Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Sean Miller is very close to being a god here in Tucson with anyone who knows jack shit about college basketball. I think having him around a few more years is all that is needed, but I can certainly see how a final four and maybe a Natty is needed for the idiots to appreciate what we have.

He's a once in a lifetime coach IMO. If he left, we may find a guy who wins with less, a guy who can recruit with the best of them, and a guy who is a great person, whatever, but I don't think as a total package the guy can be replaced. I truly feel that. I think he is the most well-rounded coach in America.
I modified your post for you.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Olsondogg wrote:
Salty wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
ZONACAT wrote:I too am disappointed that the Millers are paying attention to the twitter trolls. I actually thought the fan base's response to the EE loss was the best I've ever seen after a tournament game. It was way worse last year. Way worse. And it is way worse at other programs, Inside Carolina isn't exactly throwing roses at Roy Williams right now.
Yeah no sh*t. Their fans are insufferable even through they had a garbage team.

I wonder if Miller was tipped off to something, because he came out hard in the pressor and post game twitter with the "This season was a success and if don't think so, well you know what you can go do" line of thinking.
Like I said in another thread (and got ridiculed for it), some boosters had the expectation of a Final Four and anything less is a disappointment.

Miller's comments was directed towards them I believe.

I will still ridicule you, because you have absolutely ZERO knowledge of anything boosters say, want or do. You act as if you have some kind of insight, which you don't...and then you speculate and post something confirming that you were correct in some way.

Which you weren't.

Continue to speculate as you wish, but stop pretending that you know anything about anything. I'll continue to point this out as often as I need to.
Jeez, relax.

I have some connections.

All I know is that a lot of people with money wanted the Final Four and anything less isn't a success.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

You have connections on Tinder. That's it.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Salty wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Salty wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
ZONACAT wrote:I too am disappointed that the Millers are paying attention to the twitter trolls. I actually thought the fan base's response to the EE loss was the best I've ever seen after a tournament game. It was way worse last year. Way worse. And it is way worse at other programs, Inside Carolina isn't exactly throwing roses at Roy Williams right now.

I wonder if Miller was tipped off to something, because he came out hard in the pressor and post game twitter with the "This season was a success and if don't think so, well you know what you can go do" line of thinking.
Like I said in another thread (and got ridiculed for it), some boosters had the expectation of a Final Four and anything less is a disappointment.

I will still ridicule you, because you have absolutely ZERO knowledge of anything boosters say, want or do. You act as if you have some kind of insight, which you don't...and then you speculate and post something confirming that you were correct in some way.

Which you weren't.

Continue to speculate as you wish, but stop pretending that you know anything about anything. I'll continue to point this out as often as I need to.
Jeez, relax.

I have some connections.

All I know is that a lot of people with money wanted the Final Four and anything less isn't a success.
How much is a lot? 1, 3, 232?
With money? $100, $1,000, $100,000?

Change your friends, change your life.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

didn't see his post (yay ignore) until bosy quoted him (boo quoting)....

but guys, consider who you're bantering with. the well-documented pathological liar.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote: Quite frankly he's treated like a god I've noticed, so I think taking the proper non-sarcastic non-offensive approach to his pretty much unwarranted sarcasm was the correct approach to take. I've never even conversed with the guy before, but either way In the words of Winston Zeddemore: 97cats, when someone asks if you're a god, you say "YES!"

You've noticed that in the under 2 months you've been here, what with all the extensive posting 97 has done since you've been here?

Naw, I'm not buying it.

Me thinks you're a certain disgruntled poster from TOS who has a running beef with 97...or rather your view of how others perceive 97.

but let's assume that my thinking is incorrect, and you really are just some new guy who for whatever reason thinks that the rest of the people who have been here a long time shouldn't respect what 97 says.....how about you back it up with some factual posts, inside information, or something other than 'how inappropriate, you doth offend my senses, I shall take my basketball and leave post haste!"
Jesus, Ummm I'm sorry I guess. I don't even know what you're getting at. I found this site months ago and read before I requested to become a member, because I had reservations about posting on online forums. I didn't insinuate a single thing you said in that rambling.

I'll just walk away from whatever this nonsense is right now.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Thread is like a telenovela.

Do the fans like me? Does the town?

Yes, they like you.

How many like me?

Most of them.

Do they love me?

Most do. Sure.

How many?

90 percent.

Ten percent don't love me?

Yes, but most in that subset still like you.

As in, "we can still be friends?"

Yes.

Oh, Carolina! How I miss you! Your inner thighs! Your outer banks!

(Please tell me this is fictional)
Last edited by gumby on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right where I want to be.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

unfortunately, Gumby -- its not
gumby

Post by gumby »

Good grief. More delicate than I imagined. Bo Ryan soldiered through. Perhaps he can have a chat with him.
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

97cats wrote:unfortunately, Gumby -- its not
I'm guessing you know some of the people giving Sean grief, if you do, punch them in the balls for me.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I just dont get it..

The people who aren't pleasuring themselves in the shower every morning to the thought of having Sean Miller as our basketball coach.... Do they not forget how low we fell? How we all felt at the end of the Lute era, and moreso, how we all felt during that hiring process? It was very humbling. We got lucky with CSM, we VERY VERY VERY easily could be UCLA right now, or worse.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Jesus, Ummm I'm sorry I guess. I don't even know what you're getting at. I found this site months ago and read before I requested to become a member, because I had reservations about posting on online forums. I didn't insinuate a single thing you said in that rambling.

I'll just walk away from whatever this nonsense is right now.
actually you insinuated worse than I stated, but since you're going to deny it, I'll let your posts (and quoted, unedited posts) stand on their own merits. If you want to move on and mature up a little bit, then by all means please do so.

Like I said, feel free to disagree with 97 all you want, but you'd better bring some strong facts to the table or most people are going to side with the guy who's brought a lot of info to them over the years(and nobody has claimed he's infallible).
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

97cats

Post by 97cats »

ZONACAT wrote:
I'm guessing you know some of the people giving Sean grief, if you do, punch them in the balls for me.
couple things i know:

1) the only job in college basketball that Sean Miller would consider outside of Arizona is University of North Carolina -- some say Ohio State but that ship has probably sailed; low low %.
2) North Carolina doesnt have a men's basketball head coaching job available
3) if Sean Miller & Co had made it to a Final Four this year or last we wouldnt be having this conversation
Last edited by 97cats on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:I just dont get it..

The people who aren't pleasuring themselves in the shower every morning to the thought of having Sean Miller as our basketball coach.... Do they not forget how low we fell? How we all felt at the end of the Lute era, and moreso, how we all felt during that hiring process? It was very humbling. We got lucky with CSM, we VERY VERY VERY easily could be UCLA right now, or worse.
Tim Floyd remembers.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

I am constantly amazed how short peoples' memories are.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:
ZONACAT wrote:
couple things i know:

1) the only job in college basketball that Sean Miller would consider outside of Arizona is University of North Carolina -- some say Ohio State but that ship has probably sailed; low low %.
3) if Sean Miller & Co had made it to a Final Four this year or last we wouldnt be having this conversation
4) Next season begins in November-- a quest for a conference regular season championship, a conference tourney championship and a Final Four in 2016.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

What a fucking joke.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Like Indiana. 15 seasons now since knight left. Missed the tournament 6 times. Only two conference titles (1 in the last 13 years). And outside of that miracle run to the title game in 2002, they haven't been past the s16 in 13 years.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote:
97cats wrote:
ZONACAT wrote:
couple things i know:

4) Next season begins in November-- a quest for a conference regular season championship, a conference tourney championship and a Final Four in 2016.
But no pressure.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

lmmfao!!!!!!!!!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:

Like Indiana. 15 seasons now since knight left. Missed the tournament 6 times. Only two conference titles (1 in the last 13 years). And outside of that miracle run to the title game in 2002, they haven't been past the s16 in 13 years.

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Tom Crean is basically kissing Jim Harbaugh goodnight every night as well.... I think thats the worst of it all.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

97cats wrote:
ZONACAT wrote:
couple things i know:

So what you are saying is long live Roy or just hope UNC keeps up with their incestuous hiring practices.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I dont know what he is saying after that LMMFAO... This would be the ultimate April fools joke on everybody.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

rgdeuce wrote:I dont know what he is saying after that LMMFAO... This would be the ultimate April fools joke on everybody.
no, it means i think Gumby is fucking hilarious and makes me laugh all the time
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
97cats wrote:its not how Coach Miller views Tucson or the University or the fans or anything about the program, its how all of those groups view Coach Miller.
If this is true, there are a lot of delusional/idiotic Arizona fans. I've used this example before, but Indiana is the poster child for what happens when you hire Tom Crean, not Sean Miller.

It is appalling to me that any alleged Arizona fan would view Miller as anything other than a savior. The EE exits just show he's a human savior, not a divine one.
Exactly. With all amount of National Media fawning over the CATS and Miller all last season, you would've thought we were in the golden era of Lute BB. It was just great to have that level of visibility again. Like 2000-2005 level visibility.

Those self-entitled fans need to take a hike.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Salty wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Salty wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Which you weren't.

Jeez, relax.

I have some connections.

And those people are idiots.

The same type who will pay to fly to everest and then croak at the top because they wanted it handed to them rather than do the hard work of conditioning for hardcore mountaineering.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

97cats wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:I dont know what he is saying after that LMMFAO... This would be the ultimate April fools joke on everybody.
What a totally inappropriate and snide remark
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Agree rgdeuce: Miller is a one of kind coach. We would be stupid to let him get away.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

rgdeuce wrote:
97cats wrote:
im truly sorry
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

gumby wrote:Thread is like a telenovela.

Do the fans like me? Does the town?

Yes, they like you.

How many like me?

Most of them.

Do they love me?

Most do. Sure.

How many?

90 percent.

Ten percent don't love me?

Yes, but most in that subset still like you.

As in, "we can still be friends?"

Yes.

Oh, Carolina! How I miss you! Your inner thighs! Your outer banks!

(Please tell me this is fictional)
:lol: You had me at hello!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

97cats wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
97cats wrote:
im truly sorry
:lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
97cats wrote:
I think, in some pictures, Tom Crean looks like a sex offender who keeps getting away with it because his IQ is too low for him to be prosecuted.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

The Goat wrote:
So what you are saying is long live Roy or just hope UNC keeps up with their incestuous hiring practices.
yes, and get to a Final Four :shock:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well I have no doubt we will make another solid, deep run next year. Just need some ships to fall our way for once
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:
The Goat wrote:
Yup. Which is why he left Xavier for Arizona.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

rgdeuce wrote: What a totally inappropriate and snide remark
I think we might have a new meme

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's like we're six points down with 14 seconds left in the game. We need a quick 3, and then steal the inbound pass and hit another 3 and get this into overtime. Otherwise our coach will be walking out of a different exit than our players.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:
97cats wrote:
The Goat wrote:
What would Miller get at UNC that is categorically different and a game changer than what he is getting/could get at Arizona? If he's annoyed with a few boosters here requiring FF's, he'll be stepping in to a cauldron at UNC.

There is something else going on...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

At unc it would be considered by most in America to be more prestigious and high profile, east coast media would care more, he would be facing usually better teams in better arenas that actually can fill up with fans.....
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
97cats wrote:
The Goat wrote:
What would Miller get at UNC that is categorically different and a game changer than what he is getting/could get at Arizona? If he's annoyed with a few boosters here requiring FF's, he'll be stepping in to a cauldron at UNC.

There is something else going on...
ESPN tonguing his balls whenever he wants.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

97cats wrote:
The Goat wrote:
Not disagreeing with anything you are saying, but I do think there is some logic disconnect. By the time UNC opens why would they want a coach who can't lead Arizona to a FF with elite classes? Really what would make Miller look good to a school like UNC would be what solidifies him to Arizona so we should all just stop worrying. :D
Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:At unc it would be considered by most in America to be more prestigious and high profile, east coast media would care more, he would be facing usually better teams in better arenas that actually can fill up with fans.....
He would also face much more pressure and scrutiny if he reached his 6th year and hadn't made it to the Final Four.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Could Choo Choo be T-Bag?

That's the last person I remember using the word "snide" to describe someone.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:At unc it would be considered by most in America to be more prestigious and high profile, east coast media would care more, he would be facing usually better teams in better arenas that actually can fill up with fans.....
But would that make the road to a FF/NC more assured?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Salty wrote:
He would also face much more pressure and scrutiny if he reached his 6th year and hadn't made it to the Final Four.
Knowing Heels fans, included several close to their program, absolutely.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Fucking Final Four
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
97cats wrote:its not how Coach Miller views Tucson or the University or the fans or anything about the program, its how all of those groups view Coach Miller.
If this is true, there are a lot of delusional/idiotic Arizona fans. I've used this example before, but Indiana is the poster child for what happens when you hire Tom Crean, not Sean Miller.

It is appalling to me that any alleged Arizona fan would view Miller as anything other than a savior. The EE exits just show he's a human savior, not a divine one.
Exactly. With all amount of National Media fawning over the CATS and Miller all last season, you would've thought we were in the golden era of Lute BB. It was just great to have that level of visibility again. Like 2000-2005 level visibility.

I think some of them just get carried away in the heat of the moment.

One was reported to have shouted to Miller, as he walked off the court at Staples on Saturday, "Hey Sean - this one is on YOU!". He later retracted, but Sean Miller never forgets. ;)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Harvey Specter wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I think some of them just get carried away in the heat of the moment.

One was reported to have shouted to Miller, as he walked off the court at Staples on Saturday, "Hey Sean - this one is on YOU!". He later retracted, but Sean Miller never forgets. ;)
Are you kidding me? What an jerk.

I will admit, I created a poorly titled thread within seconds of the game ending, which was borne out of frustration and a half bottle of red. I listened to the pressor, grieved, and came to my senses. I didn't feel right deleting the thread because there was some good content, but did change the title because of my reactionary take, which was created in the safety of the internet's semi-anonymity.

However, if at a game, I would never, ever, take it out on coach, especially CSM, who has bled at the expense of his family, for our entertainment.

This makes Miller's post game pressor and twitter referencing ASU all the clearer.

I still stand by the perspective that if he thinks UNC will have "classier" less demanding boosters, then its a product of the grass being perceived as greener.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

97cats wrote:
The Goat wrote:
Okay, let's cut the turd and eat some cheese...

Are the UNC comments now, of all times, coming from Camp Miller post Elite 8 (e.g., leaked on purpose)? Is this from the horses mouth, or is this just pure conjecture that hey, if UNC or the Laker Call, he will have to listen.

I guess the question is, it depends what the definition of is, is.

Is Miller actively or quasi-actively waiting to hear what someone has to say? Or if he fully entrenched and focused on next year not thinking about any possibilities that may or may not happen.

Thank you kind sir