Ivan Rabb

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Main Event

Re: Ivan Rabb

Post by Main Event »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:He played terrible in the Mcdaa game and has pouted to the refs on both his missed shots in this game so far. Terrible player.
Kansas should sign some terrible players like him sometime. Maybe they'll get out of the first weekend then.
We already have a commitment from a better post player in Bragg and will soon have a commitment from Diallo, who is also better than Rabb. Hopefully we can land one of Newman, Ingram or Brown to round out the class. Believe all of these targets are rated higher than your incoming class.

Excuse me while I go hang that recruiting banner in my living room.
I remember vividly you trying to hype up Alexander and Oubre the same way and they were scrubs. You fell off fuegs
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Predictably, enfuego is lashing out because lately their best recruits either get hurt or get declared ineligible and leave after playing half a season.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Main Event wrote:
enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:He played terrible in the Mcdaa game and has pouted to the refs on both his missed shots in this game so far. Terrible player.
Kansas should sign some terrible players like him sometime. Maybe they'll get out of the first weekend then.
We already have a commitment from a better post player in Bragg and will soon have a commitment from Diallo, who is also better than Rabb. Hopefully we can land one of Newman, Ingram or Brown to round out the class. Believe all of these targets are rated higher than your incoming class.

I remember vividly you trying to hype up Alexander and Oubre the same way and they were scrubs. You fell off fuegs
They both had very good freshmen years. Alexander's mom cost him his last 8 games.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Brown and newman aren't going to Kansas, at least with any information available now, diallo is #6 and rabb is #7 so neither is better than the other objectively and Bragg is #19 in the class. So a swing and miss on all fronts fuegs.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:Predictably, enfuego is lashing out because lately their best recruits either get hurt or get declared ineligible and leave after playing half a season.
And yet, more disappointing has been the downward spiral which has been Kaleb Tarczewski's college experiment. His college decision cost him millions.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Brown and newman aren't going to Kansas, at least with any information available now, diallo is #6 and rabb is #7 so neither is better than the other objectively and Bragg is #19 in the class. So a swing and miss on all fronts fuegs.
You're basing this on rankings. I'm basing it on their play on the court.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego cherry-picking again. He cites rankings when they support his argument, when they don't, it's the eyeball test.

He's the RockyRaccoon of Kansas fans.
-JB
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

enfuego wrote:
Main Event wrote:
enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

They both had very good freshmen years. Alexander's mom cost him his last 8 games.
Alexander couldn't take Traylor's PT, kid was a scrub.

And don't wanna hear about college development with Kaleb when Wayne Selden is still in college
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Main Event wrote: Alexander couldn't take Traylor's PT, kid was a scrub.

And don't wanna hear about college development with Kaleb when Wayne Selden is still in college

Selden will be a sophomore and was not as highly rated and is also not something the NBA covets, a 7 footer. That said, Selden probably plays pro in Europe. Tarczewski will be done with basketball after next year.
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

Danny Manning is at Wake Forest, shut the hell already enfuego. Ellis is a five star player who is still in Lawrence and has diminished NBA prospects.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

You're basing this on rankings. I'm basing it on their play on the court.
So am I. Arizona will have a much better class than Kansas either way. You'll be lucky to get even 1 of diallo, Brown, Ingram or Newman.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

despite the sluggish start, it's been a pretty fun game to watch thus far - for the type of match it is, anyway.

now, as someone who is firmly in the still-want-rabb-to-come-to-Arizona camp, i agree that rabb hasn't looked very impressive today or in chi. i don't follow these players closely enough but it feels a little like rabb's improvement has been marginal at best since all the hype in the early days of his recruitment. zimm, by comparison, seems much more improved from what we've seen in prior seasons.

granted, this is based on an extremely small set of data points - but it's mildly disappointing to see yet another quiet game from rabb. he's really gonna need the right coaching, resources, and teammates to help him develop into the nba player we all know he can be.

btw - nice first half by trier.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

enfuego wrote:

Selden will be a sophomore and was not as highly rated and is also not something the NBA covets, a 7 footer. That said, Selden probably plays pro in Europe. Tarczewski will be done with basketball after next year.
Selden was 15 on Ford's big board before the season this year and he was rated higher than that before his freshman year, stop fuegs lol You're not winning this one.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

enfuego wrote:

Try again seldon will be a junior
gumby

Post by gumby »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Predictably, enfuego is lashing out because lately their best recruits either get hurt or get declared ineligible and leave after playing half a season.
And yet, more disappointing has been the downward spiral which has been Kaleb Tarczewski's college experiment. His college decision cost him millions.
Is that what Kansas pays now?
Right where I want to be.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

dirtbags wrote:despite the sluggish start, it's been a pretty fun game to watch thus far - for the type of match it is, anyway.

now, as someone who is firmly in the still-want-rabb-to-come-to-Arizona camp, i agree that rabb hasn't looked very impressive today or in chi. i don't follow these players closely enough but it feels a little like rabb's improvement has been marginal at best since all the hype in the early days of his recruitment. zimm, by comparison, seems much more improved from what we've seen in prior seasons.

granted, this is based on an extremely small set of data points - but it's mildly disappointing to see yet another quiet game from rabb. he's really gonna need the right coaching, resources, and teammates to help him develop into the nba player we all know he can be.

Agree.

Miller's proven that he gets guys to the next level. Rabb he needs to go to the school (Arizona) that will help him maximize his potential.
gumby

Post by gumby »

dirtbags wrote:despite the sluggish start, it's been a pretty fun game to watch thus far - for the type of match it is, anyway.

Trier was solid. Really like what he brings. Good shooter. Fearless driver. Nice size. Rabb just wasn't a factor. Would he start as a frosh? Not seeing it.

Hoop Summit is a much better game than McD.

Murray from the 2016 class .... impressive. Best guard in that game.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Rabb looks, at this point in time, like a player that has no business being a one & done. He needs about 30 lbs of muscle and some serious time in the weight room.

Real GM had some observations from the Nike Hoops summit practices this week:

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/2 ... oop-Summit

Ivan Rabb: Rabb didn’t have a particularly strong week, but was USA’s big who had the best chance of matching up against the World Team. Rabb had a lot of awkward moments where it was difficult to see the tools that has made him a promising power forward prospect over the past few years, such as his face-up game and high rise on his jumper. Rabb seems to get down on himself during his difficult moments and how he adjusts when he’s not always the best player on the floor will be critical to monitor next season.

Allonzo Trier: An athletic wing with a good jumper, Trier should have a high impact career at Arizona, but he’s a full year older than most of the players in this game and that is of course critical to consider at this age.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

dmjcat wrote:Rabb looks, at this point in time, like a player that has no business being a one & done. He needs about 30 lbs of muscle and some serious time in the weight room.

Ivan Rabb: Rabb didn’t have a particularly strong week, but was USA’s big who had the best chance of matching up against the World Team. Rabb had a lot of awkward moments where it was difficult to see the tools that has made him a promising power forward prospect over the past few years, such as his face-up game and high rise on his jumper. Rabb seems to get down on himself during his difficult moments and how he adjusts when he’s not always the best player on the floor will be critical to monitor next season.
sounds like a head case and the way he is handling his recruitment reflects is.

Would vastly prefer MT from USF.

He is not the "Carmelo Anthony" the hype is making him our to be.

I hope we goes to Cal. Not Arizona Good.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

enfuego wrote:

Tarcewski will get a shot at the league because he's a good post defender and is athletic. The best case for him is to come back put up more rebounding numbers and maybe get a 10-12 foot jumper. If he doesn't get drafted there is absolutley no way he doesn't have a job in Europe.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Not Arizona Good, eh? So why have Miller and his staff been chasing him for the past two years?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just a bit immature. Miller would be good for him before he goes league and really gets blown up by those coaches
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Not Arizona Good, eh? So why have Miller and his staff been chasing him for the past two years?
No shit. Our staff seems to be pretty sold on him. He tried to stay home and make the home team good enough to justify his decision. How terrible.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

EVCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

No shit. Our staff seems to be pretty sold on him. He tried to stay home and make the home team good enough to justify his decision. How terrible.
No shit is right... BC97's disease must be contagious.

Overreactions & flip-flopping between extremes. I expect the latter to be on full display if somehow Rabb ends up at Arizona.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Rabb looks, at this point in time, like a player that has no business being a one & done. He needs about 30 lbs of muscle and some serious time in the weight room.

Someone made him out to be the "Carmelo Anthony?" Pretty knee jerk reaction to say the least, especially to an evaluation that made him sound like a kid who just needs coaching and not one that needs a guidance counselor, which is what you're making it sound like. I'd vastly prefer the player with the high ceiling that can be at Arizona for more than a year if need be and can learn behind a much more experienced senior than a grad transfer plug in who will help us for only one year and would have no impact on the next. I think Tellefson looks like a fine player, but when you already have a senior transfer pegged in for next year it's much better for your program to have that young talent developing behind him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CST is going to feel pretty silly when Rabb becomes a Wildcat.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:CST is going to feel pretty silly when Rabb becomes a Wildcat.
Is that the way he's leaning today? Good. We'll see about tomorrow.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Commitment and self-immersion both precede loyalty.

I remember rooting for Cal to beat Arizona in a football game because of my loyalty to ASU. I was a teenager.

As a high school senior, I was attending a youth leadership conference at ASU when I learned that Arizona beat ASU again in the Territorial Cup down in Tucson. I sat down in the middle of the parking lot in despondency.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What about Scheer? The internet never forgets.

Last edited by Merkin on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

gumby

Post by gumby »

CalStateTempe wrote:

Would be an excellent parody post.

Agree with Fraschilla. Not many guys who look like one-and-dones in this group. Has Rabb ever declared that to be his intention? Or is that merely presumed?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

Merkin wrote:

What about Scheer? The internet never forgets.

I'll be bemused if Rabb picks Arizona because he will be the first Arizona player I know of to choose Arizona when he actively wanted to go to another school. I'm sticking with Rabb choosing Cal, going 0-2 against Arizona and watching the NCAAT from his couch.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

Ryan Anderson is a four, can't play SF at all and will be the excuse why Rabb chooses Cal. Anderson/Tarc/Ristic is going to eat him up next year.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Morales must know something for him to keep posting these tweets about Rabb.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Irish27 wrote:
That sounds promising.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

ZONACAT wrote:Ryan Anderson is a four, can't play SF at all and will be the excuse why Rabb chooses Cal. Anderson/Tarc/Ristic is going to eat him up next year.
I agree with you.

Our SF will most likely be Tollefson or SJ and Smith.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Why would Anderson be guaranteed a starting position? The best player starts.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ZONACAT wrote:Ryan Anderson is a four, can't play SF at all and will be the excuse why Rabb chooses Cal. Anderson/Tarc/Ristic is going to eat him up next year.
Maybe Anderson can play the Arselan Kazemi role for us or maybe Rabb is fine with 20 some minutes per game. I know the latter part is doubtful, but who knows. If the kid wants to win at all then between Cal (with or without Ty Wallace) and Arizona he knows where to go. So if he does choose Arizona then we know his head is in the right place after all.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ZONACAT wrote: Anderson/Tarc/Ristic is going to eat him up next year.
Agree - I posted something similar earlier.

The question is does he want to get better by practicing every day against better players and going to the NCAA tournament, or be the man at Cal?
-JB
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Maybe Anderson can play the Arselan Kazemi role for us or maybe Rabb is fine with 20 some minutes per game. I know the latter part is doubtful, but who knows. If the kid wants to win at all then between Cal (with or without Ty Wallace) and Arizona he knows where to go. So if he does choose Arizona then we know his head is in the right place after all.
During no part in the process has Rabb indicated he wants to win a National Title, go watch the draft express interview, it's all about just making the tournament for him, which is laughably low. This whole process has been "look at me", "I'm a program changer", "other players are going to follow me", "Wallace is staying for me"...his ego is writing checks that his team at Cal won't cash.
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

Irish27 wrote:Why would Anderson be guaranteed a starting position? The best player starts.
Anderson is better. Seriously.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Irish27 wrote:Why would Anderson be guaranteed a starting position? The best player starts.
He's not but if it there was a battle between Anderson and Rabb for a starting spot, my money would be RA. He has a year in the system and has proven he could get done it at the college level.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Anderson/Rabb/Tarc strikes me as slow. Massive worked with Gordon, because he was a freak. Comanche sure looks buried.
Last edited by gumby on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ZONACAT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
During no part in the process has Rabb indicated he wants to win a National Title, go watch the draft express interview, it's all about just making the tournament for him, which is laughably low. This whole process has been "look at me", "I'm a program changer", "other players are going to follow me", "Wallace is staying for me"...his ego is writing checks that his team at Cal won't cash.
I guess we'll see tomorrow night. I probably shouldn't have said his head, but more his group's collective heads.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Frybry02 wrote:
He's not but if it there was a battle between Anderson and Rabb for a starting spot, my money would be RA. He has a year in the system and has proven he could get done it at the college level.
Anderson knew Miller was recruiting Rabb, so if Ivan does come here, made the better person start. Btw, after reading all these posts, if Rabb does commit to the UofA, I get the feeling most will be pissed. :?