Ivan Rabb

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: Ivan Rabb

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
ZONACAT wrote:I want to believe Button Salmon but I don't. I think Kerr showing up at Haas would have been written somewhere.
Button is bold faced lying

Warriors were playing at Milwaukee the same night as Rabb's championship game.
Ouch

Swing and a miss.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
ZONACAT wrote:I want to believe Button Salmon but I don't. I think Kerr showing up at Haas would have been written somewhere.

Ouch

Swing and a miss.
But it was a great story!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:

You have respect the amount of detail in that post, though. It goes into painstaking detail on something that completely didn't happen.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Remember Millers a witch and they have mystical powers. Maybe the three swooped in,or Miller cloned 3 dudes to look like them or cast a spell on Rabb and Button to think it happened
Last edited by azcat49 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Button, how old are you? Serious question
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Merkin wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:

You have respect the amount of detail in that post, though. It goes into painstaking detail on something that completely didn't happen.
Yea, it's called psychosis.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Merkin wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:

Hey if you're going to lie you better commit yourself to the lie fully. If there wasn't actual facts to disprove the story I may have actually believed it he was that good lol.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol. I love this site.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

threenumberones wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Merkin wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:

Yea, it's called psychosis.
The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Haha wow, I totally believed this and even shared the story.

I have learned lesson with this dude.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

First, it didn't ring true at any level. Second, it conflicted with what we actually do know. But going forward, it's still important for people to remember that it was in this tall tale that they heard about Rabb dominating all of Arizona's players in practice. Another untrue thing that gets bounced around is this idea that Rabb is a certain one-and-done. Rabb's chief value for Arizona is in his sophomore year, ahead of Leaf. Playing time for Rabb in the freshman season would have largely been toward that end. Otherwise, Ryan Anderson is Arizona's top option in 2015-16. Leaf will find himself in the position that Ashley and Tarc had been as freshmen.
gumby

Post by gumby »

There's more. Rabb is dating Manti Teo's dead girlfriend.
Right where I want to be.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:There's more. Rabb is dating Manti Teo's dead girlfriend.
Not dead, sleeping.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Leaf absolutely hit the jackpot with his timely signing.
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

Uh, no that story was not a lie and was told directly from a former player who was there. They played the Bucks and had enough time to fly back to the Bay as their next game was against the Clippers, because of time diferences they were able to get back just in time to get to Haas for the last seconds of the game, which went in to OT. The story is true. Golden State Warriors played a game at Milwaukee. Immediately after the game, the team hurried to the airport for its 3-hour charter flight back home and landed in Oakland at 10:45 local time, from there then headed to Haas to catch the very end of Rabb's game. From eye witness accounts, Rabb noticed them come in all decked out in Arizona gear and immediately air balled his first free throw.

Do a little math before you start calling people out, the Bucks game started at 530 pm, they had plenty of time to get back to Oakland on a charter flight and because of the time differences they were able to make it to Haas in time for the very end of a game that went in to OT. The only thing I ever posted here that was not true was a rumor I heard about Stainbrook and that was because ESPN stats only go back three years and someone had passed along what appeared to be good information that he could have a year left as a graduate transfer, I quickly corrected that. That was an honest mistake not made by me but someone else and I failed to confirm it before passing it along. I am just trying to share information, I have good contacts and friends.

I will accept your apologies and move on if any of you are man enough to admit you called me a liar and psychotic (great way to treat someone who is just here talk about Arizona and share friendly information BTW) before you even bothered to check the facts, the story is 100% true.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just having a little fun in the offseason Button. We all hope you are right, especially on the Tarc Ashley return for there Sr year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Kerr: "Hurry guys lets go, we got a plane to catch. My old school is going to lose out on this really good high school player named Ivan Rabb and if me and Luke Walton are not there in time wearing our U of A gear, we are going to lose him to Cal! Steph, you can get something to snack on on the plane! Lets go guys, move it. Klay, lets go, you can finish putting on your shoes on the plane."
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bear down man!

BMalo

Post by BMalo »

rgdeuce wrote:Kerr: "Hurry guys lets go, we got a plane to catch. My old school is going to lose out on this really good high school player named Ivan Rabb and if me and Luke Walton are not there in time wearing our U of A gear, we are going to lose him to Cal! Steph, you can get something to snack on on the plane! Lets go guys, move it. Klay, lets go, you can finish putting on your shoes on the plane."
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

rgdeuce wrote:Kerr: "Hurry guys lets go, we got a plane to catch. My old school is going to lose out on this really good high school player named Ivan Rabb and if me and Luke Walton are not there in time wearing our U of A gear, we are going to lose him to Cal! Steph, you can get something to snack on on the plane! Lets go guys, move it. Klay, lets go, you can finish putting on your shoes on the plane."
Yea you can make fun all you want but it did happen, do a little research and you will figure it out. Like I said, I have never trolled this site and I dont even know half of you, I heard about the place on Facebook and decided to check it out and share friendly information that I thought Cat fans would enjoy, I guess I was wrong. Sorry, my bad.
Last edited by ButtonSalmon on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

azcat49 wrote:Just having a little fun in the offseason Button. We all hope you are right, especially on the Tarc Ashley return for there Sr year
I understand man, it is not a big deal but it sucks being called a liar when I heard this directly from someone who was there and is a former player. I don't mind a little ribbing or shit talking, that is all part of the fun of these forums but being called out as some sort of psychotic making up stories out of whole cloth is not a very nice way to treat someone who is here just trying to pass along positive and hopeful information.

As I said before, there is a more than good chance Tarc returns and there has been talk in some private forums that Ash is considering coming back also but as we all know things like that are unreliable for the most part and players say one thing today and do the opposite the next but that information did at least come from someone who probably knows more about Arizona basketball, recruiting and inside behind stuff than anyone on the internet, and that is not me, just a good friend.

And just to be clear, nothing I get comes from anyone associated with PGU and that garbage dump.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Button, welcome to the site. A lot of ole timers here like to mess around. Don't
take it to heart. Basically everyone here's pretty cool. Except for..."insert name". ;)

Keep posting brah.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

ButtonSalmon wrote: I understand man, it is not a big deal but it sucks being called a liar when I heard this directly from someone who was there and is a former player. I don't mind a little ribbing or shit talking, that is all part of the fun of these forums but being called out as some sort of psychotic making up stories out of whole cloth is not a very nice way to treat someone who is here just trying to pass along positive and hopeful information.
That is entirely the point of calling someone (you) a liar. You are completely making stuff up. :)
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Who decided that Harrison Barnes got to drive?
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

HiCat wrote:Button, welcome to the site. A lot of ole timers here like to mess around. Don't
take it to heart. Basically everyone here's pretty cool. Except for..."insert name". ;)

Keep posting brah.
Ha, thanks man. I really don't mean to sound butthurt about it, just took me be surprise is all, there is bad intent on my part, just want to talk about our Cats and pass a long any little info that I thought people would enjoy. After the Stainbrook thing I have been more careful to confirm things doing my own research before passing it along as I do know a lot of people post BS on here and that is certainly appreciated nor should it be tolerated.

Bear Down of course. I have enjoyed the site very much. I lurked at goazcats for a few years but wasnt really in to posting much back then but when I heard that everyone moved here I thought I would check it out and you guys have done a great job building what appears to be oe of the better discussion sites which is what I thought about goazcats before whatever happened over there happened, I wasnt real sure how it all went down but was glad to see all the core posters stuck together and made a new site. I have been passing along the link to others to try and get more people to recognize this place as a good source of discussion and information.
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
ButtonSalmon wrote: I understand man, it is not a big deal but it sucks being called a liar when I heard this directly from someone who was there and is a former player. I don't mind a little ribbing or shit talking, that is all part of the fun of these forums but being called out as some sort of psychotic making up stories out of whole cloth is not a very nice way to treat someone who is here just trying to pass along positive and hopeful information.
That is entirely the point of calling someone (you) a liar. You are completely making stuff up. :)
Doubling down on that huh? Go ahead and triple down if youd like, the story is 100% true and whatever you have to say about it or believe about it doesnt change the fact that it did happen exactly as I described it.

Have a good day, off to work.

Bear Down, our future is bright and coach Miller is going to learn from these struggles and become a better coach and build better teams, I do believe that.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ButtonSalmon wrote:Uh, no that story was not a lie and was told directly from a former player who was there. They played the Bucks and had enough time to fly back to the Bay as their next game was against the Clippers, because of time diferences they were able to get back just in time to get to Haas for the last seconds of the game, which went in to OT. The story is true. Golden State Warriors played a game at Milwaukee. Immediately after the game, the team hurried to the airport for its 3-hour charter flight back home and landed in Oakland at 10:45 local time, from there then headed to Haas to catch the very end of Rabb's game. From eye witness accounts, Rabb noticed them come in all decked out in Arizona gear and immediately air balled his first free throw.

So who is this mysterious player? And he provided details of their travel itinerary in the detail that you have relaed it to us?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Button can I add you as a friend on facebook?
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

WildcatStunner wrote:Who decided that Harrison Barnes got to drive?
That I cant tell you but I also thought it was funny also. He was not, however decked out in Arizona gear only Kerr, Walton and Bruce Fraiser were. I think the whole thing is hilarious and the thought of them all piled in a car driving at full speed to get to Haas is just a crazy thought, but it did happen.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The Warriors game ended in Milwaukee at around 7:55 PM Pacific time. According to Twitter posts, Rabb shot the airball around 10:35 Pacific time.

It's at least 15 minutes to the Milwaukee airport from the Bradley Center.
If they flew to Oakland, that's 1852 miles, even for a charter that's got to be at least a 3-1/2 to four hour flight time.
Travel time from Oakland airport to Haas is another 20-30 minutes. And that's if they flew to Oakland and not San Jose or SFO.
Your saying all that happened in 2 hours and fourty minutes?

It's pretty much physically impossible ButtonSalmon. I think someone told you a fish tale.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

ButtonSalmon wrote:
HiCat wrote:Button, welcome to the site. A lot of ole timers here like to mess around. Don't

Keep posting brah.
Ha, thanks man. I really don't mean to sound butthurt about it, just took me be surprise is all, there is bad intent on my part, just want to talk about our Cats and pass a long any little info that I thought people would enjoy. After the Stainbrook thing I have been more careful to confirm things doing my own research before passing it along as I do know a lot of people post BS on here and that is certainly appreciated nor should it be tolerated.

Bear Down of course. I have enjoyed the site very much. I lurked at goazcats for a few years but wasnt really in to posting much back then but when I heard that everyone moved here I thought I would check it out and you guys have done a great job building what appears to be oe of the better discussion sites which is what I thought about goazcats before whatever happened over there happened, I wasnt real sure how it all went down but was glad to see all the core posters stuck together and made a new site. I have been passing along the link to others to try and get more people to recognize this place as a good source of discussion and information.
Cool. Goaz eh (known here as TOS)...ah shades of yesterday. We shared some good times there, but as noted, things changed, and took a dramatic turn for the worse. :roll:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Button, don't take this personally, you seem like a solid poster, and have a lot to offer this site, and have the best UA name ever, but I think someone is feeding you a line.

Here is the flight tracker info on the GSW's jet:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8926

Last edited by Merkin on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

UAEebs86 wrote:The Warriors game ended in Milwaukee at around 7:55 PM Pacific time. According to Twitter posts, Rabb shot the airball around 10:35 Pacific time.

It's at least 15 minutes to the Milwaukee airport from the Bradley Center.
If they flew to Oakland, that's 1852 miles, even for a charter that's got to be at least a 3-1/2 to four hour flight time.
Travel time from Oakland airport to Haas is another 20-30 minutes. And that's if they flew to Oakland and not San Jose or SFO.
You saying all that happened in 2 hours and fourty minutes?

It's pretty much physically impossible ButtonSalmon. I think someone told you a fish tale.
Get that logic trash out of here! No place for facts in this forum!! Just stay tuned.
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

rgdeuce wrote:Button, how old are you? Serious question
I am 45 years old, BTW, just saw this post, been watching the Cats in all sports for 36 years but since I was only 8, I probably didn't become a seriously knowledable fan until about 5 years after that when I was more able to apreciate understand sports. My father who watched them all of his life also, started to take me to see to Tony Mason and Fred Snowden when I was just a young boy but for a lot of those younger years I was probably more concerned with running around the stadium/gym than watching games. Have to get to work, I will check back in later.
Last edited by ButtonSalmon on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ButtonSalmon wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Just having a little fun in the offseason Button. We all hope you are right, especially on the Tarc Ashley return for there Sr year
I understand man, it is not a big deal but it sucks being called a liar when I heard this directly from someone who was there and is a former player. I don't mind a little ribbing or shit talking, that is all part of the fun of these forums but being called out as some sort of psychotic making up stories out of whole cloth is not a very nice way to treat someone who is here just trying to pass along positive and hopeful information.

As I said before, there is a more than good chance Tarc returns and there has been talk in some private forums that Ash is considering coming back also but as we all know things like that are unreliable for the most part and players say one thing today and do the opposite the next but that information did at least come from someone who probably knows more about Arizona basketball, recruiting and inside behind stuff than anyone on the internet, and that is not me, just a good friend.

And just to be clear, nothing I get comes from anyone associated with PGU and that garbage dump.
For what it's worth, in the offseason, I don't really care whether anything anyone posts is true. In the offseason, nothing really matters until it's over and the season begins again.

This forum is about twice as nice as the politics forum, and the politics forum is about 5 times nicer than the remainder of the internet.

At the end of the day, Rabb will probably commit somewhere, and I am secure in knowing that I will have no idea until it happens. Until then, I do think the pertinent question is why Harrison Barnes has to taxi everyone everywhere.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:Button, don't take this personally, you seem like a solid poster, and have a lot to offer this site, and have the best UA name ever, but I think someone is feeding you a line.

You know ****'s gotten real when people are breaking out flight tracker.
mofo

Post by mofo »

Let's see, from my math a 5:30 (PST) game in Milwaukee ends at about 8 PST. 15 min ride to airport. 4 hr flight to Okland (this actual air time). 15 min ride to Haas Pavilion. So if the Warriors ran off the court and went straight to the airport without stopping in the locker room, got off the Speedbus directly on the tarmac and boarded the plane which was already in motion (think Con Air), then they may have been able to get to Haas by 12:30 am Sunday morning to find that the game ended 2 hours earlier (as evidenced by some of the twitter posts on this thread showing the game ended at 10:35).

I'm not saying you're lying, but if not then you were lied to.

*Damn UAEbs86 beat me to it
Last edited by mofo on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

Merkin wrote:Button, don't take this personally, you seem like a solid poster, and have a lot to offer this site, and have the best UA name ever, but I think someone is feeding you a line.

Not taking it personally, that story was told to me exactly as I relayed here from a friend and eye witness and former player who was in attendance. I did some research and accounted for time differences and it seemed possible so I decided to pass it along, he didnt tell me that on April 1st, so April Fools was not in play. What I will do is speak with him on my lunch break today and tell him some of what you have found and see if he can explain or is willing to admit it was a tall tale, but this person has no history telling such tales and was quite excited that it happened and appreciated Kerr going out of his way to show support to Arizona and Miller. I will try and confirm more with this added information, just please understand the post was not made up by me and it was just an attempt to share what I thought was a nice touch.

I will post more later,boss in on my ass to get a few things done.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

ButtonSalmon wrote: Ha, thanks man. I really don't mean to sound butthurt about it, just took me be surprise is all, there is bad intent on my part, just want to talk about our Cats and pass a long any little info that I thought people would enjoy. After the Stainbrook thing I have been more careful to confirm things doing my own research before passing it along as I do know a lot of people post BS on here and that is certainly appreciated nor should it be tolerated.
So then how were you able to confirm through your own research that Steve Kerr did in fact attend the State Championship game? Funny how with this grand entrance that Kerr made, that even made Rabb supposedly take notice, that none of the fans or media in attendance even tweeted about it. With all the fans and media in attendance for such a big game, I'd have to think that at least one of them would have fired out a tweet about Steve Kerr showing up for the game.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I heart the off season.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

mofo wrote:Let's see, from my math a 5:30 (PST) game in Milwaukee ends at about 8 PST. 15 min ride to airport. 4 hr flight to Okland (this actual air time). 15 min ride to Haas Pavilion. So if the Warriors ran off the court and went straight to the airport without stopping in the locker room, got off the Speedbus directly on the tarmac and boarded the plane which was already in motion (think Con Air)

"Put the bunny, back in the box."
Last edited by Macho Grande on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So I wonder if Rabb is planning to make his decision before the 2015-16 season gets underway. Guess we'll see.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

What if the plane flew over Haas and Kerr and Co. parachuted out, only to land 2 miles away. Thinking quickly, Barnes carjacked a car, Grand Theft Auto V style, and sped the men to Haas. That would make sense.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Just saw Thon Maker walking out of Mckale!!! That's one tall skinny kid!!!
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Wait, think I see them...
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Harrison Barnes was driving a party bus with Rabb, Swanigan, Brown, Kerr, both waltons and lord lute! Cuanzo Martin was following the bus on a Vespa
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

When I imagine the drive to Haas, I imagine it like this:

Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Bosy Billups wrote:

Wait, think I see them...

But wait. Button said Rabb airballed the first free throw. And he confirmed it all with research. Maybe he just doesn't know what an airball is. :roll:

ButtonSalmon wrote:Funny and true story...

The game was tied at 67 with Rabb on the line shooting two, no time left...

...all of them except Barnes were decked out in heavy Arizona gear and they walked in just as Rabb was shooting his first FT, he noticed them come in and airballed the first FT, he did hit the second for the win though.
Last edited by Macho Grande on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

You guys don't know jack shit about the airline industry.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

it's clear that buttonsalmon shared the info he had with the best of intentions, and i welcome him to the board. having said that, i would like to offer him the opportunity to provide his banking account information to help my nigerian prince friend transfer a top-secret mulitmillion dollar transfer of funds from the government.