Ivan Rabb

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Re: Ivan Rabb

Post by gumby »

pokinmik wrote:Not being a dick whoever you are Button, but you write exactly the same way as a guy who used to go by the name Percy at GoAzCats. Are you one of his many alter egos? You have the long winded sentences and paragraphs down to a T, very confident (rightfully so or rightfully not) with information and details, very cordial to those that are nice to you but you almost invite major ribbings from others with your posts since you at so confident but in the end, it's still the Internet after all, you could be insane like Steve Buscemi, nobody knows.
Good call. Cable box story is Percyesque.
Right where I want to be.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

gumby wrote:
pokinmik wrote:Not being a dick whoever you are Button, but you write exactly the same way as a guy who used to go by the name Percy at GoAzCats. Are you one of his many alter egos? You have the long winded sentences and paragraphs down to a T, very confident (rightfully so or rightfully not) with information and details, very cordial to those that are nice to you but you almost invite major ribbings from others with your posts since you at so confident but in the end, it's still the Internet after all, you could be insane like Steve Buscemi, nobody knows.
Agree; written with classic James Joyce run on style.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

gumby wrote:
Have not h much time the this wekend to keep up the Rabb-Ash discussion that we initiated and I am noy entirely sure what you mean with this comment, but since spend most of my free time in he Facebook basketball groups with Ben Hansen and a few of the other oldie but goodies, what I posted about some guy claiming he worked at Cox and said Ashey had come in the other day to cancel his accouunt and turn is bocx in, was 100 percent true, it ws a random comment in a similar thread to this one about Ashley on the PGU Facebok page, which I dont read, being that I dont like PGU but did notice that comment and for intents and purposes it did appear to be legit since said poster always had a lot to say wrt to the whole pac12 network and the ox V Direct TV brohaha. So based on that, I felt the comment was legit and not off the cuff humor and thus passed it along in good fun here as I have a few other stories which I though some would enjoy during this painful offseson. I also beieve that I added the caveat when I shared it that it could mean nothing or it could mean everything. I do not what the signicance of that would mean but did know the person who made the comment had a long history of saying he did work for Cox. Again, just passing along what I thought was funny with potetial to be interesting.

If the implication is that I am some sort of sockpuppet, then I guess you got me red handed in the cookie jar, but arent we all. My time is spent in the basketball groups on Facebook and has been for many, many, many years where unlike here most of us are not sockpuppets and post using our real names, which is one reason I am findind these to be a little more credible, fun, civil and a lot less paranioid and trollish behavior, I had considered inviting some of you to our closed private groups over there where we have some great discussions and lots of fine people, formers players and coaches, like Roz, who contribute daily as well as the most of the Hansen sons and even the Pop but from the welcome I recieved and continue to recieve by some, for god only knows why, I amo nioy sure this style and what you all do over here would mix well what that style and what what do over there, it s a much different dynamic with stress on civility and teating others, old and new with respect. In fact have heard many of them suggest they left some of the various boards like this one, though not specifically this one all the time, for those very reasons.

But the comment, whatever it is you meant to suggest or imply about it was made by someone who does have a long history of speaking as one who works for Cox. So I do not know what else I can tell you. My belief is people tend to be more rea and less drunk on the anonymity that comes with these forums and whih doesnt, for the most part on Facebook where the majority of users use real names and tend to act less like choads.

The cable box story, while in fact was posted by someone who works there at Cox, may mean exactly nothing, but I found it funny and perhas mistakingly thought some of you would also. For those interested I will be glad to do a follow up on it and add to it if that story w develops furher, perhps he is sill stying and is just going over to anoher providor like many of us ave with direct tv. Sorry about the grammer and typs it is late and its been a long week in the courtroom and slepless nights over the teams loss and I still have not learned to type well with my thumbs.

Be well.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Agree, be well man. Whether true or not I still enjoy reading your posts. We're all here for AZbball after all.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If it wasn't for my wife still being around liking her crappy TV shows, I would have turned in my cable box too until football season starts, so there may be some basis for that.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Thinking about cutting cable line also. Prices getting ridiculous.

Need to find a way to watch sports without it..then it's aloha. ;)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

HiCat wrote:Thinking about cutting cable line also. Prices getting ridiculous.

Need to find a way to watch sports without it..then it's aloha. ;)
y it with me: "Netflix Sports"
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

ButtonSalmon wrote:If the implication is that I am some sort of sockpuppet, then I guess you got me red handed in the cookie jar, but arent we all.
Coming from me it's not an "implication," it's a matter of fact declaration.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Every time someone posts in this thread, I figure he committed to Cal.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Allonzo Trier makes pitch for Ivan Rabb to come to Arizona

By: USA TODAY High School Sports April 4, 2015

Ivan Rabb and Allonzo Trier were teammates this week at the McDonald’s All American Game in Chicago. They will be teammates again next week for Team USA at the Nike Hoops Summit in Portland and at the Jordan Brand Classic in New York on April 17.

They could be teammates next year at Arizona. Trier from Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev., is already signed to the Wildcats; Rabb, from Bishop O’Dowd in Oakland, is down to Cal and Arizona. Rabb has been expected to choose Cal, even though Arizona has been recruiting Rabb since he was a freshman.

Trier took the opportunity to make a public recruiting pitch on Twitter to his friend.
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/allonzo-tri ... to-arizona
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

HiCat wrote:Allonzo Trier makes pitch for Ivan Rabb to come to Arizona

Ivan Rabb and Allonzo Trier were teammates this week at the McDonald’s All American Game in Chicago. They will be teammates again next week for Team USA at the Nike Hoops Summit in Portland and at the Jordan Brand Classic in New York on April 17.

They could be teammates next year at Arizona. Trier from Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev., is already signed to the Wildcats; Rabb, from Bishop O’Dowd in Oakland, is down to Cal and Arizona. Rabb has been expected to choose Cal, even though Arizona has been recruiting Rabb since he was a freshman.

Trier took the opportunity to make a public recruiting pitch on Twitter to his friend.
Zo is our last hope with Rabb! Lets hope he can get him to tucson!
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I like Zo already. Not sure if I care to have Rabb if he would even consider Cal, but at least it appears winning is important enough to him that he has waited on his decision to see if he will have team mates to complement his game.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

splitsecond wrote:I like Zo already. Not sure if I care to have Rabb if he would even consider Cal, but at least it appears winning is important enough to him that he has waited on his decision to see if he will have team mates to complement his game.
What's your turn off with even considering the University of California?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
splitsecond wrote:I like Zo already. Not sure if I care to have Rabb if he would even consider Cal, but at least it appears winning is important enough to him that he has waited on his decision to see if he will have team mates to complement his game.
Oski turns me off too.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Oski is pedo bear.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

HiCat wrote:Allonzo Trier makes pitch for Ivan Rabb to come to Arizona

he should pass the ball to rabb the next time they play together :D
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

Merkin wrote:If it wasn't for my wife still being around liking her crappy TV shows, I would have turned in my cable box too until football season starts, so there may be some basis for that.
I swear, sometimes I get the feeling you are my alter-ego posting things about my life. :lol:

Except I only almost moved to the central coast.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

what stopped you, man?? i've been trying to find a way to move to anywhere-between-santa cruz-and-pismo-beach but my better half isn't having any of it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hey, it's already too crowded around here!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So if Tarc does come back Rabb could move into the 4 vacated by Ashley? That would be a really good front line.
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote:So if Tarc does cone back Rabb could move into the 4 vacated by Ashley? That would be a really good front line.
Don't forget Ryan Anderson.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
WildcatRx

Post by WildcatRx »

Button,

Have you ever had kidney stones?
"I do not like Miller"-- Machina
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

For the record:

Ryan Anderson > Ivan Rabb
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I figured Anderson would start due to experience but it would allow Rabb to play his true position
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Olsondogg wrote:For the record:

Ryan Anderson > Ivan Rabb

Whaaaat? ;)
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

This thread has potential.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Longhorned wrote:
No Monty, no program IMO. No reason for a top level one and done athlete to ever consider Cal, because they entire draw at Cal is the education.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

splitsecond wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
No Monty, no program IMO. No reason for a top level one and done athlete to ever consider Cal, because they entire draw at Cal is the education.
The reason is a four letter word, and the first three are h-o-m.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

azcat49 wrote:So if Tarc does come back Rabb could move into the 4 vacated by Ashley? That would be a really good front line.
i thought IR wanted to play PF in college all along - no?

conversely, what are cuonzo's plans should the rabb-swanigan deal pan out? ivan at the 4 and throw caleb at the 5, with rooks and okroh coming off the bench? or some bigball combination of IR-CS-rooks/okr? swanigan takes up a lot of space in the paint, but he's like 4" shorter than rabb and a good 5-6" shorter than cal's returning centers. wonder how that'll work out, given cuonzo's rep for lackluster offensive design and his ongoing struggles against the packline.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Hey man, this isn't Indiana. No need to talk that talk.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Calm down, guys. Hom-e, homies.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Puerco wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Now that's funny!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

His family is still avoiding talking to him?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:His family is still avoiding talking to him?
They have an incredibly restrictive cellphone plan.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Chicat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:His family is still avoiding talking to him?
They have an incredibly restrictive cellphone plan.
Everyone told them to not get the "No minutes per month" plan.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

At this point I wonder what cunzo or one of his go betweens a promised the family for delivering Rabb.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:At this point I wonder what cunzo or one of his go betweens a promised the family for delivering Rabb.
I wouldn't assume that. I'm sure his family would just really like to see him play 25 home games next year instead of one or two. Going to school close to home is a strong draw for a lot of people.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

dirtbags wrote:what stopped you, man?? i've been trying to find a way to move to anywhere-between-santa cruz-and-pismo-beach but my better half isn't having any of it.

Higher elevation backpacking is too far away. Plus, I get more house/$$ in the valley.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:At this point I wonder what cunzo or one of his go betweens a promised the family for delivering Rabb.
I wouldn't assume that. I'm sure his family would just really like to see him play 25 home games next year instead of one or two. Going to school close to home is a strong draw for a lot of people.
Totally, Chi. But for chrissake, it's freaking Berkeley! I realize this guy probably has very little interest in earning a degree, but Cal is one of the top five public universities in the world. So if you add to that how close to home it is, it's really easy to see why Cal is a strong draw.

If it matters more to him to play for a contender, he'll go to Arizona.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

azcat34 wrote:
And this is related to Rabb somehow?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Beachcat97 wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
If he picks Cal, then expect Rabb to go there. Arizona's best chance is if he doesn't pick Cal.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Tarc's return makes Rabb's decision less significant for us, imo.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Swanigan is choosing between Cal Duke MichSt Purdue.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Really? Please read through this thread of consult with Google.com.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Daryl Zero wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
If he picks Cal, then expect Rabb to go there. Arizona's best chance is if he doesn't pick Cal.
Agree. If Swanigan picks MSU then the Rabb/Swanigan/Brown package falls apart. Couple that with Tyrone Wallaces' expected departure to the NBA and Rabb is going to have to decide whether he wants to be "The Man" on a NIT/CBI team or a member of a team which will challenge for another PAC12 title and make another deep run in the tournament. I have to wonder if Andersons presence will scare off Rabb in any case. Anderson was in the top 5 in both rebounding & scoring at an ACC school and isn't likely to roll over and settle for 2nd team if Rabb arrives on the UA campus.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Do we even need Rabb with Tarc returning?