Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dirtbags

Re: Sean Miller

Post by dirtbags »

thanks, spiff. i guess i was under the assumption that KS would be OAD at UA - no? even if he's back in '17, CSM has the flexibility to slide KS (or KA, if he has eligibility after next season) to sg if he needs to mete out floor time. good call on tbrown. i neglected to include him because there's a lot more recruiting trail ahead of us, but Miller's outlook of the '17 class and brown's relationship(s) with our guys seem promising.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

dirtbags wrote:thanks, spiff. i guess i was under the assumption that KS would be OAD at UA - no? even if he's back in '17, CSM has the flexibility to slide KS (or KA, if he has eligibility after next season) to sg if he needs to mete out floor time. good call on tbrown. i neglected to include him because there's a lot more recruiting trail ahead of us, but Miller's outlook of the '17 class and brown's relationship(s) with our guys seem promising.
KA will be out of eligibility after next year. Another reason it wouldn't be the worst thing to get Atkins. There are few frosh that you should assume are a OAD, unless they are sure fire like AG, Stanley, JJ.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

yeah, i seem to remember thad matta hinting that kobi would be OAD, though that really doesn't mean anything.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

dirtbags wrote:yeah, i seem to remember thad matta hinting that kobi would be OAD, though that really doesn't mean anything.
If Kobi is one and done it is more likely to be a Grant Jarrett situation then him being a lottery pick. There are 17 incoming freshman all rated higher than him for a reason. He happens to be the 18th best prospect in this class just like Trier was in last class, and many of you think there is no chance Trier goes. I will also add from what I have seen and read, Simmons is more likely to have a freshman year like Justin Simon than Alonzo Trier. That is not necessarily a bad thing, just a more realistic expectation IMO and him going pro with a season like that would be a waste of talent and dollars.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dirtbags wrote:thanks, spiff. i guess i was under the assumption that KS would be OAD at UA - no? even if he's back in '17, CSM has the flexibility to slide KS (or KA, if he has eligibility after next season) to sg if he needs to mete out floor time. good call on tbrown. i neglected to include him because there's a lot more recruiting trail ahead of us, but Miller's outlook of the '17 class and brown's relationship(s) with our guys seem promising.
He could be one and done, but I wouldn't assume. He is talented, but really, there aren't a ton of players that truly go one and done. With Simmons being 10-20 in a lot of rankings and having to compete with Allen and Trier/Simon/PJC, I'm not sure that he will establish enough that leaving after one year is going to keep his draft stock where he wants it.

A lot of the answer about developmental prospects has to do with future the average fan like me doesn't know. Does PJC stay with Kobi and Allen here next year? How confident is Miller in incoming classes? Right now, we have Comanche, Simon and PJC that all seem to be 3-4 year players with a developmental curve. Beyond that, would we be shocked if Dusan, LM, RS, JJ (if he comes) or Trier might not be here in 17? The right balance of developmental guys and top prospects depends on how many of each we can pull.

I'm just not sure how many guys we can get that will fit the developmental mold. Simon is a project, but he also has NBA starter upside. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but Miller's recruiting has been good enough that guys with NBA futures are our developmental prospects. I don't see Bibby Jr. on that level.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

I'd be absolutely shocked if Dusan was anything but a four year player for us. I love the dude but he isn't Roy Hibbert (in college). And he is kind of like Roy Hibbert, so that's a bad thing for his NBA future. If he leaves after his junior year, it's because he is going to play in Europe not the NBA
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:I'd be absolutely shocked if Dusan was anything but a four year player for us. I love the dude but he isn't Roy Hibbert (in college). And he is kind of like Roy Hibbert, so that's a bad thing for his NBA future. If he leaves after his junior year, it's because he is going to play in Europe not the NBA
Never underestimate the power of being 7 feet tall. The fact that Dusan has good hands and touch, well, there just aren't that many of those people on planet earth.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regio ... story.html" target="_blank
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... leadership

Leadership sparks Arizona's season after battling injuries early on
By Sam Vecenie | Staff Writer
January 20, 2016 3:19 pm ET

To say Arizona had some question marks coming into the season would be an understatement.

After all, the school had just lost its top four scorers -- including two first round picks in Stanley Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, as well as first-team All-Pac-12 point guard T.J. McConnell -- to the NBA.

Simply put, people weren't exactly sure what to make of this Wildcat team following back-to-back appearances in the Elite Eight. On one hand, Sean Miller is one of the most well-respected coaches in the country for a reason. His teams often figure out a way to find success.

However, it was a completely new hierarchy of players in Tucson. Former role players stepping into larger roles. Young, new players needing to step in and find immediate success. In a way, that uncertainty drove expectations around the country down from the lofty heights they reached each of the last two seasons.

But that didn't stop the Wildcats from expecting more from themselves, and wanting to build their own legend at a school with plenty of them already.

"We have a team hungry to prove that we have a good team," coach Sean Miller told CBS Sports, "That we have a successful team. And not be a team that rides the coattails of some of the success that has happened here over the last couple of years."

That hunger has paid off. A 15-3 start and a No. 12 ranking in the AP Top 25 poll shows that this team means business, and is one to really monitor the rest of the year. That is, if it can stay healthy.

No top 25 team in the country that has been as decimated by injuries as Arizona. Look at the injury list, and tell me if anyone can match this.

Freshman Ray Smith, who Miller says likely would have been their starting small forward, tore his ACL in the preseason and will miss the year. Kaleb Tarczewski, the team's returning lead scorer from last year, missed more than a month with a broken foot. This season's leading scorer, freshman Allonzo Trier, is out with a broken hand and likely won't return until mid-February. Ryan Anderson missed a game early on with a leg injury. Kadeem Allen sprained an ankle against Fresno State. Backup wing Elliott Pitts is out indefinitely for personal reasons.

The locker room has doubled as an infirmary, and it hasn't quite allowed the team to get the time together that they've needed to coalesce on the floor. For instance, Miller has noted throughout the season that the Wildcats aren't nearly where they need to be defensively. Given that defense -- especially one like Miller's that requires constant rotation to limit open looks and cut off penetration in the middle of the floor -- is often a matter of continuity, it makes sense that the team has struggled on that end.

Just during this particular stretch of the season, there are multiple stylistic changes that the team has to get accustomed to. Now that Tarczewski is back, they have to get used to him flying out and hedging screens hard, then recovering back to his man as opposed to Dusan Ristic playing soft pick-and-roll coverage. They also have to get used to Mark Tollefsen playing on the wing as opposed to playing at the 4, and the different timing that he brings on rotations in comparison to Trier.

It's adjustments on the fly like this that has made senior leadership such an important factor in the team's success. Both returning seniors Tarczewski and Gabe York have been critical to communicating what exactly the coaching staff wants from all six newcomers. Anderson and Tollefsen are also seniors who have been around the block and provide experienced bodies who know college basketball well.

"The experience, the practices, the big game experience, knowing how to do it and what to do, there's really just no substitute for talented players who are older," Miller said. "And that's what we have. The two guys who have been there through everything are Kaleb [Tarczewski] and Gabe [York]. Then with the maturity of Mark [Tollefsen] and Ryan [Anderson] added to those guys, that's been the bridge between who we've lost and how we can continue to be successful."

Anderson, the team's best player, has also stepped up on his new team and really become an emotional leader for the group. It started in the offseason after the outgoing players departed.

That's when he realized the aforementioned expectations around the team were pretty low compared to in previous years. There were the half dozen newcomers who were yet played a minute of game-time yet for Arizona, as well as four returnees who needed to step into larger roles. In order to get his team to rally around those factors, he came up with a motto for the team to live by.

"'Just Us' is something the team came up with over the summer when we felt like we weren't necessarily being as respected as teams at Arizona in the past," Anderson said. "We didn't need everybody hyping us up, or all the different accolades in the preseason. We just needed a group of guys to be honed in on our mission to get better every day and a group of guys that are committed to the team.

"We don't have the top five pick that in years past Arizona's had. But we do have a group of talented guys here, and the 'Just Us' mantra was basically that if we play together and we play unselfish and we do what Coach Miller and our staff want, that's all we need. Just Us."

You hear that stuff from every sports team obviously. The underdog narrative. The "nobody believes in us" rallying cry that coaches use to motivate. What makes this one different? Their coach, ever the realist among his brethren nationally, explained what makes this one so effective and unique.

"Sometimes as a coach when a group of guys or a team adopts a slogan or a motto, everybody in sports tries to do that in some way," Miller says. "Everyone tries to do it. Sometimes it's real, sometimes you roll your eyes and say 'oh yeah, that's just what they say when they break the huddle or talk about.' But if you watch us practice or if you're around our team for a week, you realize that our team really embodies those qualities. It's about backing up that they don't want to be recognized for the things that happened last year, or two years ago, or for that matter, 15 years ago. They want to earn it, and be talked about as being a good team."

With a reloaded roster and lower expectations heading into the year, it's rather impressive that Miller, Anderson, and the rest of the group have been able to pull together the record that they have. Just look around the rest of the country at teams that lost similar amounts of production and talent off of successful seasons in 2014-15. They're not exactly matching that success to this point.

Kentucky is sitting at No. 23 after a foursome of rather confounding losses given the Wildcats talent level. Duke will likely be unranked next week after a three-game losing streak has them at 14-5. Wisconsin hasn't had any real sort of impact on this season. Notre Dame and Gonzaga have scuffled along a bit after losing guards like Jerian Grant, Pat Connaughton, Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell.

Then throw on top of that the injuries that Arizona has had to deal with? It's surprising that Arizona hasn't dropped even more games than it has in this season of madness nationwide. It's a testament to the coaching and the leadership that has been built out in Tucson that the team is still playing at a high level even in the face of hardship.

"We've had a lot of adversity so far this year," Anderson said. "A lot of guys have been out. Even in the preseason we had guys coming in and out of the lineup with one or two week injury type things. I think it really just prepared us for this moment. As Coach Miller says around here, its next man up. This is really just testing that 'Just Us' motto we have because if that [teamwork] is all that we need to be successful, then someone within our circle always has to step up."

That attitude has gotten them this far, but now comes the pesky part of trying to get everyone healthy. After all, 15-3 is just a start; it's not an accomplishment. The team hasn't been fully healthy and at the top of its game since all the way back in November. They won't have their full cast until February when Trier returns. But once that happens?

It's possible that they're going to be a team to be reckoned with, and a team that is able to fulfill that "Just Us" motto by leaving its own mark on the university.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

And one loss on a last second shot at UCLA and one loss in multiple overtime at USC? Pretty remarkable how close we are to being ranked in the top couple.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Interesting article Bangkok Wildcat.

Did not know about it before, but thought the "just us" discussion insight was pretty cool.

"Just Us' is something the team came up with over the summer when we felt like we weren't necessarily being as respected as teams at Arizona in the past," Anderson said. "
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

I think the skepticism surrounding Arizona is legitimate and in some ways warranted. We haven't played a super challenging schedule, certainly not compared to past standards. Our best win is Gonzaga on the road? BYU & UCLA both went in there and won as well, so that takes a little shine of that W. And Gonzaga doesn't seem as formidable as they appeared back in December, especially with Karnowski done for the year.

Our loss to Providence came at a time when the team was really in transition. Trier had not stepped up his game as an assertive scorer and Tarc had just gone down with an injury. Honestly, that stretch was probably when our team was most vulnerable and we were fortunate not to lose to Santa Clara. Had we somehow escaped a win over Providence, no doubt we would've been rolled by MSU.

But my, how things have changed. Even with Trier currently out, we're a much different looking team. There's much more confidence coming from so many players on the court. But that confidence can disappear quickly on the road. But we're certainly in a much better place than we were a month ago. By far.

Our other two losses came by the slimmest of margins against tournament quality teams. Tarc looks like a completely different player right now. Maybe it was the competition against the Washington schools. But he is playing with an edge or attitude that we've never seen before. Tollefsen had a great weekend and hopefully he can maintain that production. Same for PJC, who has really improved his game.

At the outset of the season, Miller was vocal about how the team has a very high ceiling and room for growth. It's happening right now, before our eyes. This upcoming road trip will tell us a lot about how far they've really come. The wins last week at McKale were great and emphatic. If we can duplicate that performance at Stanford & Cal, then we're a legit top 10 team IMO.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Puerco wrote:And one loss on a last second shot at UCLA and one loss in multiple overtime at USC? Pretty remarkable how close we are to being ranked in the top couple.
And one extremely fortunate OT win against 6-13 Santa Clara (RPI 260) where their guy bricked two FTs with 0:01 left in a tie game .... being honest here

But - the team and coach have EVOLVED since then!

how will familiar PAC-12 foes react/struggle with Miller's shrewd idea to present a VARIETY of defenses instead of pack-line and more pack-line. The early returns from UW/WSU are positive!

Miller is so wise!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

That 2017 draft class is supposed to be VERY deep. Another thing to keep in mind when attempting to project the future. Trier may bounce early to avoid going into that 2017 draft, or he may stay and end up leaving after his junior year to get into the 2018 class. JJ obviously is gold whenever he wants to go.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Arizona will get Josh Jackson. When it's all said and done, china is china.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:I'd be absolutely shocked if Dusan was anything but a four year player for us. I love the dude but he isn't Roy Hibbert (in college). And he is kind of like Roy Hibbert, so that's a bad thing for his NBA future. If he leaves after his junior year, it's because he is going to play in Europe not the NBA
Never underestimate the power of being 7 feet tall. The fact that Dusan has good hands and touch, well, there just aren't that many of those people on planet earth.

Man, I never would've come close if someone asked me to guess how many 7-foot men between 20-40 y.o. were in America.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

carolinacat wrote:

At the outset of the season, Miller was vocal about how the team has a very high ceiling and room for growth. It's happening right now, before our eyes. This upcoming road trip will tell us a lot about how far they've really come. The wins last week at McKale were great and emphatic. If we can duplicate that performance at Stanford & Cal, then we're a legit top 10 team IMO.
So right. Always a pleasure to see AZ teams do this and is most notable when we have a "new" team like we do this year.
Bangkok Wildcat

CSM has never lost to Stanford....really? Sounds too incredible to be true......if so, very impressive!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:CSM has never lost to Stanford....really? Sounds too incredible to be true......if so, very impressive!
It may seem incredible, but then when you stop and realize that Johnny Dawkins has coached Stanford in every game Miller has coached against them then you realize it's totally par for the course.
Bangkok Wildcat

ChooChooCat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:CSM has never lost to Stanford....really? Sounds too incredible to be true......if so, very impressive!
It may seem incredible, but then when you stop and realize that Johnny Dawkins has coached Stanford in every game Miller has coached against them then you realize it's totally par for the course.
Lol.....it still is impressive considering we lost twice @ ASSU the last 3 years.....very cool streak for CSM vs the Furd....must drive them nuts!

P.S. Those students were annoying with the 'short' chant against PJC.....wow, if that's the quality of a Stanford education these days then they should be handing out refunds ;-)
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

RiseAndFire wrote:
Puerco wrote:And one loss on a last second shot at UCLA and one loss in multiple overtime at USC? Pretty remarkable how close we are to being ranked in the top couple.
And one extremely fortunate OT win against 6-13 Santa Clara (RPI 260) where their guy bricked two FTs with 0:01 left in a tie game .... being honest here

how will familiar PAC-12 foes react/struggle with Miller's shrewd idea to present a VARIETY of defenses instead of pack-line and more pack-line. The early returns from UW/WSU are positive!

Miller is so wise!
So, let's take a close look at your honesty:
We've had one very close win out of 16 wins total.
We've had two very close losses out of 3 losses total.
Which is a larger percentage?

Thanks for playing.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Yep. A good family friend played on D Wade and Lebron's Heat teams and had a cup of coffee with a few other teams. Hit a growth spurt in high school, first played organized basketball as a high school junior I believe, ended up 7 foot, and down the road playing on an NBA finals team and having Lebron and D Wade regularly taking him out to dinner so he could save his money. He probably would still be on the Heat, but a guy named Hassan Whiteside came out of nowhere and that was that. He wasn't even that great out of high school, but he was a 7-footer and had some quality power conference schools after him. Wasn't on the NBA radar until later in college but again, 7 footer and he could shoot fairly well.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Yep. A good family friend played on D Wade and Lebron's Heat teams and had a cup of coffee with a few other teams. Hit a growth spurt in high school, first played organized basketball as a high school junior I believe, ended up 7 foot, and down the road playing on an NBA finals team and having Lebron and D Wade regularly taking him out to dinner so he could save his money. He probably would still be on the Heat, but a guy named Hassan Whiteside came out of nowhere and that was that. He wasn't even that great out of high school, but he was a 7-footer and had some quality power conference schools after him. Wasn't on the NBA radar until later in college but again, 7 footer and he could shoot fairly well.
Dexter Pittman?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Dexter Pittman?
Justin Hamilton
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

It's never a guarantee, but the NBA will always give a 7 footer with any discernable basketball skill a look. There are just so few 7 footers running around. Dusan may not stick, but I would be shocked if he doesn't get a shot or two. I forget which thread had the running tab of great 7 foot stiffs in NBA history, but there are a lot.

I played with a 7 footer in college who was the least athletic person I've ever met. He could barely dunk at 7'1 and probably ran a 6 second 40. He had a full scholarship to a midmajor, and it was because he was 7'1. Nice guy, but seriously the worst athlete I've ever seen on a basketball court, let alone a college basketball court.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Chicat wrote: Justin Hamilton

Yep
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

maybe k-real should have grown a natyazFRO to get that extra inch and into the 17% consideration pool
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
It's never a guarantee, but the NBA will always give a 7 footer with any discernable basketball skill a look. There are just so few 7 footers running around. Dusan may not stick, but I would be shocked if he doesn't get a shot or two. I forget which thread had the running tab of great 7 foot stiffs in NBA history, but there are a lot.

I played with a 7 footer in college who was the least athletic person I've ever met. He could barely dunk at 7'1 and probably ran a 6 second 40. He had a full scholarship to a midmajor, and it was because he was 7'1. Nice guy, but seriously the worst athlete I've ever seen on a basketball court, let alone a college basketball court.
And even as just a sophomore, he has interior footwork and touch that exceeds just about every big in the country I would imagine. He's got an NBA ready body and still has plenty of time to pack on some more muscle. I easily see him as 260 by the time he leaves. I don't know why I can't find a wingspan measurement on him, but he does have long arms. He has shown some shooting range, but the sample size is so ridiculously small (hes 7-9 from 3) and it takes him an hour to get his shot off. He can speed that up over time though. His rebounding has gotten better, still a long ways to go defensively. He's got a lot going for him and he's still got just under 2.5 years to get better.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

And even as just a sophomore, he has interior footwork and touch that exceeds just about every big in the country I would imagine. He's got an NBA ready body and still has plenty of time to pack on some more muscle. I easily see him as 260 by the time he leaves. I don't know why I can't find a wingspan measurement on him, but he does have long arms. He has shown some shooting range, but the sample size is so ridiculously small (hes 7-9 from 3) and it takes him an hour to get his shot off. He can speed that up over time though. His rebounding has gotten better, still a long ways to go defensively. He's got a lot going for him and he's still got just under 2.5 years to get better.
I agree that he will mature into 260-265 and is a legit long 7 footer. I see he value ceiling as a more skilled Timofey Mozgov. Mozgov is an excellent example of how much value a physically imposing, long 7 footer has even if he just parks himself in the lane and forces people to shoot over him. Dusan has way more touch on his J and in the post than Mozgov, but can be physically similar.

He has similar drawbacks too. Mozgov was a nonentity in the Finals when GS went small because he doesn't have much lateral mobility. That will always be the case with Dusan. Give him some time to physically mature and I think he has a legit NBA future.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Some really nice praise for CSM starting at around the 25 minute mark in this podcast: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... in-general" target="_blank
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I think in the end what I was trying to get at was that Dusan will not be an early entrant to the NBA. Yes, he will likely get a look because of his size and skills, but it's not like he's gonna be a first rounder after his junior year.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce wrote: And even as just a sophomore, he has interior footwork and touch that exceeds just about every big in the country I would imagine
I don't watch NBA, but every announcer, especially those with NBA experience, love his footwork. Walton and Maclean for two right off the top of my head.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin wrote:
rgdeuce wrote: And even as just a sophomore, he has interior footwork and touch that exceeds just about every big in the country I would imagine
I don't watch NBA, but every announcer, especially those with NBA experience, love his footwork. Walton and Maclean for two right off the top of my head.
I think O'Neill likes Dusan the most of all of them.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

Puerco wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:

Miller is so wise!
So, let's take a close look at your honesty:
We've had one very close win out of 16 wins total.
We've had two very close losses out of 3 losses total.
Which is a larger percentage?

Thanks for playing.
Well actually we've had three very close losses out of 3 losses total. The Cats had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead with what could have been the final possession. Unfortunately, (can't remember who) passed the ball almost directly to a Providence player and they hit a couple of foul shots to make it a four point difference.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Miller has done a fantastic job this year especially. He rocked it at the U19 tourney and to me he is Pac COY so far
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

azcat49 wrote:Miller has done a fantastic job this year especially. He rocked it at the U19 tourney and to me he is Pac COY so far
Think he's gotta win the Pac to be Pac COY. Not saying he isn't deserving -- he is. But we're not even halfway through the Pac schedule. If he wins the Pac, he may get strong consideration for national COY.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote:Miller has done a fantastic job this year especially. He rocked it at the U19 tourney and to me he is Pac COY so far
It's Romar or enfield so far. I doubt either are there in the end
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

MrBug708 wrote:
Heh.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

MrBug708 wrote:
I think Enfield will be in it until the end.

If Arizona wins the Conf championship, I think Miller wins it. If not (and one of the favorites does), and either UW or USC finishes 2-3, then they will win it.

Barring a miracle, neithe Hurly nor Cuonzo will be. And that makes me happy.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

MrBug708 wrote:
Too early. Romar's 2-1 on the road so far, but the two,are ASU and WSU. Enfield has split two road trips. Neither has done anything unexpected for a top tier team. Are they top-tier teams? Give me another couple weeks and we'll see.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

When it all shakes out...Miller's a great coach.

“Those who have kind of given up on our ability to strike in the class of 2016 are really going down the wrong path,” Miller said.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

300?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

97cats wrote:300?

Faster than K did!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Main Event wrote:
What an amazing pic :) Here's hoping the guy in the middle wins a title soon.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

MrBug708 wrote:

Bug I don't disagree with you much but on this one I do. Both those guys have had an infusion of talent to get them where they are at. Miller has had a talent drop off and lost 75% of his scoring, rebounding and 100%of his floor leadership yet for the most part has not missed a beat.

I just think this by far is the best job he has ever done and I think he has really matured as a coach. I do think USC will be in it to the end and likely AE will get a lot of votes.
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I believe we are currently watching the ascendency of a dominant national Arizona program.

Good getting great.

Enjoy it. Bear Down. :)
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

azcat49 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:

Bug I don't disagree with you much but on this one I do. Both those guys have had an infusion of talent to get them where they are at. Miller has had a talent drop off and list 75% of his scoring, rebounding and 100%of his floor leadership yet for the most part has not missed a beat.

I just think this by far is the best job he has ever done and I think he has really matured as a coach. I do think USC will be in it to the end and likely AE will get a lot of votes.
Don't feed the troll, azcat. It never ends well.

Heh.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Epic picture
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:I believe we are currently watching the ascendency of a dominant national Arizona program.

Good getting great.

If CSM lands JJ, I'll be ready to believe this.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Beachcat97 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:I believe we are currently watching the ascendency of a dominant national Arizona program.

Good getting great.

If CSM lands JJ, I'll be ready to believe this.
Calm before the storm, BC...

Enjoy the masterpiece of a season SM is putting together, in spite of all thats gone on. Its beautiful story.

The arc is long with an largely positive trajectory. Its gonna be fun....