Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dirtbags

Re: Kansas

Post by dirtbags »

great game, indeed. had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

it's too bad ou committed so many mental lapses, unfortunate turnovers late in the game and in ot
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:This has been a well officiated game, which is unusual at times in the phog
Except for that last inbounds play. Supposed to give the guy three feet.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:This has been a well officiated game, which is unusual at times in the phog
Except for that last inbounds play. Supposed to give the guy three feet.
The 3 feet rule is for the inbounding player. He can only move left or right three feet in either direction when inbounding the ball. The defender only has to stay behind the line. No rule violation at all.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Wrong fungus. Chi was closer than you. If an inbounding player moved 3 feet he would committed a violation that is signaled as traveling, he can only run the baseline after a made basket . The defensive player simply can't break the plane and if he does, he has committed a violation.

Either way I think it was a good play by the KU player
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

From the official rule book:
Sec. 6, Art. 6, Sec. b

No opponent of the thrower-in shall have any part of his or her person over the inside plane of the boundary line.
Video and article here:

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... ing-steal/" target="_blank

"Officials aren’t required to, but they generally ask for the defense to allow the inbounder for three feet of space. The issue, however, is that Mason’s toe touches the sideline at one point, and his arms pretty clearly cross that plane."

So Kansas is now 11-3? What happened to that once proud program?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Technical loss
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

azcat49 wrote:Wrong fungus. Chi was closer than you. If an inbounding player moved 3 feet he would committed a violation that is signaled as traveling, he can only run the baseline after a made basket . The defensive player simply can't break the plane and if he does, he has committed a violation.

Either way I think it was a good play by the KU player
:D
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:From the official rule book:
Sec. 6, Art. 6, Sec. b

No opponent of the thrower-in shall have any part of his or her person over the inside plane of the boundary line.
Video and article here:

"Officials aren’t required to, but they generally ask for the defense to allow the inbounder for three feet of space. The issue, however, is that Mason’s toe touches the sideline at one point, and his arms pretty clearly cross that plane."

He was behind the line. The ball was attempted to be tossed in, Mason jumped up and deflected it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:From the official rule book:
Sec. 6, Art. 6, Sec. b

Video and article here:

He was behind the line. The ball was attempted to be tossed in, Mason jumped up and deflected it.
You lost. Get over it and move on.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

enfuego wrote: The 3 feet rule is for the inbounding player. He can only move left or right three feet in either direction when inbounding the ball. The defender only has to stay behind the line. No rule violation at all.
:lol: :lol:
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Damned KU fans never accept their technical losses without complaint. Come on, fuegs. Act like you've been there before. Because you have. A lot.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

12-4

Sad...
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

KU didn't just lose.....they were 'man-handled' and beat down! Everyday that KU loses is a good day :-)
az91

Post by az91 »

Merkin wrote:
It is always a good day when Kansas gets stomped.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I wouldn't care about Kansas. Except for enfuego. I wonder if JessieWildcat makes people feel the same about UA.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Puerco wrote:I wouldn't care about Kansas. Except for enfuego. I wonder if JessieWildcat makes people feel the same about UA.
Oh Man, as annoying as enfuego can be he pales in comparison to Jessie 'The Matrix' Wildcat. She literally makes the UCLA scout site unreadable with her never ending creation of aliases. If only she would focus on ASSU instead ;-)
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

jessie and A¢E... :?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I found a video enfuego posted on youtube.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

hahahah, amazing.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

When the Cowboys take you to the woodshed...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

KU is like Arizona, every opponent is their SuperBowl.
Bangkok Wildcat

Merkin wrote:KU is like Arizona, every opponent is their SuperBowl.
Happy Happy Day :-)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

13-5. Awful....

No enfuego posts until Saturday at the earliest assuming they beat Texas. Then they go to Iowa State and then Kentucky comes to Fogg Allen. We might have to send out a search party for our little buddy.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Losing by 19! That's a beat down. Doesn't Enfuego consider margin of victory (or losses) in his arguments?

Enfuego argument coming that Oklahoma State could win the Pac 12 coming...... in 3....2.....1
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Nice beat down in a half empty arena.

How's Kansas' recruiting class looking for next year besides the prospect we pretty much didn't want?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

carolinacat wrote:Losing by 19! That's a beat down.
No, no, no. You got it all wrong.

Losing by 19 is a 'technical win' because.... KANSAS!
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
PhxCat2013

Post by PhxCat2013 »

In case En Fuego wanted to see why ku lost before the game started http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14605434
He touched the BALL, He TOUCHED the ball, HE touched the ball
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I look forward to watching UA lose tonight to the mighty trees. Stanford is no OSU.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hey! Look who showed up. Enjoying the season so far enfuegito?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:Hey! Look who showed up. Enjoying the season so far enfuegito?
I am. A disappointing loss for sure, but as the de facto Pac-12 champions with our victories over OregonSU and UCLA, I'm surprised that Arizona fans are reveling in our loss.
PhxCat2013

Post by PhxCat2013 »

enfuego wrote:I look forward to watching UA lose tonight to the mighty trees. Stanford is no OSU.
So by this argument, Stanford > OSU. So when the cats beat Stanford tonight, we can conclude that Arizona would easily win the Big 12.
He touched the BALL, He TOUCHED the ball, HE touched the ball
Bangkok Wildcat

enfuego wrote:I look forward to watching UA lose tonight to the mighty trees. Stanford is no OSU.
Well I hope your disappointment continues tonight when we beat the Furd.

I have legit reasons for hating KU (in addition to sleazy Bill Self from Illinois 'Thugball U' and KU fans at 'The Shiver' wishing Tarc would blow out his knees the day he committed to us over KU...) BUT I do give you some respect for showing up on this board as its good to have some non UA Homers here......would be cool if you tried to act more like Mr. Bug though and tone down the animosity.

Again, respect for showing up.

P.S. I used to love KU when you had a classy coach like Roy Williams....both of my parents met there and many family members are alumni.....not that it matters to anyone ;-).
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Are you sure? As a KU fan you of all people should know not to underestimate the ''furd. They were not highly rated when they played the Jayhawks in the tourney a couple years back.

OSU must be thrilled to have faced KU when they did; had they lost, they would have fallen to 0.500 overall.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Eeeeked that one out on the road. Only14 points. Thank goodness it wasn't at OSU.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Looks like Decourcy believes that landing Tarc four years ago would have solved all KU's troubles today. Such a shame he decided to come to Arizona instead of Kansas, right?
Kansas

Glaring issue: The Jayhawks have not been able to find a reliable frontcourt partner for star forward Perry Ellis, who is averaging 15.8 points and 6.8 rebounds. They have used five different players in that spot: seniors Hunter Mickelson and Jamari Traylor, junior Landen Lucas and freshmen Carlton Bragg and Cheick Diallo.

Obvious symptom: In effectively 82 opportunities, they have produced five double-figure scoring games – total – and one double-figure rebounding game. The absence of a suitable partner for Ellis leaves KU running its offense frequently with one arm tied behind its back. That revolving door also has revealed that each of the five players has specific weaknesses that opponents can exploit.

Less obvious symptom: Kansas’ defensive efficiency has slipped to 26th in the nation as teams such as Oklahoma State burned the Jayhawks for 50 percent shooting. KU has produced a defense ranked 11th or better in five of six previous seasons this decade.

Principle beneficiary: Oklahoma State freshman guard Jawun Evans, who smoked KU for 22 points and eight assists in Tuesday’s 86-67 victory.

Possible solutions: Coach Bill Self has seen enough of his veterans by now to realize there isn’t an ideal center among them. Traylor is ideally suited to be an energy guy. Lucas is an effective sub with great hands who occasionally struggles to finish and offers little in the way of defensive discouragement.

Bragg will be a terrific replacement for Ellis next season and can complement him at times. But KU needs Diallo to excel. He is the tallest, most dynamic and among the more skilled of KU’s center options. Indeed, he still is struggling to gain command of KU’s systems at both ends, but, frankly, not all of his more experienced teammates are consistent in that area, either. Self started him against OK State but was frustrated enough with his errors to allow him only 13 minutes.

If you think about it, he had less responsibility than most for that debacle.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... -jefferson
Last edited by Puerco on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bangkok Wildcat

I love the God of Thunder!!! BTFD
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Zero

Post by Zero »

The standard players only meeting Enfuego?
Last edited by Zero on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

seriously though, what is diallo's malfunction? and didn't the rest of the squad get like a four month head start playing together at the world uni games last summer? ku should be a well-oiled machine by now.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Bad fit? Cliff didn't fit in well last year.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

CAL UPSETS NO. 12 ARIZONA
Jordan Mathews came off the bench for a game-high 28 points to beat the Wildcats 74-73 and improve to 4-3 in the Pac-12. Box score

U-G-L-Y loss.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Enfuego ran right over here as soon as the game ended. What a sad "human being"
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Are you too dumb to realize Arizona games have nothing to do with Kansas? Wrong thread dickhead.

Your obsession and jealousy is pretty sad.
shimdic

Post by shimdic »

enfuego wrote:CAL UPSETS NO. 12 ARIZONA
loss.
This has nothing to do with Kansas. This thread wouldn't even have that many pages, but you're a troll. :?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Come on now ladies, I try to keep my comments in this thread. You all know that. And didn't you all ask me to come back here on Saturday and post? :lol:
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

sorry, no time to respond, fuegs. it's my "busy season" at work all of a sudden. :lol:
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

enfuego wrote:Come on now ladies, I try to keep my comments in this thread. You all know that. And didn't you all ask me to come back here on Saturday and post? :lol:
Only because you're too much of a proven p*ssy to come back and eat your worthless smack after a Kansas loss. You're mysteriously absent. Every time.

We want you to man up and own all the sh*t you talk. But you never will, and so you're just trolling for attention.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Earlier this year enflamo said Cal was the class of the PAC-12. Now a one point loss at Cal is an ugly loss? What a maroon.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

enfuego wrote:Come on now ladies, I try to keep my comments in this thread. You all know that. And didn't you all ask me to come back here on Saturday and post? :lol:
Hey Dorothy, check this out:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... _/sort/RPI" target="_blank

Cal RPI #48
Oklahoma St RPI #135

Which one is a bad loss? I'd like a response, douchebag.