PLEASE ESPN no more UK

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

waysouthcat

PLEASE ESPN no more UK

Post by waysouthcat »

"News". Jeezuz fuc*ing christ, every day I have a peep at ESPN website to keep up on scores and what not, and Every_Fuc*ing_Day it's a new Kentucky headline about can they go undefeated, or any other minutiae on the UK team. How many Division 1 basketball schools are there, 300 and something? Maybe cover something else for a change?
catgrad97

Re: PLEASE ESPN no more UK

Post by catgrad97 »

Considering ESPN's contract with the SEC, no chance. Fortunately, nobody has to get fed anything from Bristol to enjoy the games,
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

SECpn basketball version. They have to pimp something SEC related during bball season, too.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I can't wait for UK to go undefeated in the regular season, and then lose before the final 4.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Kentucky fans are always talking about how Espn hates them. I've avoided Espn for the past month, everything seems to focus on UK. So annoying.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cats101 wrote:Kentucky fans are always talking about how Espn hates them. I've avoided Espn for the past month, everything seems to focus on UK. So annoying.

It's been more like 2001 for me due to being the ACC network then.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Last Year: Freshman Focus
This Year: Kentucky

I feel your pain, they have to latch on ONE theme and play it to death until it really dies by the end of the year. Kentucky will have 2 losses and the entire theme is for naught.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

But do you think they'll go undefeated?

I mean, that's something we should discuss, because it's never been discussed before.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

"This is the best team I've seen in 25 years" - says every coach who is beat by them
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I have watched a lot of Kentucky basketball because I wanted to find something wrong with team. Early in the year I was not impressed. Same could be said about the beginning of SEC play. SEC is weak but they have taken care of business. They are absolutely loaded. Their athleticism is off the charts. They will need to have an a really off night and their opponent will need to play spectacular for them to lose.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

"Pursuit of Perfection" has replaced "Freshman Focus" on the mothership.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Alliteration!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Its a joke they keep noting a womans program is unbeaten. Doesnt count
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Olsondogg wrote:I can't wait for UK to go undefeated in the regular season, and then lose before the final 4.
yes. the kentucky hype will only make their tourney exit that much sweeter to watch.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dirtbags wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I can't wait for UK to go undefeated in the regular season, and then lose before the final 4.
yes. the kentucky hype will only make their tourney exit that much sweeter to watch.
List of regular season undefeated teams:

Eight teams have completed perfect seasons, including postseason tournament victories, since the tournament era began in 1938:
1939 LIU Blackbirds (24–0) — NIT champion, which at the time was more prestigious than the NCAA tournament
1956 San Francisco Dons (29–0) – NCAA champion
1957 North Carolina Tar Heels (32–0) – NCAA champion
1964 UCLA Bruins (30–0) – NCAA champion
1967 UCLA Bruins (30–0) – NCAA champion
1972 UCLA Bruins (30–0) – NCAA champion
1973 UCLA Bruins (30–0) – NCAA champion
1976 Indiana Hoosiers (32–0) – NCAA champion

In addition, four other teams in the tournament era had unbeaten records, but did not play in any postseason tournament:
1940 Seton Hall Pirates (19–0) — not invited to either the NCAA Tournament or NIT.
1944 Army Cadets (15–0) — not invited to either the NCAA Tournament or NIT. (Given that this season was during World War II, it is also possible that Army chose to turn down tournament invitations.)
1954 Kentucky Wildcats (25–0) — declined a bid to the NCAA Tournament due to an NCAA ruling that graduate students could not compete.
1973 NC State Wolfpack (27–0) — ineligible for postseason competition due to rule violations earlier that season.

The UCLA Bruins are the only team to have back-to-back perfect seasons (1971–1972, 1972–1973), and all four the school's perfect seasons were under Hall of Fame head coach John Wooden.

The following teams have completed a perfect regular season, but lost in the NCAA Tournmament or other postseason action:
1939 Loyola Ramblers (finished regular season 20–0 and lost in the NIT final to LIU to finish 21–1)
1941 Seton Hall Pirates (finished regular season 19–0; lost in the NIT semifinals to LIU and third-place game to CCNY to finish 20–2)
1951 Columbia Lions (finished 21–1 after losing in the first round)[14]
1961 Ohio State Buckeyes (finished 27–1 after losing in the championship game to Cincinnati)
1968 Houston Cougars (finished regular season 28–0, then lost the semifinal and consolation games at the Final Four)
1968 St. Bonaventure Bonnies (finished regular season 22–0, lost in regional semifinals)
1971 Penn Quakers(finished the regular season 26-0, lost in the regional finals)
1971 Marquette Warriors(finished regular season 26-0, lost in regional semifinals)
1975 Indiana Hoosiers (finished regular season 29–0, but lost to Kentucky in the Mideast Regional final)
1976 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (finished regular season 28–0, won 3 more games in the NCAA Tournament to go to 31–0, but lost in the Final Four to Michigan and in the consolation game to UCLA)
1979 Indiana State Sycamores (finished regular season 29–0, but lost in the championship game to Michigan State. Finished 33-1.)
1979 Alcorn State Braves finished the regular season with a perfect 27–0 record, but were not invited to the NCAA Tournament. The Braves lost in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament to Indiana.[15]
1991 UNLV Runnin' Rebels (entered the tournament 30–0, but lost in the Final Four to eventual champion Duke. Finished 34-1).
2004 Saint Joseph's Hawks (finished the regular season 27–0, lost in the quarterfinals of the 2004 Atlantic 10 Men's Basketball Tournament. Finished 30-2.)
2014 Wichita State Shockers (entered the tournament 34–0, lost to Kentucky in the Round of 32. Finished 35-1.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_se ... Basketball
waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

They just can't let it go. Now the title game has lost its luster because Kentucky isn't in it.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/ ... daily-word

On a side note, go Badgers, smite the ratman!
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UK handled their loss about as badly as any team I can remember. Cauley-Stein refusing to shake hands. Aaron Harrison name calling Frank K. Calipari having to apologize. Just a total meltdown.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Not to mention the massive riots and couch burning in Lexington Saturday night.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
az91

Post by az91 »

azgreg wrote:
dirtbags wrote:
List of regular season undefeated teams:

1973 NC State Wolfpack (27–0) — ineligible for postseason competition due to rule violations earlier that season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_se ... Basketball
What a bad year to have sanctions imposed!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Speaking of ESPN, what does everybody think of their new layout?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:Speaking of ESPN, what does everybody think of their new layout?
Now that Stanley Johnson wants to come back for another year, I'm having trouble focusing on your kind of question.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

7 UK players declare for the draft.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

is that all?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So as of now Kentucky only has like 8 scholarship players next year. Marcus Lee and Tyler Ulis are returning but they were there 2 least productive freshmen. They have a top 2-3 class coming in but it's only 3 kids right now. Ivan Rabb, Jaylen Brown and Malik Newman to Kentucky?

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:So as of now Kentucky only has like 8 scholarship players next year. Marcus Lee and Tyler Ulis are returning but they were there 2 least productive freshmen. They have a top 2-3 class coming in but it's only 3 kids right now. Ivan Rabb, Jaylen Brown and Malik Newman to Kentucky?
Lee is a soph and Poythress should be back from injury. Ulis is for real, so they should be a tourney team. Depth is a complete unknown at this point.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Ahh Lee was listed as a freshman on the Kentucky site.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:Ahh Lee was listed as a freshman on the Kentucky site.
Huh. I know this is his second year with them and he played in the 2014 tourney. Weird.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Great reading here about MSU and other issues in college ball:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... er-at-ncaa
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Drake is a living/breathing/air-balling recruiting violation...

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... -violation
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Drake passed Hov as the biggest dickrider a while ago. It isn't even close now.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

ESPN has recently started showing a good amount of Cal's tweets on their live feed through their website. They don't do that for any other coaches. Drives me crazy.
Puerco

ESPN

Post by Puerco »

Sorry if there's an ESPN thread already somewhere, but searching for ESPN doesn't actually work...

Anyway, I wonder if you've ever noticed the Twitter feed on the right side of ESPN's college hoops page. Tweets from Medcalf, Fraschilla, Greenberg, Bilas, etc. All good stuff, right? Oh, and then there's a tweet by Calipari. And another Cal tweet and another. So I start looking to see if any other coach's tweets show up in the ESPN feed. Nope, not today at least.

Maybe Cal is the only college basketball coach to have tweeted today...

Yeah, right. I wonder what's going down between Bristol and Lexington.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
luteformayor2

Re: ESPN

Post by luteformayor2 »

Fucking Obama