to the 2012 tournament title game to see that he's had recent success and pointed out that UA has not been to the title game in 14 years. When you are a 1 seed or 2 seed you are going to lose to lower seeds or you're going to win the title. Who wins the title every year?

So have your fun, but realize, I am laughing at YOU.

Go Xavier.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Nice job, slinking in here at tip off and posting your weak shit. Its not that you just lost as a top seed its who and when you,lost. Compare that to Millers record and it really is game over.

You have been off the mark all year. Wrong about the hawks, wrong about your conference, wrong about our conference and wrong about the cats.the offseason will do you well, enjoy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

He'll be back to make fun of Rondae's injury just like he did last year with Brandon. He's a classy guy.
-JB
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:He'll be back to make fun of Rondae's injury just like he did last year with Brandon. He's a classy guy.
I never made fun of Ashley's injury.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

azcat49 wrote:Nice job, slinking in here at tip off and posting your weak shit. Its not that you just lost as a top seed its who and when you,lost. Compare that to Millers record and it really is game over.

You have been off the mark all year. Wrong about the hawks, wrong about your conference, wrong about our conference and wrong about the cats.the offseason will do you well, enjoy
I slinked in here after a 12 hour work day.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Nice job, slinking in here at tip off and posting your weak shit. Its not that you just lost as a top seed its who and when you,lost. Compare that to Millers record and it really is game over.

Second shift at the slurpy machine didn't show?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

As always, thanks for the troll karma enfuego.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Shout out to Enfuego, please root for Wisconsin on Saturday.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

ASU to hire Self... Enfuego melt down in 3... 2...
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

WildcatStunner wrote:Shout out to Enfuego, please root for Wisconsin on Saturday.
He couldn't not root for Wisconsin if he tried. Even if he isn't here, the karma is strong in this one.
-JB
UofACat23

Post by UofACat23 »

enfuego wrote: When you are a 1 seed or 2 seed you are going to lose to lower seeds or you're going to win the title. Who wins the title every year?
See there you go again. You're saying you don't care when your team loses to a much lower seed. Most fans on here openly admit that they are devastated by any tournament loss, even to a higher seed, let alone to a lower seed.

I don't care who you think you're laughing at, if you're a Kansas fan why don't you care when your team loses? The only reason you can "laugh" at us is because we care. You openly admit that you don't care, so you're clearly not really a Kansas fan...

What's really strange is why you decided to pretend to be a Kansas fan though. If you're going to pick a team to allow you to troll Arizona, why not pick Duke or Kentucky? It's also not like Arizona and Kansas have any sort of rivalry whatsoever. We rarely play each other, we rarely recruit the same players... the only reason most people here don't like Kansas is you, which is unfortunate because you're clearly not a Kansas fan and are just dragging that fan base through the mud for no reason. Regardless, it was clearly an unfortunate choice because nobody here can take your trolling seriously when your fake team underachieves so often.

Really I feel sorry for you. You don't have a team that brings you joy so instead you try to get your thrills by trying to ruin other people's happiness (i.e. "I'm laughing at YOU"). The fact that you can't even do that successfully makes it even more sad. I sincerely hope that one day you find a way to be happy without having to tear other people down, but considering the fact that you've been doing this for over 10 years and are clearly an adult by this point, I'm honestly worried that you might not be able to get there on your own. Have you considered therapy? I'm not trying to be mean so I apologize if I'm coming off that way, but I'm honestly worried about you.
Last edited by UofACat23 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

enfuego wrote:

Regarding leaving early to watch the Arizona game, yea...

Bear Down Vegas

Hopefully you don't have to work tomorrow buddy. Couple of the best teams in the nation are playing at 6:09 EST. Being such a big college hoops fan you may want to check it out.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Two of the best teams in the nation? Sure.

But they'd finish 5th and 6th in the vaunted Big12.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bear Down Vegas

HAAAAHAHA

#truth

There can't possibly be a bigger Badger fan in the nation who's never rooted for the Badgers before can there?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:He'll be back to make fun of Rondae's injury just like he did last year with Brandon. He's a classy guy.
I never made fun of Ashley's injury.
Specifically remember JMJ editing your posts when you making fun of the injury, so yea they aren't there anymore.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

enfuego wrote:When you are a 1 seed or 2 seed you are going to lose to lower seeds or you're going to win the title. Who wins the title every year?
Yeah, you have to occasionally lose to lesser seeds...like a 2 or a 3. Or, actually playing to seed and losing to a 1 as a 2, or another 1 as a 1. That is reasonable.

Filling the bingo card with all possible options but the mother of all upsets (16) is quite another thing. Don't pretend for a second that everyone who watches the game doesn't know the difference.

You could be a high seed and fall short of the championship every year and not come close to being the hot mess Kansas has been under Self
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I was assured by the mighty enflamo that the Big 12 was the best conference in America.

I am looking over the bracket, why don't I see any Big 12 teams in the Elite Eight?
-JB
HibachiZero

Post by HibachiZero »

Another quality loss by the big 12.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

What was it, two Sweet Sixteen teams?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

salim'sheadband wrote:What was it, two Sweet Sixteen teams?
Looked like only a half of a team was out there playing against Kentucky, so 1.5?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

How many Big 12 teams are in the Elite Eight? Must be two or three at least, right? :roll:

UK played three BIG12 teams this year. Average margin? 27 points. Thank god for Texas putting up a fight, because KU and WVU just rolled over.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UofACat23 wrote:
enfuego wrote: When you are a 1 seed or 2 seed you are going to lose to lower seeds or you're going to win the title. Who wins the title every year?
See there you go again. You're saying you don't care when your team loses to a much lower seed. Most fans on here openly admit that they are devastated by any tournament loss, even to a higher seed, let alone to a lower seed.

I don't care who you think you're laughing at, if you're a Kansas fan why don't you care when your team loses? The only reason you can "laugh" at us is because we care. You openly admit that you don't care, so you're clearly not really a Kansas fan...

What's really strange is why you decided to pretend to be a Kansas fan though. If you're going to pick a team to allow you to troll Arizona, why not pick Duke or Kentucky? It's also not like Arizona and Kansas have any sort of rivalry whatsoever. We rarely play each other, we rarely recruit the same players... the only reason most people here don't like Kansas is you, which is unfortunate because you're clearly not a Kansas fan and are just dragging that fan base through the mud for no reason. Regardless, it was clearly an unfortunate choice because nobody here can take your trolling seriously when your fake team underachieves so often.

Really I feel sorry for you. You don't have a team that brings you joy so instead you try to get your thrills by trying to ruin other people's happiness (i.e. "I'm laughing at YOU"). The fact that you can't even do that successfully makes it even more sad. I sincerely hope that one day you find a way to be happy without having to tear other people down, but considering the fact that you've been doing this for over 10 years and are clearly an adult by this point, I'm honestly worried that you might not be able to get there on your own. Have you considered therapy? I'm not trying to be mean so I apologize if I'm coming off that way, but I'm honestly worried about you.
Did you even attend UA? We don't recruit the same players? Rabb, Zimmerman, Bragg, Kaleb "Future European Career" Tarczewski, Stanley Johnson, Embiid, Oubre....etc. etc.

#8-2