Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Zero

Re: UCLA Basketball in trouble?

Post by Zero »

Over under 4000 at the next home game?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Cal state northridge at 4 pm on Sunday after Thanksgiving.... Traffic is going to be backed up for miles on every freeway and road within 40 miles of Pauley
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Irish27 wrote:Wow, UCLA looks like crap. Extend Alford immediately. :D
How do you extend a lifetime contract?
Zero wrote:Over under 4000 at the next home game?
I'm loading up the wagons, packing food for a couple days, dropping the baby off at my parents, braving the elements, and going to the game. Going to be a pain driving all those miles of roads for 40 miles.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Zero wrote:Over under 4000 at the next home game?
The better question is . . . . how many balloon animals?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Alford is letting them play. I hope everyone is enjoying that.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Zero

Post by Zero »

I am.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Pretty funny fuegs, but it begs the question whether your opponent bothered to show up at all.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:Pretty funny fuegs, but it begs the question whether your opponent bothered to show up at all.
I was expecting a dog fight, but got nothing to measure this team against from UCLA. On paper UCLA has a pretty talented team. I can't believe Alford is that bad of a coach.

We'll see how we do against Vanderbilt.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Maybe UCLA can copy asu and give free tickets to those who bring a can of food to the game.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:Pretty funny fuegs, but it begs the question whether your opponent bothered to show up at all.
I was expecting a dog fight, but got nothing to measure this team against from UCLA. On paper UCLA has a pretty talented team. I can't believe Alford is that bad of a coach.

Believe it. I give him another year after this one before they cut ties. Losses like last night where they just don't bother to show up, and the obvious fan disinterest, are bound to doom his tenure sooner rather than later.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UCLA came out like Rocky did against Thunderlips in Rocky III. Let's just throw a few punches and give the crowd a good time.

When they realized Kansas didn't think this was an exhibition, they rolled over and played dead.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

enfuego wrote:

LOL. UCLA is almost always a talented team on paper. And yes, Alford is a joke
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Believe it. I give him another year after this one before they cut ties. Losses like last night where they just don't bother to show up, and the obvious fan disinterest, are bound to doom his tenure sooner rather than later.
It's going to take more than that. The AD is going have to go too.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

There is talk he's retiring in 2017.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

MrBug708 wrote:There is talk he's retiring in 2017.
Is there one fan out there that would be sad about that?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Olsondogg wrote:
:lol:

If there is I don't think I've met any of them.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Espn just had an update after the Zags game where when talking about ucla, Miller's comments were shown and discussed. Jay Williams said that it shouldn't have been done by the head coach (shocker) and then Seth Greenburg explained why it was done, and how it was good to do--and also clarified that ucla was not mentioned.

I just have to say, that I love the fact that when uCla is discussed right now, the talk is of Arizona, the program and the environment. Pretty funny that Alford is letting them play, and lose...and then there is the "salt in the wound" as Jay Williams said...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:Espn just had an update after the Zags game where when talking about ucla, Miller's comments were shown and discussed. Jay Williams said that it shouldn't have been done by the head coach (shocker) and then Seth Greenburg explained why it was done, and how it was good to do--and also clarified that ucla was not mentioned.

I just have to say, that I love the fact that when uCla is discussed right now, the talk is of Arizona, the program and the environment. Pretty funny that Alford is letting them play, and lose...and then there is the "salt in the wound" as Jay Williams said...
Look, when Miller names no one and just generally talks about teams with terrible fans who are always stuck in traffic and everyone instantaneously goes to UCLA, it speaks volumes. Everybody knows the team with those problems. Name another allegedly high profile program that regularly draws 50% capacity.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Espn just had an update after the Zags game where when talking about ucla, Miller's comments were shown and discussed. Jay Williams said that it shouldn't have been done by the head coach (shocker) and then Seth Greenburg explained why it was done, and how it was good to do--and also clarified that ucla was not mentioned.

Look, when Miller names no one and just generally talks about teams with terrible fans who are always stuck in traffic and everyone instantaneously goes to UCLA, it speaks volumes. Everybody knows the team with those problems. Name another allegedly high profile program that regularly draws 50% capacity.
No shit.

The point is that he didn't say it. You can say alot without saying anything....What about that don't you understand?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

No shit.

The point is that he didn't say it. You can say alot without saying anything....What about that don't you understand?
If Sean Miller does an interview stating UCLA has terrible fan support in exactly those words, it is fine. They do. It is an obvious thing. No one should feel bad for stating the obvious.

There is no reason why Miller should not take every chance to point out how Arizona is superior to UCLA in fan support. If we make them feel bad, so be it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

No shit.

If Sean Miller does an interview stating UCLA has terrible fan support in exactly those words, it is fine. They do. It is an obvious thing. No one should feel bad for stating the obvious.

There is no reason why Miller should not take every chance to point out how Arizona is superior to UCLA in fan support. If we make them feel bad, so be it.
Exactly spiff.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I don't know, ASUHATER says attendance isn't important.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I wonder what idiotic things about attendance phxcats is saying now. If UCLA was better they'd get better attendance. Attendance comes from success. Success doesn't come from attendance.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby

Post by gumby »

In short, Mission: Accomplished.
Right where I want to be.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

UCLA's defense is pathetic.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

So let me get this straight: it's okay for UCLA fans to complain about their poor home attendance and traffic. But if someone else says it, them's fighting words?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

carolinacat wrote:So let me get this straight: it's okay for UCLA fans to complain about their poor home attendance and traffic. But if someone else says it, them's fighting words?
Sounds about right....SMH....pathetic and an embarrassment for the Pac.
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

Do they make the NIT this year? Is it too early to start the NIT bubble talk?

(Just kidding. Sorta)
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I hope the Compton Magic have fun with Bruins!!!
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Wait 'til next year is a common reply for UCLA fans. But we heard that last year.....and the year before...
Zero

Post by Zero »

carolinacat wrote:Wait 'til next year is a common reply for UCLA fans. But we heard that last year.....and the year before...

So true. And they are silly if they think all these guys are coming back next year. I expect some transfers.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Zero wrote:
carolinacat wrote:Wait 'til next year is a common reply for UCLA fans. But we heard that last year.....and the year before...

So true. And they are silly if they think all these guys are coming back next year. I expect some transfers.
There are really only three core players IMO. Welsh, Holiday, and Ali. You could probably add Bolden, but I doubt he sticks around another year, thought he came back for this year. Everyone else isn't going to help UCLA really. Bryce and Ball wont be able to coexist in a positive way, at least as far as I can tell.

Oh well.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Just join the force bug! Become an Arizona fan.

OT. Glad you came to this board after goazcats.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Olsondogg wrote:
Beachcat?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

No way UCLA could be under achieving. They've just been getting screwed by crooked refs fixing games in Maui:

http://www.scout.com/college/ucla/forum ... /177701591" target="_blank

:lol:
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I just want to know when we can lay to rest two ideas that still make their way into discussions of UCLA hoops.

1. That UCLA is (or can become) an elite program. They're not, and they cannot. They've had two successful coaches, one is a legend, the other was fired for not being more like the former. Aside from these coaches' tenures, UCLA is no better than a low-2nd to 3rd tier program nationally.

2. AZ "needs" UCLA to be strong. No, we don't. We just need a group of Pac teams in contention every year, regardless of the letters on their chests. Cal is strong this year, and USC and Oregon are off to good starts. That'll do just fine. UCLA can continue to suck and it won't affect us in the slightest.

"Heh"ppy Thanksgiving, everyone.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Look, when Miller names no one and just generally talks about teams with terrible fans who are always stuck in traffic and everyone instantaneously goes to UCLA, it speaks volumes. Everybody knows the team with those problems.
Ding ding ding

In other words, you see your girl dancing on a dude in the club, you shouldn't be mad at the dude, you should be mad at your chick
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I agree We dont need UCLA to be good. I enjoy them sucking. The old days when both of us were good were a lot of fun. But my blood pressure is better off with them being where they are.

I don't agree that UCLA cannot be an elite program again. They have their flaws, but they still have pulled great talent over the years. There is a lot of talent in that state. Alford is pulling some quality guys in the next two classes for crying out loud, and he isnt shit. All it takes is some moron who is a good coach to take that job and have a couple good seasons and they are straight. Their contract with Adidas is up soon and that wont hurt either, though Adidas is making somewhat of a turnaround since they brought Kanye aboard.
Merkin

Not so bad afterall...

Post by Merkin »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

rgdeuce wrote:I agree We dont need UCLA to be good. I enjoy them sucking. The old days when both of us were good were a lot of fun. But my blood pressure is better off with them being where they are.

I don't agree that UCLA cannot be an elite program again. They have their flaws, but they still have pulled great talent over the years. There is a lot of talent in that state. Alford is pulling some quality guys in the next two classes for crying out loud, and he isnt shit. All it takes is some moron who is a good coach to take that job and have a couple good seasons and they are straight. Their contract with Adidas is up soon and that wont hurt either, though Adidas is making somewhat of a turnaround since they brought Kanye aboard.
C'mon man. You realize who you were responding to, right?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Who wants to start the "UA Basketball in trouble?" thread. Looking pretty bad against Santa Clara. :shock:
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

enfuego wrote:Who wants to start the "UA Basketball in trouble?" thread. Looking pretty bad against Santa Clara. :shock:
You enjoying UA's bad wins as much as we enjoy KU's losses?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Puerco wrote:
enfuego wrote:Who wants to start the "UA Basketball in trouble?" thread. Looking pretty bad against Santa Clara. :shock:
Ha. You betcha. I do enjoy it when Arizona has a good team, as I enjoy watching good basketball. I do, however, root for UA to lose every game.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Ha. You betcha. I do enjoy it when Arizona has a good team, as I enjoy watching good basketball. I do, however, root for UA to lose every game.
Sorry there's been so much disappointment in your life the past couple of years.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Sorry there's been so much disappointment in your life the past couple of years.
Thanks man. Something tells me this is going to be a special year. :lol:
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Ive never seen such a blatant troll who is a fan of a rival team, nonconference or not, stick around a team message board for so long. For as bad as his trolling is, that is impressive.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:
Zero wrote:

There are really only three core players IMO. Welsh, Holiday, and Ali. You could probably add Bolden, but I doubt he sticks around another year, thought he came back for this year. Everyone else isn't going to help UCLA really. Bryce and Ball wont be able to coexist in a positive way, at least as far as I can tell.

Oh well.
You make solid contributions to the board, so I feel bad that my first response was that you need to give them a little time to shake off the coaching first before getting too stressed.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

About to load up the wagon for the trek to Pauley for the Sunday game