Re: Sean Miller

Post by gumby »

Ah, he did this Vine.

https://vine.co/v/i5JDQgpxL3B" target="_blank
Right where I want to be.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

he may never get one of his questions answered ever again -- I know he didn't last week
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

gumby wrote:Ah, he did this Vine.

https://vine.co/v/i5JDQgpxL3B" target="_blank
Yea and did the whole, "boo hoo. I don't have an opinion on this, I was only the one who made and posted it to Vine, leave me out of this, I'm not trying to get involved here." And of course, when the arguments ensued, "please take my name out of the mentions, boo hoo."
gumby

Post by gumby »

Kids today ...
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Alkins, ex-Wildcats standouts to visit

February 10, 2016 12:55 pm • Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star

New York five-star guard Rawle Alkins has been scheduled to return for an official recruiting visit this weekend, and some pretty prominent former Wildcats may be around to greet him. 8-)

Sean Miller said on Jim Rome's radio show today that former Wildcats T.J. McConnell, and probably Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson, will return for this weekend during the NBA's All-Star weekend break.

Alkins visited Arizona unofficially for its Jan. 28 game against Oregon. But he told Zagsblog he now has his PSAT score and is now taking official visits. He's taking an official to UNLV now and is set to visit Tucson for UA's game on Friday against UCLA.

During his interview with Rome, Miller said it was his goal and that of his staff to get the Wildcats to the program's fifth Final Four and his staff's first.

"You know you knock on the door a couple times and a lot of coaches, at least the ones who like me, say 'You know what? You’ll get there when you least expect it. You just keep knocking at the door, doing things right, trying to improve.' I'm hoping they're right."

Rome then asked Miller if this might be that kind of year when he didn't expect it, considering the Wildcats' upside with a healthy roster.

"For us, it could," Miller said. "I just would say this: We have a chance to be at our best down the stretch. I’ll also says UCLA and USC are way more than capable of coming in here to McKale Center and beating us.

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/a ... ed05d.html" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_basket ... ean-miller" target="_blank

Why I hate UCLA fans.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Love how he says Miller shouldn't be coaching kids. Tarc is an almost 23 year old(in a week) adult. He's older than a ton of NBA players.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Apparently those UCLA "fans" think everyone else should toe the Wooden line of behavior--even after Ben Howland chewed it up and spit it out.

No doubt those three Final Fours were so worth it, though. :roll: What a gaggle of morons with no moral compass.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Lost four starters. Tied for first. Players come back during All-Star break. Players eager to transfer in. Lyons follows him to Arizona. Yeah, he has no business being around young men.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Being trolled by RC97 and Bruins nation in a single post

Bravo
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Some people are so out of touch with reality it isn't funny. That Bruinsnation article and the subsequent comments are completely ridiculous. Lmfao.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

rgdeuce wrote:Some people are so out of touch with reality it isn't funny. That Bruinsnation article and the subsequent comments are completely ridiculous. Lmfao.
Pretty sure envy's one of the 7 deadly sins.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

During the UCLA game last week, the announcers brought up the incident - the play-by-play guy (forget his name) was minimizing it, and noted that Zeus has said he's "forgotten" it.

Walton responded 1) that players never forget such incidents, and 2) said because of it, that was the worst night of his TV career.... That's pretty strong!

Myself, I am lees concerned by the profanity; Lute and Wooden didn't use it, and are certainly in a small minority of college coaches there; I myself frequently employ the F-word, but never in a professional context. But the image of the two screaming face-t-face is one I won't soon forget, and think was over-the-top for ANY coach.

Now, IMNSHO, that does not mean that CSM is not one of the best coaches in the game (He is!), or that I am not very happy that he is (and I hope continues until retirement) Arizona's coach. But I do think his failure to, in any way, acknowledge the error (and, IMNSHO, that's all it was), does not reflect well on him, and will allow this incident to continue to come up, probably beyond this season....

That's my two cents....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Maybe just take a play off, champ.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I don't see any other fan base, besides UCLA, bringing this up again and again.

It may have more to do with where they are in the standings than with actual outrage over an incident that most have turned the page on.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

KO used to yell profanities quite a bit at his players. I recall an animated GIF of him when he was the USC coach going "It's fucking Jamelle Horne!".
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Just read this about the most successful coach in modern CBB and player relations involving profanity.

http://deadspin.com/5893113/coach-k-is-a-dick" target="_blank

Coaches do this ALL THE TIME. This is not weird, and if any player thinks that a coach at another program will give it to him less than Miller, he should go for it.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Coaches do this ALL THE TIME. This is not weird, and if any player thinks that a coach at another program will give it to him less than Miller, he should go for it.
Exactly. I'd rather have Bobby Knight type who wins like crazy than a polite loser like Alford.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote:I do think his failure to, in any way, acknowledge the error (and, IMNSHO, that's all it was), does not reflect well on him, and will allow this incident to continue to come up, probably beyond this season....
Maybe it will be brought up by you and Bill Walton but the other 7,402,111,212 people in the world (as of the writing of this post) have either moved on or didn't care in the first place.

By the way, that Walton quote about it being the worst night of broadcasting of his life is particularly damning since it comes from a guy who never uses exaggeration or hyperbole, thus probably making your post one of the 7 best pieces of writing he's ever read.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spliff and Chi are right. And it doesnt help that Walton is a flower child, laid back California hippy. His first big coach, John Wooden, and his last, KC Jones, were also both known for their laid back, rarely yelling at players coaching style.

While I dont think there is a perfect style for coaching, I do know that every player is unique and responds to different approaches. The best coaches are that way because they are great coaches/minds, not because of a particular style. Popovich is ruthless and is the greatest NBA coach ever.
Last edited by rgdeuce on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

TJ McConnell
Nick Johnson
Aaron Gordon
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Solomon Hill
Stanley Johnson
Gabe York
Alonzo Trier
Kobe Simmons
Kaleb Tarczewski

I mean...look at this freaking list of players. They all chose Miller over other elite coaches/programs. I think we're incredibly lucky to have CSM at AZ. UCLA fans can cry all they want.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I could add plenty of more to that list and still ask this question, how many of this list are jackasses? Im sure Miller goes after good kids and that helps, but he still gets a ton of credit for it too. Boys come here and leave as well-rounded young gentlemen
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

rgdeuce wrote:The best coaches are that way because they are great coaches/minds, not because of a particular style. Popovich is ruthless and is the greatest NBA coach ever.
Yep, and Zeus is playing the best basketball of his career right now.

Meanwhile, UCLA is still coached by a rape apologist. Which coach shouldn't be allowed around college students ?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

legallykenny wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:The best coaches are that way because they are great coaches/minds, not because of a particular style. Popovich is ruthless and is the greatest NBA coach ever.

Meanwhile, UCLA is still coached by a rape apologist. Which coach shouldn't be allowed around college students ?
A good coach knows who can take it (this is in reference to Miller). A good coach responds differently to players and situations.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

rgdeuce wrote:I could add plenty of more to that list and still ask this question, how many of this list are jackasses? Im sure Miller goes after good kids and that helps, but he still gets a ton of credit for it too. Boys come here and leave as well-rounded young gentlemen
Oh, I just chose some of my favorites. CSM hasn't had very many bad apples (Josiah, Sidiki, maybe C. Victor).
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

catgrad97 wrote:Apparently those UCLA "fans" think everyone else should toe the Wooden line of behavior--even after Ben Howland chewed it up and spit it out.

No doubt those three Final Fours were so worth it, though. :roll: What a gaggle of morons with no moral compass.
The Wooden line of behavior...you mean pretend you are this class act when in reality you have a shady guy in the background doing all the dirty work
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

legallykenny wrote:

If only Bruinsnation would get on the whole Steve Alford coaching issue
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So to get back to the original thread topic...Sean Miller is awesome.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Chicat wrote: By the way, that Walton quote about it being the worst night of broadcasting of his life is particularly damning since it comes from a guy who never uses exaggeration or hyperbole, thus probably making your post one of the 7 best pieces of writing he's ever read.
I lol'd hard when I read this
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Chicat wrote: By the way, that Walton quote about it being the worst night of broadcasting of his life is particularly damning since it comes from a guy who never uses exaggeration or hyperbole, thus probably making your post one of the 7 best pieces of writing he's ever read.
I lol'd hard when I read this

How many "worst shot in the history of the conference"s have we seen?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

When JJ commits, and our '16 class is secured, the off-season hype and media attention are going to be fun. Excessive, yes, but also fun. Should be a nice ride for Miller.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Hurley: "We’re from a city where if you’re not tough, things can happen. My neighborhood was rougher than Bobby’s growing up, but I tried to make sure Bobby had an understanding of how you have to conduct yourself.
And what a great job you did there. :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Coach will be on Sporstcenter with SVP tonight.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/" target="_blank

Scroll down a bit for the Miller interview
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Main Event wrote:http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/

That was short but sweet. Love Sean. He's always a great interview.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Main Event wrote:http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/

Nice interview. Cool post 8-)
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

awesome
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Love it. Is ant program defined by a hash tag. #aplayerssprogram is a brand and we'll known
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Salty

Post by Salty »

It hasn't been easy to defend coach this year.

Comments like that don't help.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Who is that loser? Is that blog talk radio because I don't know those guys. Great job sticking to the topic. Hey bud, should they or should't they?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Another shockjock hack. "Who is Sean Miller?" Nobody cares enuff about this dude to make him his own wikipedia page lmfao
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Salty wrote:It hasn't been easy to defend coach this year.

Of course not. Thats why hes the trendy pick for national coach of the year by so many
Salty

Post by Salty »

rgdeuce wrote:

Of course not. Thats why hes the trendy pick for national coach of the year by so many
Let's hang that banner next to all the recruiting ones.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Who said anything about banners? Thats just proving you have no idea what youre talking about
Salty

Post by Salty »

rgdeuce wrote:Who said anything about banners? Thats just proving you have no idea what youre talking about
Winning the coach of the year is entirely irrelevant, and Wisconsin's interim will win it anyways
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Salty wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

Let's hang that banner next to all the recruiting ones.
You still dumb
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Are you for real?

We win at Utah and we are still very likely to get at least a piece of a conference championship. That would be what... 4 in 7 years? With 3 Elite 8's in 6 seasons, and this season TBD.

But you bring your weak smack about hanging recruiting banners... move along.