ASU blows

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

Re: ASU blows

Post by Puerco »

I think the patkush guy is a UA fan/troll
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

ASU cuts the lead to 7 and Hurley picks up a T. I think I've seen this before. :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

AZCatGirl wrote:ASU cuts the lead to 7 and Hurley picks up a T. I think I've seen this before. :lol:
Lol, Girl, you beat me to the punch.....Premature Ejection Man on the verge of being ejected in the final minutes yet again....he looks like a petulant little boy ;-)
Bangkok Wildcat

This curtain of distraction is getting even more pathetic....smh
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

As much as I wanted Oregon to lose, I did love how they kept making free throws to spite that stupid thing.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

AZCatGirl wrote:As much as I wanted Oregon to lose, I did love how they kept making free throws to spite that stupid thing.
Haha Corey Williams loved it too.
Bangkok Wildcat

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:As much as I wanted Oregon to lose, I did love how they kept making free throws to spite that stupid thing.
Haha Corey Williams loved it too.
First, I'm surprised this is within the rules...certainly seems to be pushing the boundaries. Second, the novelty has worn off and it really looks pathetic from the times I've seen. Lastly, wonder how far they will push the limits.....green lasers in the player's eyes, cherry bombs, topkess females....sadly, we've already seen the fat, topless men today....ughhhhh.

Seriously, it's not because it's ASU (although those losers would be the ones to invent something like this).....it just seems to be 'over the top' and a real sideshow 'distraction' from the game overall.....especially now they are split screening it and forcing the viewers to watch it as well.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

It's classless and reflects as such on their school and their program, as if either needed any help. As others have stated numerous times on social media, the only time anyone talks about their program is for that dumb curtain, or after a Bobby Hurley temper tantrum/meltdown. If some bozos behind the basket are the face of your program, correction, school, you have problems. If it were just funny stuff, I dont think it will be as bad. But you got a man straddling/humping another man wearing a horse mask and plenty of other childish/borderline offensive (to some) stuff going on. I hate Duke and don't think highly of their fans, but that GIF of that guy in a speedo doing the spirit fingers and dancing like an idiot in a speedo when that UNC player is shooting a FT is downright HILARIOUS.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

rgdeuce wrote:It's classless and reflects as such on their school and their program, as if either needed any help. As others have stated numerous times on social media, the only time anyone talks about their program is for that dumb curtain, or after a Bobby Hurley temper tantrum/meltdown. If some bozos behind the basket are the face of your program, correction, school, you have problems. If it were just funny stuff, I dont think it will be as bad. But you got a man straddling/humping another man wearing a horse mask and plenty of other childish/borderline offensive (to some) stuff going on. I hate Duke and don't think highly of their fans, but that GIF of that guy in a speedo doing the spirit fingers and dancing like an idiot in a speedo when that UNC player is shooting a FT is downright HILARIOUS.
Honestly the Curtain of Schenanigans is a copy of the dook Speedo guy imo. Surprised no one has said anything.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just wait until they have Courtney Simpson back there filming scenes.

"Looks like the double anal really distracted the shooter on that one!"
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Lol she is at it again. So goals are to keep losing games, win a few that people expect, and draw as much as GCU who is killing it right now.

Boivin: ASU basketball on cusp of something special
I’ll say it: An ASU program that is 4-8 in the Pac-12 is on the cusp of doing something special if the administration keep its focus during a crucial next few years.
Don’t read too much into the 14-11 overall record. The league is tough this year.
But the place is too big – its capacity should be 8,000, not 10,700 – and in need of enhancements.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /80323956/" target="_blank
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

Posted in another thread, but this was great: And being "Where Mediocrity Thrives," you just knew what asu's comeback was going to be: Predictable. How many times has an asu fan said to you, "Oh there you go bringing up basketball again, when it's not even basketball season."

I guess when your basketball team is in a "freefall" (Hurley's words) and 4-10 in Pac-12 play, your 6-7 football team is all you got? Slim pickins in Tempe I guess.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hurley should raid from their very successful women's team.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

dirtbags wrote:spight leaves the program, plans to transfer. great timing, man.

So the dude score 21 and 15, his two best games of the season and then bolts with 4 games to go and the PAC tourney. Man things are bad in scum land. Maybe he took a job as an asst. football coach
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

azcat49 wrote:
dirtbags wrote:spight leaves the program, plans to transfer. great timing, man.

So the dude score 21 and 15, his two best games of the season and then bolts with 4 games to go and the PAC tourney. Man things are bad in scum land. Maybe he took a job as an asst. football coach
Wow, the timing of this is crazy stupid even for ASSU......things must really be bad over there.....of course it's nothing but crickets on that dead message board at ASU Scout....pathetic.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The kid was not one of Bobby boy's recruits, and basically quit on his teammates when things aren't going well--which is someone I wouldn't want in my program if I ran one.

With all of that said, from his perspective, I am sure he got sick of the temper tantrums that Bobby assuredly has...I mean, he does in in crucial times of basketball games so imagine what happens in a closed practice...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

My heart goes out to Hurley and all of those upstanding ASU fans, all of whom are victims and do not deserve such a thing.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

College basketball classic?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Irish27 wrote:
White jerseys would indicate they would be a higher seed. Not gonna happen. Of course they wouldn't know much about tourney bball
FightWildcatsFight

azcat49 wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
White jerseys would indicate they would be a higher seed. Not gonna happen. Of course they wouldn't know much about tourney bball
Uh pretty sure those are the women's jerseys.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well they got that going for them, which is nice
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

Why do they need 2 uniforms for 1 Pac-12 Tournament game?
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

And just for good measure: Come out for Senior Day and salute, um, what's his name for all of the "success" of the last 4 years. Please?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

A season of highs? They're 14-15 while 4-12 in P12 play
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jefe wrote:A season of highs? They're 14-15 while 4-12 in P12 play
It's referencing the women's team, who are #10, 25-5 and co pac 12 champs with Oregon state.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Bangkok Wildcat

It looks like their message board is now officially the Women's Bball board......pathetic, sad, and soooooo ASU-worthy. LMAO.
az91

Post by az91 »

Ironically, their women's team got upset by Cal in the quarterfinals of the PAC-12 Conference Tournament.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

az91 wrote:Ironically, their women's team got upset by Cal in the quarterfinals of the PAC-12 Conference Tournament.
One woman's sport I cannot get into...I do love softball, and soccer is in a lot of ways a more fluid game for the women (maybe a lifetime of girls club soccer speaking), but I cannot, no matter how hard I try, care about women's hoops.

That said, this still cracks me up to no end. It is literally their prestige program at this point since their softball coach left and baseball lost Murph
Bangkok Wildcat

EVCat wrote:
az91 wrote:Ironically, their women's team got upset by Cal in the quarterfinals of the PAC-12 Conference Tournament.
One woman's sport I cannot get into...I do love softball, and soccer is in a lot of ways a more fluid game for the women (maybe a lifetime of girls club soccer speaking), but I cannot, no matter how hard I try, care about women's hoops.

That said, this still cracks me up to no end. It is literally their prestige program at this point since their softball coach left and baseball lost Murph
I agree completely EVCat......what a boring, unfeminine, and worthless sport IMO.....therefore, it's a 'perfect fit' for ASSU :-)
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ASSU BLOWS a 10 n point lead in the second half and they put the curtain of embarrassment on split screen all second half. I think Cal missed 1 FT
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

The curtain hasn't distracted many people this season. Maybe next year networks will stop giving them attention.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

3 Reasons Why Jahii Carson Will Succeed in the NBA
December 19, 2013
Tempe, AZ – If you’ve caught a glimpse of ASU basketball this season, one Sun Devil clearly stands out as a legitimate NBA prospect
http://dieharddevil.com/articles/jahii-carson-nba/" target="_blank

Opportunity knocks for Jahii Carson, ASU basketball
Fri Jan 18, 2013
On Dec. 25, he posted on his Twitter page that up to that point he felt he was the Pac-12’s best point guard.
http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/asu ... tball.html" target="_blank

Heated discussion on Jahii Carson to Suns
March 8, 2016
The Heat Index chimed in, saying that we just didn't see it happening.

(It appears it won't be happening, the Suns are expected to fill their roster with Alan Williams and Chase Budinger Tuesday.)
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... /81454340/" target="_blank

Fun career to follow. Also, here is some stuff about how Tempe cant keep their books balanced and keeps draining their students:

University still giving athletics $9.4 million in direct or indirect support despite increased revenue from student fee
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /81151674/" target="_blank
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

AZCatGirl wrote:The curtain hasn't distracted many people this season. Maybe next year networks will stop giving them attention.
i think the curtain is there to distract asu fans
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

AZCatGirl wrote:The curtain hasn't distracted many people this season. Maybe next year networks will stop giving them attention.
At some point in the future, they'll take something too far with that curtain. I mean, they're ASU.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Sucks for Jahii, but good for Chase.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Adidas f--ks up just about everything they touch
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

So... No more curtain of distraction till November? Aww...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

wyo-cat wrote:Sucks for Jahii, but good for Chase.
Jahi and his Mom deserved ASSU.....
Bangkok Wildcat

And why on earth is ASSU favored to land Thon Maker???
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:And why on earth is ASSU favored to land Thon Maker???
He thinks the bigger city has the best program
Bangkok Wildcat

Jefe wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:And why on earth is ASSU favored to land Thon Maker???
He thinks the bigger city has the best program
Then his IQ is a perfect match for an ASU education :-).......also hope he enjoys their massive and loyal fanbase. (No lol needed on that one)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

steph curry was such a major get for hurley
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

To be fair you could go on the Arizona campus and get pretty much the same reactions. Whole lotta students know nothing about the basketball team.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:To be fair you could go on the Arizona campus and get pretty much the same reactions. Whole lotta students know nothing about the basketball team.
Yeah, but they wouldn't be wrong to think we made the tourney.
FightWildcatsFight

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:To be fair you could go on the Arizona campus and get pretty much the same reactions. Whole lotta students know nothing about the basketball team.
Yeah, but they wouldn't be wrong to think we made the tourney.
Who knows, they could be confused with the Women's team. The Steph Curry thing is a little head scratching though.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Other asu blows news is that their #2 seed pac 12 champs best woman's basketball team ever since as upset by a 7 seed in the second round at home.